April 25, 2014 | 1129 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

One thing that I really do love is that this is an all natural product. I got it from whole foods so I know I can trust that there is nothing bad in there. The smell and consistency of this is great. I even know some people that shave with this. It is very silky and you don't really even need to moisturize after using this. The only problem about this is I got a little bit more blemishes than I normally would.

I absolutely loved the feel and if it weren't from the blemishes and mild acne I would give it a 5/5. I won't buy again because of the breakout but I do recommend if you don't have that problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by hberlin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love sweet almond oil! I only deducted 1 lippie because it can make your eyes red when it migrates there!
You can use this all over. It usually comes in a huge bottle at a reasonable price and it lasts forever. I have tried to use this as a facial moisturizer but found it a bit too oily for that. My advice would be to add a drop or two to your existing moisturizer. I typically transfer it to a smaller container. Once I've done that I use it to remove makeup at night or to remove mascara smudges right after I've applied it. I stick a q-tip in the little container and that's it. Leaves a nice dewy glow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

This has saved my skin from being dried out from some terribly drying facial soap and winter. I use it as a makeup remover as well as a cleanser in the morning. I massage it into my face, then wipe off with a warm wash cloth a couple of times until most of the oil is removed. When I remove makeup, I just do this twice.

Since I've used sweet almond oil, the dullness in my skin is gone and it actually glows. It's even plumper as well. I've been going without makeup since I've done this method. It doesn't aggravate my acne prone skin either. In fact it's the clearest it's been in a long time.

If anyone is interested in my skincare regimen, after I spray on some rosewater as toner, then Green People Oy! Cleanse and moisturise. This has helped my skin a lot. Now my main issue is acne scarring!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 4:40:00 AM More reviews by ajb1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

Just wonderful. I turned 40 fairly recently and it took me a while to notice how dry my skin was getting with regular cleanser, which I'm not sure I'm ever going to go back to. This takes off makeup and dirt, doesn't clog pores (yes, I still have acne at this age) and makes my skin very soft. I've even stopped using Retin-A for the time being because this gives me such a nice glow, and I love that it is natural and not expensive (relatively speaking). It's hard to find a good container, though; the oil can spurt out unexpectedly and stain things to be careful. I use with cotton pads like Swisspers and using on both sides of one usually does the trick to both remove makeup and moisturize, or as a quick refresher in the morning to smooth down any flakes before tinted moisturizer. Great for smoothing hair and cuticles in a pinch too.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by cate1858

I've tried many other oils for the oil cleansing method (coconut, olive, grapeseed, hemp, apricot kernel) and I feel like I have finally found the right one for my skin. I have very dry, sensitive skin and my face is always red. I never had any acne problems but recently I started breaking out around my mouth. I decided to try the OCM one more time with this oil and I mixed it with a tiny bit of tea tree oil and it is SO LOVELY! My zits are going down and my face feels calm for the first time in a while. I only use the oil to wash my face and then I use a moisturizer with shea butter in it afterwards but I'm hoping to be able to just use the oil after a couple of weeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

Ive been using almond oil as a MU remover for a few weeks. Completely removes all long wearing foundation and stubborn eye makeup. I massage my face with it, then wipe with a warm white washcloth. My makeup ends up on the cloth and not on my face. Then I apply my nighttime moisturizer and eye cream. In the summer, my t-zone gets a little oiler so I might end up using Cetaphil afterwards, but only if necessary. It's also a great body moisturizer and I love the sweet almond smell. I will repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by zowye2002

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this oil for about a year as a make-up remover, specially now for removing my bb cream which can be a pain in the behind to get it out of my skin. I have notice how the so called white bumps in my under-eye area have began to disappear with the continuous use to the point of no longer having them. I had tried using other eye creams and is certain that I will develop millia seeds in my undereye area. Apart from that the few lines that I have around the eye are fairly noticeable. In addition whenever I am wearing it underneath my eye make-up I have notice that it makes my eye look brighter. But this is after it has "dry on to my skin"as in sink in it!

