December 19, 2014 | 1524 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by carla906

so i bought the sweet almond oil from wholes food, and i was afraid at first to try it on my skin and face because it was in the cooking section, but then i read in the label and said it great for skin care so i tried it. i absolutely love it!!!!. i love it more that castor oil. it honestly replaced like 5 products that i used on a daily basis. hair shine serum, lotion, makeuo remover, face moisturizer and face cleanser. Ive notice it has clear up my skin from all my dark acne spots and makes it soft too. the only thing i haven't notice is clearing my dark circles but besides that its grade highly recommend everyone!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by glitterandsparkles42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I use this as an overnight hair mask and I also use it on my face overnight, it makes my face really soft and skin tone even. It gives my hair a shine and feels really soft too. It also helps to mend damaged hair. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am using cold pressed SAO from Julia Lawless, bought in an organic food store in Edinburgh and I absolutely love it. I use it with an essential oil (1 drop) like Lavender or Rosemary as a carrier oil for my face, neck and bust area. I have not tried it on my hair yet (I am using coconut oil there, which was not so good for my face - caused clogging and pimples especially when used in OCM) but that is my weekend plan. I know, other ppl go partying, I sit at home with warmed up oil in my hair ;)

On the face however this oil is very pleasant - mine does not seem to have any smell, it is very liquid and sinks in fast (15-20 mins max, I am using about 8-10 drops on my face), making my a bit dehydrated skin comfortable.

It is also excellent on cuticles, I have decanted a bit of it into a smaller bottle and I am keeping it by my bed. Again, I've had impression that coconut oil was drying my skin while with this one, skin is supple and hydrated, cuticles are in excellent condition.

I am not giving it 5 stars as it is mainly a simple hydrator for me, does not have any anti ageing technology behind it and I am not sure if it would be good on its own as an anti-ageing product for my 35 yo skin. I might need some peptides or retinol soon.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by FelisCatus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The only thing that can remove "Kesha amount of glitter" from my eyes after clubbing. I gave it 4 overall rating just because I found coconut oil a bit more multi purpuse.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this as a body moisturizer, under-eye moisturizer, and makeup remover with great success.

I've found sweet almond oil absorbs into the skin on my body quicker and more completely than any other oil I've tried, including coconut oil (which caused tiny bumps after a few weeks), olive oil (never truly absorbed), grapeseed oil (dried me out), sesame oil (never absorbed), and wheat germ oil (caused contact dermatitis).

Under my eyes sweet almond oil is my favorite oil because it really does disappear into the skin. It also functions as a waterproof makeup remover, and doesn't cause clogged pores. I used wheat germ oil under my eyes and it caused contact dermatitis. I switched back to sweet almond oil and it cleared up. I also use olive oil for makeup removal but I prefer sweet almond oil as I can leave it on my skin without it staying greasy or clogging pores.

As an unexpected benefit, I have noticed that using sweet almond oil caused some scars on my skin to rapidly fade. Older scars that were still quite purple have now lightened to pink and appear to be healing and fading rapidly. The oldest scars are simply fading with sweet almond oil, but some of the newer scars (or spots that are still healing) have turned from purple to pink and are healing again, and look like they may disappear completely.

If you want to try using oils on your skin but haven't had success, try sweet almond oil. It's thin, light, and absorbs into the skin without breaking me out or feeling greasy. Sweet almond oil might also help with the appearance of scars, I suspect it's the Vitamin E it contains.

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by fazli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I will separate this into to sections:

HAIR (I put it overnight or for 48 hours onto my scalp, wash my hair and not put any conditioner later)
pro: much less hair falling both while washing and throughout the day; hair smooth, shiny, no oily look
con: lacks volume, causes me some acne on scalp :-o

FACE
pro: does not cause acne,
con: does not help with the current acne, need extra moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 4:26:00 AM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased sweet almond oil to remove makeup and to add to my moisturizer for extra hydration during winter. It was fantastic for both. I used to remove my makeup using those makeup remover wipes from the supermarket, but noticed they were drying out my skin leaving dry patches that even exfoliation wasn't removing, and they were relatively expensive. So what I do now, in the evening, is apply the oil to my face then get a warm face cloth and remove the makeup with it...After this I cleanse with my salcylic acid acne wash. This has not caused me any more breakouts and my skin no longer has dry patches.
Sweet almond oil is also great to add drops to your own moisturizer to give it a hydration boost. It absorbs readily and is light in texture.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by shutterbug07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use virgin sweet almond oil as a deep conditioner. It has a pleasant, light nutty scent and is inexpensive.

Apply half a capful to the middle and ends of wet hair at the beginning of your shower, if you have a shower cap, put it on to lock in the steam, wash out oil using regular shampoo and conditioning treatment at the end. Be careful not to use too much as it will be more difficult to wash out and may leave you with an excessively oily mane. Use twice a week or as needed.

The end result is silkier, glossier hair with healthier ends.

*If you have oily or fine hair, you may need to use less product or reserve use for the drier months.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by gingery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm afraid this didn't work for me. I initially bought it to use to lighten my under eye circles since some of the reviews mentioned they found it effective for this. I also used it all over my face.

I'm not acne-prone nor do I react badly to products but this caused odd pimples ON my lash line. Very strange. They weren't that obvious and went away quite quickly so I thought it might be a coincidence, but they kept coming back so I know it's this product as I haven't tried anything else new.

It didn't cause breakouts anywhere else, but I also didn't notice any improvement to the rest of my face, so I'll probably just mix it with my body lotion to use it up.

Others seemed to have had success with the product, so my recommendation would be to try it, but not before any important event etc.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by tiffanydewdrop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is brilliant stuff- to think i used to spend a fortune on la mer then i tried using this as a moisturiser - had been using it on my body very happily for years but then put it on my face as well - was a little bit nervous to start with but my dry sensitive skin loves it - no breakouts and sensitivity reduced. i just rub a small amount in and the blot off the excess with a tissue and it's great - highly recommended.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No