August 21, 2014 | 2094 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 4:26:00 AM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased sweet almond oil to remove makeup and to add to my moisturizer for extra hydration during winter. It was fantastic for both. I used to remove my makeup using those makeup remover wipes from the supermarket, but noticed they were drying out my skin leaving dry patches that even exfoliation wasn't removing, and they were relatively expensive. So what I do now, in the evening, is apply the oil to my face then get a warm face cloth and remove the makeup with it...After this I cleanse with my salcylic acid acne wash. This has not caused me any more breakouts and my skin no longer has dry patches.
Sweet almond oil is also great to add drops to your own moisturizer to give it a hydration boost. It absorbs readily and is light in texture.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by shutterbug07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use virgin sweet almond oil as a deep conditioner. It has a pleasant, light nutty scent and is inexpensive.

Apply half a capful to the middle and ends of wet hair at the beginning of your shower, if you have a shower cap, put it on to lock in the steam, wash out oil using regular shampoo and conditioning treatment at the end. Be careful not to use too much as it will be more difficult to wash out and may leave you with an excessively oily mane. Use twice a week or as needed.

The end result is silkier, glossier hair with healthier ends.

*If you have oily or fine hair, you may need to use less product or reserve use for the drier months.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by gingery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm afraid this didn't work for me. I initially bought it to use to lighten my under eye circles since some of the reviews mentioned they found it effective for this. I also used it all over my face.

I'm not acne-prone nor do I react badly to products but this caused odd pimples ON my lash line. Very strange. They weren't that obvious and went away quite quickly so I thought it might be a coincidence, but they kept coming back so I know it's this product as I haven't tried anything else new.

It didn't cause breakouts anywhere else, but I also didn't notice any improvement to the rest of my face, so I'll probably just mix it with my body lotion to use it up.

Others seemed to have had success with the product, so my recommendation would be to try it, but not before any important event etc.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by tiffanydewdrop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is brilliant stuff- to think i used to spend a fortune on la mer then i tried using this as a moisturiser - had been using it on my body very happily for years but then put it on my face as well - was a little bit nervous to start with but my dry sensitive skin loves it - no breakouts and sensitivity reduced. i just rub a small amount in and the blot off the excess with a tissue and it's great - highly recommended.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by SNS94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE THIS! This has saved and healed my skin from 2 years of hell in 3 weeks!

BACKGROUND:
My skin was terrible: severe acne (the pustule kind), dull, hard to the touch. Even makeup wouldn't look good. I tried over 20 products for my skin, numerous different skin care methods and nothing worked.

I used to use SAO in my early teens and had flawless skin back then. Soft, glowing, smooth and clean in addition to having no clogged pores. My skin issues started in my late teens as I decided to experiment with expensive 'miracle' products and skin regimes.

I should've paid more attention to these wise words: 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'

MY SKIN AFTER USING SAO:
I use SAO as a facial moisturiser. I have been using this for 3 weeks now and my skin has gone back to looking like it used to in my early teens. I have hyper-pigmentation marks from the acne but they're in the process of fading with the help of SAO and aren't much of a problem now.

SAO had made my skin literally glow - if I use a little foundation my skin looks airbrushed (sorry to brag but this is how amazing this stuff is!).

It's also made my skin soft to the touch and has unclogged my pores. When I massage the oil in, I get sebum plugs on my fingers from all the pore unclogging. So my skin is also truly clean pore-wise - it does more than any exfoliating wash could do.

My skin tone has evened out - so I don't need to wear as much foundation as I had to. I still wear a bit of foundation to cover up the hyper-pigmentation marks otherwise I could go without.

The biggest plus though is that it GETS RID OF ACNE. I don't know what's in this oil exactly, but it actually reduced the size of my acne overnight and softens them to the extent that they pop on their own. Same with blackheads. This is good because you don't have to squeeze them yourself and run the risk of scarring. If they go on their own, the wound also heals quicker.

HOW TO USE SAO
I use it as a facial moisturiser so if you're planning to do that too, I'd advise massaging it in for 2 minutes before bed. This increases blood circulation in your face and is provides a better foundation for absorption. It also help increase your skin glow and keeps your skin firm. You'll really start to see the effect after about a week.

If you can, give this a try! You have nothing to lose, especially if, like me, you tried loads of other products!

Having said that though, everyone's skin is different and so your skin may not like SAO. Going by the majority on here though, most love it. Good luck!

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

WOW! All I can say is that this is such a wonderful product, and can be used in so many ways. I use it as a facial moisturizer, a hair serum, hair mask, and makeup remover. Wonderful at everything! Overall this is a product that is worth a try and it will not cost you an arm and a leg to get the awesome results!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by ohudsono

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this to shave with and as a moisturizer. This gives me a smooth shave with no razor burn. My sensitive skin loves it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

One thing that I really do love is that this is an all natural product. I got it from whole foods so I know I can trust that there is nothing bad in there. The smell and consistency of this is great. I even know some people that shave with this. It is very silky and you don't really even need to moisturize after using this. The only problem about this is I got a little bit more blemishes than I normally would.

I absolutely loved the feel and if it weren't from the blemishes and mild acne I would give it a 5/5. I won't buy again because of the breakout but I do recommend if you don't have that problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by hberlin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love sweet almond oil! I only deducted 1 lippie because it can make your eyes red when it migrates there!
You can use this all over. It usually comes in a huge bottle at a reasonable price and it lasts forever. I have tried to use this as a facial moisturizer but found it a bit too oily for that. My advice would be to add a drop or two to your existing moisturizer. I typically transfer it to a smaller container. Once I've done that I use it to remove makeup at night or to remove mascara smudges right after I've applied it. I stick a q-tip in the little container and that's it. Leaves a nice dewy glow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

This has saved my skin from being dried out from some terribly drying facial soap and winter. I use it as a makeup remover as well as a cleanser in the morning. I massage it into my face, then wipe off with a warm wash cloth a couple of times until most of the oil is removed. When I remove makeup, I just do this twice.

Since I've used sweet almond oil, the dullness in my skin is gone and it actually glows. It's even plumper as well. I've been going without makeup since I've done this method. It doesn't aggravate my acne prone skin either. In fact it's the clearest it's been in a long time.

If anyone is interested in my skincare regimen, after I spray on some rosewater as toner, then Green People Oy! Cleanse and moisturise. This has helped my skin a lot. Now my main issue is acne scarring!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No