October 25, 2014 | 1050 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Eustace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy using this product. I don't use it to remove eye makeup, as I think it would be too greasy and interfere with my lenses but it's great on my skin. It melts into the skin nicely as you are massaging it in, and then washes off quickly and easily. You are left with soft, clean skin and no greasy feel. Although the jar is plastic it is still pretty enough to be left out on the vanity. I have not experienced any skin reactions to using this balm and I especially enjoy using it during the winter months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was on the fence at first with this product. It worked pretty well but didn't get my mascara off which is always a problem because I always wear waterproof. Then I let it sit on my face for just long enough to change clothes, and poof! All my mascara was gone. Now I'm a believer. I love this stuff soooooo much now. I was using caster and jojoba oil to clean off my eye makeup but it was so hard to get the oil off and I'd get those little white oil pockets on my face. With cleansing balm, I put it on my DRY face (I used to wet my face first but it works so much better dry) and let it sit, then was with my usual cleanser, currently LUSH herbalism. No liquid makeup remover stinging my eyes or pulling out eyelashes. I'm about half way done and I got it 3 months ago so you don't need much and it lasts a while. And compared to other cleansing balms, it's so cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by ac29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for over a year now and it's my go-to when my skin's acting up or when I'm wearing a lot of makeup. I use other cleansers but get nervous if I don't have any of this in stock. I normally scoop a bit (more than pea size but not too much), massage onto dry skin, let it sit for a couple seconds, then clean off with a washcloth.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by dem7201

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have bought this product 3 times now, so I feel confident in my review. I love the way this takes make up off. I pre-cleanse with the balm and then cleanse with my age appropriate cleanser. I feel this allows the beneficial ingredients in the targeted cleanser to have a better opportunity to work their magic.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by muzukashii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have enlarged pores on and around my nose. They get clogged up easily, and my skin usually is bumpy and uneven because of this. I've used cleansing oils, I regularly exfoliate, but nothing has ever unclogged my pores so effectively yet gently as this! Long story short: I absolutely love this! I've said "my skin's never been better" on several occasions prior, but I'll say it again, and mean it this time: my skin's never been better! It's smooth and even, no more clogged up pores and bumps. I love this for its luxurious feel when I massage it onto my skin, and the way it takes off even the most tenacious make up as well as waterproof sunscreen with such ease without irritating my skin.

Oh, I usually double-cleanse and go over my face with the Bioderm Sensibio Micellar solution afterwards just to make sure. Not sure, however, if this is even necessary.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by chessieleigh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I almost never write reviews - I'm content to read. But after my bad experience with this, I had to. I loved the texture and feel. But almost immediately after using, my eyes turned bright red, tearing and itching. I was hoping it wasn't the product and maybe something ...else? So I gave it another shot the next day. Same thing, along with swollen, puffy lids. Awful! Thank goodness for Sephora's return policy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know everyone and their cats seem to be using a cleansing balm to cleanse in the evening. Call me old fashioned but I don't really like to use a greasy substance on my face (this actually looks and feels like lard). This did an excellent job at removing makeup. No doubt. But I also felt like I had to rinse it off forever... The next day I had a white head. Can't say that this was the cause, but it bothers me to know that I am using something so rich in lipids on my skin... But if you like balms, go for it. It's a huge tub, unscented and works! You only need a tiny bit so it's excellent value for money. I would probably use it if I had dry skin. Even though this product is not for me, I am giving it 5 lippies because I can't fault it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by maisonsteffi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very effective in removing makeup but caused major breakouts on my acne-prone skin. The first ingredient in this balm is Ethylhexyl Palmitate which is incredibly comedogenic. I have stopped applying this on my skin and instead been using it to remove waterproof mascara and eye makeup. This takes the most waterproof of mascaras very easily. The balm does not sting my eyes but causes them to blur temporarily when I haphazardly apply this. I will repurchase this out of laziness to look for alternatives in removing eye makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Sklocker1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely LOVE this cleansing balm - perfect for pre-cleansing! It is pretty much odor-less and takes away every bit of make-up (even water-proof mascara and stubborn foundation) effortlessly. It washes off nicely and quickly without leaving a residue. I have been using this for 4 weeks not and have not had any break outs or issues.
The only remark I would have (but is by no means a make or break for me) - the balm did not remove long lasting, matte lipstick all the way through. There were still some bits left in between creases - nothing a little toothbrush can't fix in a sec.

I would definitely buy this balm again! Every day I look forward to going home to take off my make up!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by BlondeInDelhi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Takes all makeup off without irritating even eyes, rinses clean, and doesn't cause pimples. It also lasts a long time. I've been using it about 5 times a week for about 4 months, and I'm only about quarter a way through the tub.