August 1, 2014 | 1830 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by tiffanydewdrop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is brilliant stuff- to think i used to spend a fortune on la mer then i tried using this as a moisturiser - had been using it on my body very happily for years but then put it on my face as well - was a little bit nervous to start with but my dry sensitive skin loves it - no breakouts and sensitivity reduced. i just rub a small amount in and the blot off the excess with a tissue and it's great - highly recommended.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by SNS94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE THIS! This has saved and healed my skin from 2 years of hell in 3 weeks!

BACKGROUND:
My skin was terrible: severe acne (the pustule kind), dull, hard to the touch. Even makeup wouldn't look good. I tried over 20 products for my skin, numerous different skin care methods and nothing worked.

I used to use SAO in my early teens and had flawless skin back then. Soft, glowing, smooth and clean in addition to having no clogged pores. My skin issues started in my late teens as I decided to experiment with expensive 'miracle' products and skin regimes.

I should've paid more attention to these wise words: 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'

MY SKIN AFTER USING SAO:
I use SAO as a facial moisturiser. I have been using this for 3 weeks now and my skin has gone back to looking like it used to in my early teens. I have hyper-pigmentation marks from the acne but they're in the process of fading with the help of SAO and aren't much of a problem now.

SAO had made my skin literally glow - if I use a little foundation my skin looks airbrushed (sorry to brag but this is how amazing this stuff is!).

It's also made my skin soft to the touch and has unclogged my pores. When I massage the oil in, I get sebum plugs on my fingers from all the pore unclogging. So my skin is also truly clean pore-wise - it does more than any exfoliating wash could do.

My skin tone has evened out - so I don't need to wear as much foundation as I had to. I still wear a bit of foundation to cover up the hyper-pigmentation marks otherwise I could go without.

The biggest plus though is that it GETS RID OF ACNE. I don't know what's in this oil exactly, but it actually reduced the size of my acne overnight and softens them to the extent that they pop on their own. Same with blackheads. This is good because you don't have to squeeze them yourself and run the risk of scarring. If they go on their own, the wound also heals quicker.

HOW TO USE SAO
I use it as a facial moisturiser so if you're planning to do that too, I'd advise massaging it in for 2 minutes before bed. This increases blood circulation in your face and is provides a better foundation for absorption. It also help increase your skin glow and keeps your skin firm. You'll really start to see the effect after about a week.

If you can, give this a try! You have nothing to lose, especially if, like me, you tried loads of other products!

Having said that though, everyone's skin is different and so your skin may not like SAO. Going by the majority on here though, most love it. Good luck!

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

WOW! All I can say is that this is such a wonderful product, and can be used in so many ways. I use it as a facial moisturizer, a hair serum, hair mask, and makeup remover. Wonderful at everything! Overall this is a product that is worth a try and it will not cost you an arm and a leg to get the awesome results!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by ohudsono

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this to shave with and as a moisturizer. This gives me a smooth shave with no razor burn. My sensitive skin loves it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

One thing that I really do love is that this is an all natural product. I got it from whole foods so I know I can trust that there is nothing bad in there. The smell and consistency of this is great. I even know some people that shave with this. It is very silky and you don't really even need to moisturize after using this. The only problem about this is I got a little bit more blemishes than I normally would.

I absolutely loved the feel and if it weren't from the blemishes and mild acne I would give it a 5/5. I won't buy again because of the breakout but I do recommend if you don't have that problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by hberlin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love sweet almond oil! I only deducted 1 lippie because it can make your eyes red when it migrates there!
You can use this all over. It usually comes in a huge bottle at a reasonable price and it lasts forever. I have tried to use this as a facial moisturizer but found it a bit too oily for that. My advice would be to add a drop or two to your existing moisturizer. I typically transfer it to a smaller container. Once I've done that I use it to remove makeup at night or to remove mascara smudges right after I've applied it. I stick a q-tip in the little container and that's it. Leaves a nice dewy glow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

This has saved my skin from being dried out from some terribly drying facial soap and winter. I use it as a makeup remover as well as a cleanser in the morning. I massage it into my face, then wipe off with a warm wash cloth a couple of times until most of the oil is removed. When I remove makeup, I just do this twice.

Since I've used sweet almond oil, the dullness in my skin is gone and it actually glows. It's even plumper as well. I've been going without makeup since I've done this method. It doesn't aggravate my acne prone skin either. In fact it's the clearest it's been in a long time.

If anyone is interested in my skincare regimen, after I spray on some rosewater as toner, then Green People Oy! Cleanse and moisturise. This has helped my skin a lot. Now my main issue is acne scarring!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 4:40:00 AM More reviews by ajb1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

Just wonderful. I turned 40 fairly recently and it took me a while to notice how dry my skin was getting with regular cleanser, which I'm not sure I'm ever going to go back to. This takes off makeup and dirt, doesn't clog pores (yes, I still have acne at this age) and makes my skin very soft. I've even stopped using Retin-A for the time being because this gives me such a nice glow, and I love that it is natural and not expensive (relatively speaking). It's hard to find a good container, though; the oil can spurt out unexpectedly and stain things to be careful. I use with cotton pads like Swisspers and using on both sides of one usually does the trick to both remove makeup and moisturize, or as a quick refresher in the morning to smooth down any flakes before tinted moisturizer. Great for smoothing hair and cuticles in a pinch too.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by cate1858

I've tried many other oils for the oil cleansing method (coconut, olive, grapeseed, hemp, apricot kernel) and I feel like I have finally found the right one for my skin. I have very dry, sensitive skin and my face is always red. I never had any acne problems but recently I started breaking out around my mouth. I decided to try the OCM one more time with this oil and I mixed it with a tiny bit of tea tree oil and it is SO LOVELY! My zits are going down and my face feels calm for the first time in a while. I only use the oil to wash my face and then I use a moisturizer with shea butter in it afterwards but I'm hoping to be able to just use the oil after a couple of weeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

Ive been using almond oil as a MU remover for a few weeks. Completely removes all long wearing foundation and stubborn eye makeup. I massage my face with it, then wipe with a warm white washcloth. My makeup ends up on the cloth and not on my face. Then I apply my nighttime moisturizer and eye cream. In the summer, my t-zone gets a little oiler so I might end up using Cetaphil afterwards, but only if necessary. It's also a great body moisturizer and I love the sweet almond smell. I will repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No