Extra Virgin Olive Oil

EVOO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil

on 11/5/2014 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love EVOO!
I have very sensitive skin and over the years i have tried everything for my face,from cononut oil(can only tolerate this oil under my eyes and body) to almond oil,creams.All irritated my facial skin.I began using this combination with olive oil when i had very bad eczema on my eyelids from an eyecream.Within an hour the burning feeling went away and the next day skin was healing.From then on i began using it on my whole face.For me that was the first time i applied something on my face without giving me a burning feeling!!This is the only oil that doesn't irritate and makes my skin beautiful,strong and moisturized.But as with all oils,for me, the application is key.On my face i'll never use an oil on his own,i always mix it with some other oil,or honey.This is my ultimate combination,i mix about 3 drops of organic honey,3 drops of vitamin e oil(from a capsule) and a splash of organic olive oil(sometimes more or less,it's not that important,just don't slather it on,just a thin layer) and press it carefully on wet skin and under my eyes and follow with organic sunscreen(Lovea Bio).My under eye skin is wrinkle free.For the first time since my 30's my skin feels healthy and plump,without irritation and all thanks to a cheap treatment and without any harsch chemicals
l must pat the oil always on a wet face.On a dry face it will irritate my skin and i use always a small amount at a time.I never slather it on!

on 10/25/2014 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

LOVE EVOO. I buy the empty bottles that have the pop up tops like dawn dish soap at Riteaid and fill them with 3/4 water and 1/4 EVOO, shake it up and then squirt it on a cotton pad as makeup remover. It melts waterproof makeup right off and is so gentle, plus for someone like me who tends to get flaky, dry skin around her eyes year round it is a great moisturizer. I mix it with water as when shaken up it allows the EVOO to distrubute more evenly on the cotton pad plus the PH of water is better for your skin as it is similar. I recommend it to everyone, even my friend who works at a haunted house and has to use a ton of greasy, pan makeup on his face swears by this as a makeup remover now.

I also use EVOO on a damped wedge makeup sponge in the winter about 15 minutes before makeup on any dry parts of my face. I get flaky, tight skin in the winter as I live in a cold region that has brutal winters that mandate lots of moisture sucking heating. EVOO is the only thing I can use on my ultra sensitive skin that doesn't break me out with rashes and redness (even "baby moisturizers" can make me get nasty, bumpy red rashes).

on 10/13/2014 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

EVOO works great on hair but not my skin. It helped control oil for a day and then my skin just go so dry afterwards cuz it thought it produced enough oil due to the evoo.

on 10/10/2014 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is great for very very dry patches on your face! Let me start on how my oily skin has got so dry! I have been using my benzoyl peroxide very often and applying a lot each application, as you can see - a disaster waiting to happen! (Please don't let this stop you getting benzoyl peroxide!) Then one day I woke up with a very dry, flaky face. Every time I applied something moisturizing (I use my HG oil control day cream) but that wasn't moisturizing enough and it was burning, (my face was already burning!) I found some Clarins, Kyoku, Clinique, and Chanel moisturizer samples which were burning me more ! I was desperate for it to go ASAP! I tried to use aloe Vera and it just made my face feel tight, burn and didn't help except soothe the area... Then I came across EVOO. I was hesitant about breaking out but that wasn't my main priority. I applied about a tablespoon to the affected area and dry flaky parts on my face. After application, I immediately felt the burning stop, soothed, and moisturized. I went to sleep after and when I woke up, my face was much less irritated, less red, no burning and was much more moisturized overall! I think this is amazing for this sort of thing! Don't be afraid to use it if you have oily skin, I've used it and I haven't had a break out yet! So if this has happened to you, use EVOO immediately! Thank you EVOO!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This made me break out, I definitely don't suggest it to anyone with oily or acne prone skin. Also feels gross.

on 9/19/2014 3:15:00 PM

I am acne-prone, struggled with persistent mild, sometimes moderate in places acne for nearly a decade now. My skin now that I'm 29 has become dry in parts (eyes), but remains oily in others. I typically break out on my cheeks, chin/jaw, and forehead. While trying to decide what product to try next (there have been a lot), I tried using EVOO (legit California) as my sole makeup remover and moisturizer, with some bizarre logic that it would work and heal my skin due to my significant mediterranean heritage. Well, it did. I warm it up between my fingers and rub to take off makeup, then use a hot (not too hot) washcloth to wipe off the oil and dissolved makeup. A couple of rinse and repeats with the wet cloth, then use a little oil to moisturize trouble spots. My skin is not breaking out and is looking much healthier. I'm hoping I don't break out a few weeks from now.

on 9/12/2014 5:05:00 PM

Love this to take off eye makeup. Better than a lot of eye makeup removers brand I've used.

on 9/12/2014 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

A must have for my skin now! I tried Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Coconut Oil but nothing makes my skin feel the way a Extra Virgin Olive Oil does! I use it whilst still damp and it sinks into the skin and doesn't leave the greasy and my skin is getting even and no more dry patches. (knees, elbows etc)

on 9/10/2014 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

My skin oily skin HATES oils.
This was no exception.

on 8/21/2014 2:58:00 PM

Im reviewing the kirkland brand EVOO and love it! I use it to remove waterproof mascara and it literally just melts off. Best waterproof makeup remover I've ever used! Just pour a tiny bit on your fingers and gently rub around the eye area then follow up with a cleanser to remove the rest of the oil. This also does an amazing job at removing foundation and BB cream. The kirkland EVOO is also rated as one of the few to pass the extra virgin purity test. you can read more about it here: http://www.crunchybetty.com/when-your-extra-virgin-olive-oil-isnt-so-wholesome

Video Reviews & Tutorials