September 2, 2014 | 2017 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by joig

Felt great when I started using it but after a while i noticed a lot of hair fall, made my hair dry after a while, what i dont get is why there is gelatin and collagen in it

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by foreverglamour

I got this product for one reason, to get longer hair. I've heard about it many times throughout the YouTube etc. Both the shampoo and conditioner are relatively cheap, I think only about $6 or so. When I first used the shampoo and conditioner my hair felt super weighed down and tangled. I was immediately disappointed. A few days after I gave mane n tail another go, and I must say it works wonders! I guess your hair just has to get used to it or something, because even after 3 days my hair is shiny, manageable but not oily:) as for the hair growth, I do notice my hair growing but not at any miracle speed or anything. I switch mane n tail out with my herbal essence shampoo and conditioner and continue to get great results. I highly recommend the mane n tail shampoo, not so much the conditioner as I found it to be quite watery. Overall great products!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this shampoo about 5 years ago and really didn't like it because it stripped my hair and didn't do anything beneficial for it. Plus, my hair just looked blah and flat. Plus, the ingredients are very cheap and not good for your hair. The packaging is ugly and bulky. Not recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this shampoo up at my local Kroger's for just $5.99 for a huge 32 oz bottle. After reading some of the reviews, I was expecting a watery yellow substance that didn't foam much. I was surprised when this turned out to be a thick pearly white cream that produced plenty of rich creamy lather. This cleaned well, and added a lot of body to my medium fine hair. (I could actually feel the extra volume in the shower, while my hair was still wet!)

I'll warn you up front, this shampoo contains sodium lauryl sulfate. However, that's the only sulfate in it, which might be preferable to all the other so called "No-SLS" shampoos out there today with two or three other sulfates or pseudo-sulfates in them. Regardless, my hair didn't feel dry afterwards. Nor did it feel super moisturized. This is more of a clarifying shampoo plus protein for body and strength. You'll need conditioner along with this shampoo, which is true of most shampoos. I used the matching conditioner from Mane n Tail, and was very happy with the results, but that's another review.

Anyways, this shampoo also contains protein in the form of hydrolyzed collagen. From what I've read, it's very important that whatever form of protein is used that it be hydrolyzed, otherwise it just gets washed down the drain. Hydrolyzed protein has been broken down in such a way that it is small enough to actually attach itself to the tiny cracks and fissures in the hair shaft making the hair stronger. Just be careful that you don't over do it on this shampoo. Too much protein can make some hair dry. In which case, you'll want to rotate this with something else.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by cherryblossem12

This is my go to shampoo. It has worked well for me cleaning my hair. After some time I began to notice it working its magic after sometime. My hair grew out thick and I decided to get a trim. Unfortunately my hair started to dry out because of the protein and I was not as happy as I was before. overall I still have and use it but I alternate with another shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by beckyloo123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

All I can say is I wish I took a before-and-after picture!! LOVE this shampoo. Not too sure how I feel about the conditioner, I usually stick with a moisturizing one or a mask because, yes, this shampoo will dry out your hair a little bit. But I find it's still better than most expensive shampoos out there. It gives my hair amazing body and shine! I wouldn't be surprised if it makes my hair grow because my hair is looking healthier than ever! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by BarraganD576082

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay so i used this product because i heard such great things about it. Let me tell you I'm 14 years old and using this product was the worst thing i have ever done. I honestly didn't noticed until like 2 months after using this product that my hair was so thin. When i told my mom she said its because of that shampoo that I'm using but of course i didn't believe her. The other day my mom was cleaning the drains in the shower and she called me into the bathroom and i wanted to cry because of how much hair she pulled out of the drain. I thought using mane n tail would help my hair not hurt it. I am never using this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2014 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Walko

This was a massive fail for me. It dried out my shoulder length hair ,and my roots are still oily at 57.There is no way I could use this shampoo without a conditioner.It felt so dry and tangly when rinsed out. My hair is fine but quite thick, maybe it's my hair type, I don't know but this didn't work for me.I bought it with the matching conditioner , and after using the conditioner(which is better than the shampoo) it wasn't too bad but still looked dry and dull.As for making the hair grow, no difference, but that's not what I bought it for as I didn't believe that anyway. I just thought this would add a nice healthy shine as my hair is normally quite shiny. But this did the opposite, left it dull and dry. I'm glad this seems to work for so many, unfortunately I'm not one of them. When I stopped using this my hair improved so much. Soft and shiny again, so it hasn't done any long term damage. However, I'm still glad I tried this as it has always intrigued me, just wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Haleigh3

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this shampoo. I'm not sure why people are saying bad things about it; I guess it just didn't work right for them. But I've used this product for about a month now, and I also used it a few years back. When I used it before, my hair grew 5 inches in 6 months! It was amazing :) This time, I haven't noticed much growth yet, but before I started using it again, I had terrible split ends... After just ONE use, my split ends were GONE. This product leaves my hair feeling so clean, shiny, soft, and like I have never dyed it before in my life. I will continue to use this product forever. The price is amazing and I HIGHLY recommend every woman use this product! :) FIVE STARS.❤

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by princessneeks

This shampoo has saved my hair! I started using it in August combined with the conditioner because I had some regrets about cutting my hair last July and I wanted to test it and see if it would actually give me some of my length back. YES IT DID. My hair went from chin-length in August to almost mid-back in less than a year. I switch this out with the Aussie Moist line (shampoo and conditioner, deep conditioner, and leave-in conditioner) so my hair doesn't get used to the Mane n Tail and stop growing. I use the Mane n Tail shampoo and conditioner for three weeks and the Aussie products on the fourth week and I've had AMAZING results. (I only started using Aussie in April so most of my results are from Mane n Tail.) My hair was short, brittle, and weak and now it's thick and full and strong! This stuff even helped grow out some breakage I had and it's truly healing my hair. I love it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No