October 25, 2014 | 1767 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Honey Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Gryphonlaur

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the smell, I find it very soothing, it's like honey and roses. When you first put it on it feels slightly waxy because of the beeswax, but its absorbed into your lips quickly. Leaves your lips soft and smooth. Will buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by tanseiyin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i'd say it was okayyyyyyyyyy as a lip balm but not the best . moisturizing but doesn't feel as thought the moisture went deep into the lips . I've used better lip balms .

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to love the honey lip balm when it was first introduced by Burt's Bees (Burts Bees as a standalone c/o, not acquired!). The lovely scent of honey and roses and it was very moisturizing and did not need to be applied several times a day. The ingredients actually were absorbed into the skin.

The newer version has a bad (chemical-y) smell and feels very oily, slick. Sort of just stays on the lips and needs to be reapplied often. Needless to say, never buying this lip balm again. If the lanolin ingredient is removed from this lip balm and replaced with more honey/beeswax or propolis extract, it would probably be one of the best balms there is, in the market.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by jmbeck21

Live regular Burt's Bees chapstick but u just absolutely hated the smell of this and ended up throwing it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by firequeen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Violet

I will start off with saying that this lip balm has been ok with me. First the pros. I love the packaging, it is hygienic and really easy to use and fits in your purse/makeup bag/ whatever you carry around pretty well. It does moisturize your lips and leaves them feeling pretty soft smooth and supple. Now the cons. First the price is crazy! 8.99 for a lip balm! No way! I hate the smell, its much to strong and does not smell nice. The lip balm doesn't go on very well and feels waxy like really waxy. Also it has zero staying power, Like five minutes after I applied there was no trace on my lips and the feel dry again within the next hour. So I guess I am sitting on the fence with this one, I am not pleased but I do not throw this product down and run screaming. This product is not for me but maybe it will be for other people. I don't think I would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by amieey

Weird smell

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by kwebster4444

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Personally, I love this lip balm. It smells like roses and honey which really lightens up my mood. Plus it moisturizes great on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by misscocochaneljeanelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this lip balm! It's my all time favorite! I've tried chapstick , nivea and carmex but none moisturize like Burt's does! It makes my lips nice and smooth and very soft. I'm addicted to this stuff! really soothes my chapped lips, especially during the cold months. My boyfriend loves this stuff too! My favorite is the honey and I just recently bought the mango butter which is great too but I love the honey better! Been using Burt's Bee's Honey lip balm for two years now and I'm never switching to any other chapstick again. I have one in my purse and one in my makeup bag before I put on my favorite lip stain and it makes my lips soooo soft! Love this stuff! pretty expensive for just a chapstick but well worth it for me! Also the smell of it does not bother me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 8:15:00 AM More reviews by Wezo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first Burt's Bees product so I have nothing for comparison but so far so good! It has a nice sweet honey fragrance, goes on smoothly and feels very moisturising.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by elifisiklar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh the awful smell... I'm generally a fan of Burt's Bees products, including their lip balms (especially the tinted ones), but I wouldn't recommend this Honey version to anyone because of its smell. It doesn't smell like honey, it smells like something totally different and something disgusting. Either go with another Burt's Bees lip balm, or at least smell this one before you buy it and see what I'm talking about.