As for make-up remover is the best! You massage gently the face with the sweet almond oil then proceed to remove the oil with baby wipes.Voilá! No need to moisturizer or even tone the face unless you proceed with your regular cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I so very much love using oils in my skincare regime. This review will be for Aura Cacia Sweet Almond Oil.
I use it in a variety of ways, on my face, on my body and in my hair. The key is the amount that I use or it will become too greasy. Some reviewers will say that the bottle squirts out a set amount and that you can't control it. That's absolutely correct. All you have to do is unscrew the top (easy enough) and pour out the amount you need or take out the amount you need with an eyedropper. That's how you can monitor how much instead of using the squirt method and wasting too much.
I like to use a few drops on my face for extraordinary hydration at night a few times a week. I alternate this with other oils or treatments I use at bedtime. Again, the key is to use it sparingly as it is very greasy feeling, but the results when you awaken are well worth it. My facial skin is smooth, soft, hydrated and evenly toned in the morning with a dewy glow.
After my shower, but not in the bathtub because I found it can leave a residue in the tub and I don't like the slippery mess left behind, I slather it on my body. In the wintertime, I have absolutely no dryness on my skin. Since I have been using Sweet Almond Oil instead of labeled moisturizers, my body has been exceedingly soft without any hint of dryness or wintertime itchiness. It lasts the entire day, too. I appreciate that.
If there's any left on my hands, I rub them through my hair, whether it's wet or dry, avoiding the roots. It leaves a nice sheen and smooths it.
I first started to use Sweet Almond Oil when I was using Philosophy's when hope is not enough omega 3-6-9 replenishing oil. I noticed that Sweet Almond Oil was the second ingredient so I figured I would try it alone and compare out of curiosity.
Thus began my foray into the land of oils and my new love affair. Obviously it's heavier in composition than the omega 3-6-9, but I find it's much better when I mix my own little concoction. I've mixed together Vitamin E, Primrose Oil, Jojoba Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, and even added Vitamins A and C. Just keep the mixture in a dark bottle out of light so the composition doesn't break down and it stays fresher. You can do your own research and make your own fresh daily serums that are cheaper and better for your face than anything you can find at the local drugstore, department store counter or local cosmetic store, imo.
If you find it's too greasy, cut back on how much you're applying. It might not be good for your face, but be better for your body or your hair. Just try it on different areas of your body/hair. Not all oils work for everyone in the same way just as not all skincare products work the same way on everyone's skin. We all have different concerns and issues so obviously one oil cannot address everyone's needs. But as far as I'm concerned, it's a little bottle of miracles to me.
I'll always have a bottle of the certified natural Sweet Almond Oil in my cabinet handy.

28 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by foxieq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'll be documenting my almond oil usage here.

My skin: normal, not much problem with visible pores except for my nose. Normal/combo skin, oily t-zone and cheeks get dry if I don't moisturizer or a while. The only place I get bad pimples and whiteheads is my upper lip. They occasionally pop up on my chin and lower forehead. They're not small pimples but not large either. I also get small bumps (don't even know if they're pimples) on my forehead but they're manageable and not noticeable so I don't really count them. In conclusion, skin with some blemishes but nothing horrible. Never had to wear foundation until some of them started scarring (just marks, not indentations).

I started using jojoba oil as a morning and night cleanser. I used to use normal drugstore scrubs and cleansers, and not particularly diligently. I've been very diligent with jojoba for about two months and it wasn't a miracle product for me, but it definitely helped regulate the oil around my T zone. Still occasional pimples, but no big hulking whiteheads that I used to deal with.

With jojoba, I was looking for that purge moment! I know it sounds weird, but I wanted my skin to get inflamed so I'd know that I was just purging and it'd be over soon and I'd be on my way to beautiful, clear skin...

I'm hoping that's what's happening right now. I've been using half jojoba, half almond oil in my routine for about a week now. I skipped one night of the routine and am hoping that the three whiteheads that popped up on my upper lip and chin are not a result of that, but of purging.

I'll be updating my OCM routine here.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by northerngal100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is the worst but also good. The worst for my skin, and good for my hair....

I used it on my skin for three weeks. For the first two weeks my skin looked better than it ever had, not a single dry pot, glowy, lovely, THEN on week three, my skin and broke out like I never have before in my entire life. I usually have one small pimple a week (maybe) and usually just before my period. But this gave me blocked pores all over. I had probably 100 blocked pores. All over my forehead even, and I haven't had a single spot there since I was 13 probably. I needed to go to the doctor to get antibiotics for the mess this stuff created. Since it was the only thing I changed, I can say with certainty this is what caused it. Three weeks and two prescriptions later, my face is getting back to normal and most of the blockages have been painstakingly removed. Though now I am struggling with dealing with marks. It ruined my life for weeks and continues to plague me! I strongly advise anyone who has a tendency to breakout not to use sweet almond oil. I have used evening primrose with success and I recommend it - but I just had to try something new.....You have been warned.

Knowing it didn't agree with my skin, I started using it on my hair about 30 minutes before I shower. It has been great for dealing with winter split ends. Highly recommended. I probably won't buy it again, but it does as good as a job as any expensive hair mask.