July 31, 2014 | 1787 users online

Sunscreen - Skinceuticals - Daily Sun Defense

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2007 2:44:00 PM More reviews by MissLucyLu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this on and off for years and it's great for daily use under makeup. However, I recently tried Blue Lizard's Face and it is excellent- it has more zinc oxide(8% compared to 5%)and is just as light and non-greasy at 1/3 of the price. It has a lighter, whipped consistency compared to the Blue Lizard Sensitive Skin and blends more easily. I will continue to use the Sensitive for when I'll be outside for long periods of time but this one is great for daily use.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2007 8:34:00 AM More reviews by KRaya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this sunblock! I have been using the SPF 20, and it's a great moisturizer as well. I apply it over a firming serum, and it's great under makeup. It doesn't peel or gunk up when I apply concealer or my minerals foundation. The only thing to be aware of is that if your face is already sunburned, WAIT TO USE THIS PRODUCT!!! If you apply this on top of sunburn, it will burn badly. That's why I gave it four lippies. Otherwise, it's a wonderful product and I will definitely buy this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2007 1:46:00 PM More reviews by PinkB31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm on my 3rd tube of the SPF 20. This is the only sunscreen that I've used that doesn't break me out. I put this on after I wash my face in the morning and I have no need to use a separate moisturizer. I really love this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2006 1:56:00 PM More reviews by firewoman450

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a sample package on Ebay and was very disappointed. This sunscreen gave my face a white cast that made me look like a zombie. Great for Halloween, though. Too bad, because I really wanted to start using a non-chemical sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2006 9:55:00 AM More reviews by tusabrat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice product! Nice matt finish, and I like that it moisturizes as well. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2006 6:03:00 PM More reviews by glewis

This is one of the only sunblocks I have found that truly does not make me break out... and I have tried a TON of them. (Usually I can literally see the pores clogging.) I actually didn't wear sunblock for a long time b/c it just wasn't worth the breakouts.

I've been using the Daily Defense for about 3 years now, and I could swear they changed something about the formula about six months ago, b/c it seems like a slightly different consistency/more white than it used to. Still didn't make me break out, but it was kind of annoying getting makeup to go on well over it, unless I waited a good 20 minutes or so, which never used to be a problem. HOWEVER, based on MUA reviews, I just started mixing the Dr. Hauschka Transluscent Bronze Concentrate with it, and that has totally solved the problem - no more white, makeup goes on great, skin looks a little glowy, and my face is now a closer match in color to the rest of my body. :-) Its only been a week with the bronze added in, but still no breakouts.

Take my mother's advice and start wearing sunblock every day NOW, it will definitely pay off... she is 57 and looks at least 10 years younger, b/c she has almost no wrinkles! (Its kinda freaky actually.)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2006 2:04:00 PM More reviews by catherine200

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best sunscreen for the face! I use it instead of a moisturizer since my skin is a little oily. I have tried a lot of other sunscreens/moisturizers and haven't found one that I really like until this one. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I'm now 30 and my skin has finally calmed down with the oiliness so this doesn't seem as greasy.

I wait 10 minutes after I apply toner to apply this so that it sinks in better, then I wait another 10 minutes until I apply foundation and/or powder over it. I love that it's SPF 20 because 15 is a little too low and 30 would be too high.

It's a little expensive but the tube is pretty big and seems like it will last awhile.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2006 6:11:00 PM More reviews by brizzo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this sunscreen but it simply is too heavy and sticky for my combo/oily skin. Even though it is touted as being 'oil free' it wears very heavy unless you put an unbelievably small amount on your skin - not enough to provide adequate UV protection. I would not recommend this for anyone with combo or oily prone skin - only for those with truly dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2006 11:25:00 AM More reviews by andria318

This is an expensive sunscreen, but you do get your money's worth. As much as I love the physical sunscreen agent, however, the lotion is too thick for my skin type (combo/oily) and despite putting on a super thin layer I still get a greasy shiny after feel hours later. I'm sticking to proactiv oil free moisturizer spf 15 (same sunscreen ingredient, but it has an oil-absorbing property (which I love, for my skin stays shine-free all day)).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2006 2:20:00 PM More reviews by girlbythesea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful sunblock!! It is nice and light yet hydrating. Can even be used as a moisturizer/sunblock combo. Doesn't feel to greasy, and it works well under makeup.