Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.3

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 3/31/2015 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this after reading Caroline Hirons' blog about cleansing. I find it removes makeup really well and I don't feel the need to double cleanse (I still do sometimes though). It leaves me feeling smooth and I feel like I've seen a reduction in blackheads since I've been using it.

It is pretty simple in it's presentation, like many reviewers have said, it just resembles a pot of lard! I'm not too fussy so I just scrape it out with a clean finger, but it would be good for Clinique to provide a little spatula inside the top of the lid or something (especially for the price, $AUD 55).

It is on the pricey side, but I can see it lasting for at least a year, especially when using a different cleanser for the second cleanse.

Highly recommended.

on 3/18/2015 5:51:00 AM

With Caroline Hirons' positive review and my love for deep cleansing in mind, I had to try this (thanks M.W.). This balm is a no fuss hard working cleanser that takes away all make-up and dirt. You could situate it between the all natural REN balm and the Eve Lom mineral oil bomb. I love my REN cleansers but this is a great alternative especially if you are allergy prone or dislike strong fragrance. Apply on dry skin, emulsify, take off with hot cloth: clean, soft skin is yours! Suitable for every day use - am and pm.

on 3/15/2015 7:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Clinique Take The Day Off has been my first foray into cleansing balm. So while I can't compare it with other balms, I prefer it to the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish stuff, which I've also used with a hot cloth, and which although smooth, creamy and comfortable to apply, tingles slightly.

This product feels like you're dipping your fingers into a bowl of greasy lard, and as it emulsifies on your face upon application, it feels like you're rubbing melted lard onto your face. But it effectively removes make up, and I can even rub it into my eyelashes to remove heavy eye makeup without stinging my eyes. I have very dry and sensitive skin, which can also break out; unlike some cleansing creams, my skin doesn't feel tight or sore, but feels smooth and soft, so I don't have to rush for my serum or moisturiser as soon as I've dried my face. Recommended for dry skins. A point off because I will always feel like an idiot for spending 22.00 on a tub of lard.

on 3/11/2015 1:41:00 PM

Fantastic cleanser. Removes all my makeup, including eye makeup without any irritation. Good value for money too. I use AM and PM on to dry skin and remove with a warm flannel.

on 3/9/2015 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love, love this for taking my make up off. It is my first cleanse. i have acne prone, very oily skin and this leaves my skin feeling great. i have even noticed not as many blackhead on my nose or chin. i rub all over on dry skin and use a wash cloth to take it off. i'm not too bothered by the tub, my cold cream was the same way and i've learned to use it without getting my makeup hands on it. i would def. like a different method, but i doubt that will happen with a balm.

on 3/3/2015 12:22:00 AM

Best of the best cleansing product in the market.

I bought in Los Angeles Airport during my holiday in California. Half price of what I paid in Singapore, USD 28.

I just dig a little bit in the tub, and rub on my face, massage a little bit, rinse with water, then follow by usual facial cleanser. I have cleanest face ever. I will review more.

on 2/8/2015 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Seriously best cleansing balm of all time. I can't imagine this out of my skincare routine. It is by far my most essential skin care item of all of the ones in my routine. It is a straight forward cleansing balm-- it gets off all of my makeup, even my WATERPROOF mascara which is a total bitch to get off. I have found this cleansing balm to be the best method of removing my makeup period..so much better than using removers such as even Bioderma or Clarins Instant Waterproof. It dissolves everything immediately and it rinses clean with absolutely no residue. This is the only cleanser or makeup remover I use if I am wearing makeup, I usually follow up with a separate cleanser but I only trust this one to remove every trace of makeup on my face and neck. It is fragrance free, with no mineral oil, absolutely no nasties..what more could I ask for in a cleansing balm?

I prefer DHC over this any day! I hate that it's in a pot. Who wants to stick their fingers in a pot when cleaning makeup. Yuck. it works well to take makeup off but it leaves my combination skin absolutely dehydrated, stripped of all moisture.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I LOVE this cleansing balm! It makes my dry skin feel so smooth and soft but still really clean. Feels amazing when rubbed in for like a minute and then wiped off. I used to hate washing my face because of how drying it is but now I'm looking forward to it :)

First of all, this cleansing balm is actually amazing. All of my friends love it, they have beautiful skin and this is a great way to easily remove all your make-up as well as cleansing your skin properly.

However, I have really Acne prone (hormonal) skin, and this clogged my pores like crazy. Every inch of my chin covered in clogged skin as well as huge cysts. Even though this isn't the reason for my bad skin, it does nothing for my pimples and acne.

I don't have any problems with my cheeks, eyes or forehead though, so it did the trick there, but for my chin - horrible.

But I do believe in this product for people with actual try and otherwise normal skin, and maybe even combination skin, but for someone with acne prone skin, I would not recommend this.

Thea