April 20, 2014 | 1745 users online

Treatments - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Tea Tree Oil

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Mystyre

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm beginning to wonder if there's some kind of limit on how many miracle products one can discover. I am very happy with my Spectro Derm, Spectro Hydracare and FOTE aloe vera gel, but I always find myself trying new products in search of the next holy grail. I think I've found mine and karma has deemed that anything else will fail to work for me.
I bought the tea tree oil for use on non-inflamed acne and blackheads. I was determined to stick it out and wait for at least a month to see results, but I just couldn't do that to my skin. First off, the tto smells HORRIBLE. I thought witch hazel was bad; at least that fades! I was smelling tto throughout the day. Secondly, it made my existing pimples worse. I tried it as a spot treatment one night and woke up to a bigger zit! Finally, it left me looking horribly greasy and disgusting. When I washed my face at the end of the day I was appalled at how slimy my face felt and how shiny it was; I can't imagine how bad it would have been if I had been wearing foundation!
All in all, tea tree oil was a waste of time and money for me. It is one of the few products that I have just thrown out, rather than try to find another use for. I do not recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 3:07:00 AM More reviews by saraevamaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So much better for my sensitive skin than topicals from derms, some of which cleared blemishes and all of which made my face look even worse with redness and irritation. I put a bit on a cotton swab and apply directly to blemishes. In my case it doesn't make zits go away *quite* as fast as some harsher treatments, but the health of the skin and overall result is far superior. Give it a chance to do it's thing! I've used several different brands, but happen to be using Jason right now and don't notice this one (or any others) to be better or worse than others - I think it's the pure essential oil itself rather than a specific brand. I will say that I don't love the smell, but it's a very small price to pay for the overall benefits. Oh, and this bottle is lasting a long time despite 2x/dy application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 2:54:00 AM More reviews by LeeleeBell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My skin is SO sensitive...and when I get blemishes/pimples they tend to stay for a LONG time. Any acne products burn and irritate my skin and dry it out excessively, so I've given up on "spot"/blemish creams altogether. On a makeup board a couple of weeks back, someone recommended this for me. I was skeptical because of past experiences with "natural"/organic cosmetic products. But I decided to give this a try.....While my blemishes did not completely disappear, they did dry up and get A LOT smaller, overnight....without irritating my skin. It's not the best scent ever, but since it works, I can deal with that lol. My only real gripe is that it's tough to get out of the bottle...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A friend recommended tea tree oil to me, because I was suffering from break-outs. Little did I know all the other things that it can also be used for. This stuff is amazing! $11.99 for a 1 oz. bottle isn't bad at all. It should last me about 2 months or so, using it daily.
I have had an industrial piercing for a year and a half, and nothing I put on it would make it heal. It got infected over, and over - until I started putting this tea tree oil on it. Instant cure!
It has also helped clear up my skin a lot. I put a few drops on my zits and let it sit for a minute, and then I apply my moisturizer and it spreads the oil around my whole face.

I will definitely keep using and buying this! =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the smell of this stuff...smells like a forest or something. Anyway, a little bit goes a long way. I mix this stuff with my moisturizer and apply it to my face every evening before bed. The result is a fresh complexion each morning. Helps moisturize the skin and get rid of acne. Jason's products are a God-send.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I always have a bottle of tea tree oil around the house and try to find the biggest possible size available when I go to the store. It's a great multi-use product. I sometimes mix it with facial masks if my skin is a bit congested, I mix a few drops with my normal shampoo if my scalp is flaky or itchy (clears it right up) and it's wonderful for insect bites. The MAIN reason I always have this on hand is that it works GREAT as a natural flea and tick repellent for my two dogs. I drop a little into my palm, sometimes add a tiny bit of lemon juice, and rub it right into their coats. It also works as a natural antiseptic and eases any sore spots if they've had some fleas. Try it! =)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by OutOfLine

Im reviewing all tea tree oild in general, because the one I am using is not listed on here.
WOW! This stuff is gods gift to us acne prone ladies.
I have been using it for a month and it cleared up A LOT of my acne.
Which mostly consists or clogged pores, blackheads and the bumps underneath the surfae of my skin waiting to turn into a juicy red zit.
___________________________________________________________
I add a few drops of it into my acne treatment cream and rub it all over my skin.
Combined with the hydrogen peroxide i add into my cleanser (read my review) this product seems to give me more radiant clearer skin.
Not to mention the stuff you get from your local grocery store (as long as its 100% pure tea tree oil) is super cheap and more effectve than any treatment I've ever used!
___________________________________________________________
I recomend this to anybody with acne or who is acne prone or oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2008 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Extrapolate73sp

Tea tree oil, according to Jason, is "a first aid kit in a bottle." I couldn't agree more! Whenever I get cuts or scrapes, or even pimples, I dab a bit on. It's a natural antibacterial and anti-fungal treatment. With a few drops, it also becomes part of a oil-cleansing facial, which helps to clear my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2008 6:10:00 PM More reviews by hedgehog2484

Tea tree oil is one of the most effective spot treatments I have tried. This works especially well for those pesky hormonal cysts. It may take a couple days for the swelling to disappear, but it definitely works. I use this straight and sometimes this will leave some flakiness, but I would rather have a dry spot than a sore swollen one. I haven't noticed as much prevention and I think this is a bit strong to use all over undiluted, but I plan to try it diluted at some point. This bottle may seem a bit pricy upfront but it is actually really cheap because it lasts for a long time. The smell is strong, of course, but I don't mind it. I will definitely repurchase and wish I had tried this sooner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2008 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Misterio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What drew me to tea tree oil was its antiseptic properties. Benzoyl peroxide gets rid of acne causing bacteria by oxidizing the skin, while tea tree oil is just antiseptic. I wanted to use Benzoyl at first, but, being an oxide, it will age your face faster, and can potentially increase your risk for skin cancer by damaging dna by means of free radicals. I think tea tree oil is a great alternative. I like how Jason's forces the oil to come out in drops, and for how much it costs, you get a lot out of this bottle. I made a 7% conc. of TTO by adding 97% Jojoba oil, and by means of a cotton pad, I sweep it over my entire face before I go to sleep, but not in the morning. Great Combo! I stopped breaking out, and my skin looks better than ever. I have only been using this for about a week, so I will update if something really off happens. But if you want a less damaging alternative to Benzoyl, I suggest TTO above a 5% conc, but not above a 10% conc. I have extremely sensitive skin, and a 7% doesn't sting at all. And as for the smell reputation, suck it up! It does NOT smell that bad, and its worth it, believe me.