August 20, 2014 | 1425 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - Almond - AMANDE Concentre De Lait Milk Concentrate Body Cream - Almond Line

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by parapara01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Scent
Texture

Cons:
Packaging

Conclusion:
First things first, I have a love/hate relationship with the jar. Its dangerous, but it definitely screams luxury when compared to other body creams at L'Occitane. The body milk was enough moisture for anytime of the year except the later part of winter when my skin was at its driest. I loved it on its own during warmer times, and when it did start to get colder I mixed half a bottle of the supple skin oil in the jar. The scent is to die for, and the cream leaves an amazing sheen on your skin. I could only imagine how beautiful my skin would look with this after being on a beach! I've gone through two jars so far, and probably will buy another one in the summer... :D

Alternatives:
Nivea Smooth Sensation - Also gave me that same silkiness that this has, but the scent is what has me hooked on the Almond.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by nenaguapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do not think it works as a firming lotion, but nothing else does anyway (this is my humble opinion). I adore it and I am addicted to the smell!!!!!! it's beyond delicious. I agree there are better lotions and creams out there in terms of moisturizing, but you can't beat this scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by nadmer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got a couple of free samples of this from the store, and I have to say it was such a lovely smooth silky body cream with such an amazing scent that the only reason I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 was that I didn't feel I could vouch for long term effects with it only being a sample. Simply divine. The main problem for me is the price, around 36euros here in Spain, and for me body lotion or cream is an area to scrimp on rather than splash out - I prefer to keep the big money for face creams, foundations etc. Still divine though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2009 9:22:00 AM More reviews by miriamb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the scent! It does moisturise really well and leave the skin SILKY smooth. But watever, they should stop advertise ''firming'', what is a firming cream exactly anyway, I've spend SO MUCH money on ''firming'' creams that didn't make ANY true difference that I am wondering... my conclusion is that they are there out to bring out our guilt of not been perfect which lead us to spend$$ in order to make us feel a bit better since we believe that we are actually doing something for (I mean against) it. But at the end, they are like placebo, they don't do much for the firming...! I will keep hiting the gym, eat well and stop spending my money on firming creams! As for this cream, I will buy again (not for the firming though... but the scent and effect!) but in the meantime, I am using it sparingly so it will last me a long time!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by MissHiss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product stands above mainly due to its scent. There is not one person who is not obsessed with the scent. In my opinion this makes a great gift. This is not the best body lotion in the market but I am enjoying it.

My main problem is the packaging. I wish it came with a pump particularly given the size of the jar.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 9:12:00 AM More reviews by AmyDbaby

I really love this product. I love the scent. It is sweet and a bit strong but I just love it. I hate that this company continues to try to sell topical cream to firm and smooth skin when that is simply not possible. I really hate that and really struggled over whether or not to even buy this stuff because I don't want to support any company that continues to perpetuate a myth that if a woman just forks over enough money and is diligent enough she will have smooth firm thighs but the scent got me and I had to have the product. I am weak.

I use the Shower oil and the Supple oil as well. Oh and the scrub. Yes, I love the scent. Agree this is WAY overpriced and they should be ashamed (lost a point for greed!) I bought it on serious sale so I was somehow able to justify the purchase. I have decided not to purchase again. I may still buy the Supple oil but I want this company to stop with this "firming" cream stuff so I have to stop buying. Boo.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 8:47:00 AM More reviews by cleopatrasboudoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have used this product for years. I love using this on mainly my feet and hands before bedtime when I wake up, they are soft and moisturized. It is a dense, rich cream that leaves your skin scented with almond. To me isnt isnt an overpowering scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by werewolfbarmitzvah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, this is probably the most $$$ moisturizer I have ever tried, it is $58 (CND). The scent is absolutely delicious, a delicate creamy almond scent. It also moisturizes very nicely since it is so rich and yet light, you can feel why it is expensive. I didn't really get a tighten and tone effect, but maybe with continuous use you would? The packaging also looks awesome on your countertop. This would make a great gift, as I think anyone would really appreciate this since it is an indulgence. I definitely don't think it feasible for me to buy this on a regular basis since it seems to run out pretty fast with regular use.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2009 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Lapiz

Does not work. And for $39, there is no excuse why a product shouldn't live up to it's name. Claims to tighten skin, improve firmness, and reduce cellulite. HA. Try daily exfoliation with a washcloth (the Japanese secret to cellulite-free skin) and pure almond oil (six times cheaper and ten times as effective) and you'll have saved yourself out of this waste of a purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Kat75

I was skeptical about this product when I bought it. But decided to give it a try. As it turns out, this product really works and it smells great! I've been using this every morning for the past two weeks in conjunction with the Almond Supple Oil (which I use at night) and my skin is at its best in years! My skin is super soft and "supple" (as the name of the oil is called). My legs are no longer scaly. No greasy after feel, this cream is absorbed quickly and leaves your skin hydrated all day. My only complaint is the price. I have the 7 oz. jar and I've only been using it for 2 weeks and it's almost empty. But it really is worth your money. I would definitely recommend this over any other expensive lotions.