Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.3

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I used to love this product but now I'm not sure if the product works for me.

If you don't mind dipping your fingers into a jar, then this could work for you:

PROS:
-removes my sunscreen and make up on my skin very effectively. My skin looks clearer and I don't break out from this product (I do wash my skin with a foaming cleanser afterwards)
-the product rinses off very cleanly (surprising because it's so oily when you apply) - rinses off white - and your skin feels hydrated but not greasy at all
-lasts for a very long time as you need only a very little of this product

CONS:
-this is the ONLY reason why I wouldn't repurchase but it's significant. It doesn't take off my eye make up well. It smears my eye make up around and even with some pressing, using a cotton cloth, etc - it just leaves me with a shadow around my eyes so I need to go over it with a liquid makeup remover

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I absolutely love this! I have dry, sensitive skin and it never irritates or dries out my skin. It takes off all of my makeup, even waterproof eye makeup. I cannot recommend this enough. The price might seem steep at first, but it lasts me about 3-4 months using once a day.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

HG cleanser! This stuff has replaced my beloved DHC cleansing oil that I had been using for years. One jar of this balm lasts me at least 6 months even though I use this every night. I would go through a bottle of the DHC every 3 months and it was not convenient to replace. I love that you can kind find this balm just about anywhere and i find it so much easier to travel with because it is not a fluid and does not leak. My skin feels nice after rinsing as well, not dry at at. I do double cleanse but this balm removes all my makeup easily. Highly recommend!

You guys, this stuff is amazeballs. Use about a quarter sized amount to take your makeup off at night. Massage it onto dry skin, focusing on your eye makeup. Keep rubbing that eye makeup till you feel all the mascara off your lashes. Then rinse and wash your face with whatever you usually use. There will be no raccoon eyes. This stuff takes off Benefit They're Real! with no problems. So much easier and effective than any eye makeup remover I've tried. I already have a new one purchased because I don't think I could go a day without it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This had all the ingredients for me to love it. I like using cleansing oils - DHC was my first and is still my favourite but this is so much more easily available.

Everything is perfect except that I feel like it doesn't cleanse that well! I use it in the middle of the day at office to remove my morning tinted sunscreen. While with all other cleansing oils, I can see the colour come off when I rinse, this hardly has any colour come off. And if I do apply anything later with a cotton pad, a little colour comes off on the pad. Considering it's a balm and not as liquid as an oil, maybe it does require a bit more rubbing, say with a cloth, but then why not use an oil in the first place which doesn't require that extra work?

Positives - it feels so good to massage into my skin and is easy to carry around. It also leaves my skin feeling quite moist and doesn't irritate or seem to cause acne. It's fragrance free - I really don't see why cleansers need fragrance anyway.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have bought this balm a few times. I really like it and I find it gets all the makeup off. It also leaves my face feeling comfortable and not dry and tight. It is not perfumed and is suitable for my sensitive skin.
I think that for 29€, the price is a little steep but until I find a comparable balm at a cheaper cost I will stick with this one.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I wanted to try a cleansing balm as a change from my trusty Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser and settled on this product on the basis of the great reviews here. They were right!
You only need a small amount of this product, which is solid in the jar but liquifies into an oil, to very effectively remove all traces of makeup. The instructions on the jar say "rinse well" but it's currently being promoted with a matching muslin cloth. To get a really good cleanse it is actually best removed with a cloth - i use a warm terry face cloth - and follow with Clinique Liquid Soap. I usually follow with Clarifying Lotion on a cotton pad which has no traces of makeup after this double cleanse.
I've been using this balm for a week now and so far I'm very pleased with the results.
I'm a big Clinique fan so I knew that this would be a high quality product. It's cheaper than many other cleansing balms currently on the market, and the
other plus for me is that it's unscented. I like the richer texture of this balm which I think will be really comfortable on my skin when it gets drier later in the year.
The jar is low and wide which makes for a nice easy swipe of product when you're in a hurry and although large it's pretty enough to display in the bathroom.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I'll be honest and say I've been sucked into the hype around this product and went out and bought it.
At 22, it's definitely the most expensive skincare product that I own but I feel as though it's justifiable.

I love how it's unscented! And I love using it to give myself a mini facial massage. I apply a small amount to my face, rub it in and then apply a warm flannel to my face to wipe it off. It does a pretty good job at removing eye and face make up.

However, my eyes feel so uncomfortable when I remove my eye make up and my eyesight becomes blurry. Also, I cringe a little every time I put my fingers in the tub but that could be avoided by using a spatula to scoop out some product.

All in all, it's a great product and I seem to have abandoned my micellar water for it - oops!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have used this balm as a first cleanse for over a year and a half. It's an efficient, no fuss sort of product. I work outside and this cleansing balm gets everything off - I usually come home with layers of sunscreen and dirt on my face. To cleanse, I'll scoop out the balm with clean hands and massage it on my face and neck. This step in my routine is so lovely. While the first few times it feels like you are slathering lard on your face, it becomes so relaxing to feel and see all your makeup dissolve. To remove, I'll use a wet washcloth to gently pat off all the oil. I'll then rinse my face with water and follow with a second cleanser.

The tub is quite large and lasts me about six months. While I love the balm texture, I do wish the packaging was more hygienic. It's really gross to see your finger marks in a product that you're using the clean your face.

The price is pretty typical for a Clinique product. However, you could really just use safflower seed oil to cleanse and it would be a lot cheaper. However, I'm willing to pay $30 for this balm because I need a cleansing oil that emulsifies. It makes washing my face so much easier!

That being said, I am always on the lookout for a new cleansing oil. This one fits the bill in many regards - It's unscented, I love the ingredients, and it's efficient. But if I could find an oil that also has better packaging, I would definitely stop using the product. But so far, I haven't found anything to rival TTDO!

Typically I use ponds cold cream. Which is about $1 per ounce. I had a gift card to spend and didn't need anything so I decided to splurge on this since people praise it.

Imo this is so inferior of a makeup remover. This dried out my skin (and I have oily skin). My skin dried out really badly and I even had peeling near my mouth that went away when I discontinued use.

It's really difficult to remove eye makeup with this and I needed to use a ton, which is NOT OK considering how expensive this is.

In all it just wasn't worth the price tag. And im thankful for that, bc there are much cheaper alternatives that perform better so this isn't at all a "must have"