October 22, 2014 | 1798 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by daty

Olive oil is an amazing natural and affordable solution with multiple uses and benefits. From clearing up acne to smoothing out wrinkles. It's an affordable solution for beautiful skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I mixed a teaspoon of this with sugar to exfoliate and soften my face and it's just amazing. I massaged this on my skin for 30 seconds and then rinsed it off and washed my face with natural soap to get rid of the oily sticky feeling on my face. I was left with a super soft, glowy, healthy looking face afterwards. My oily, acne prone skin has not reacted negatively with this new skin regime at all. I love how my face is so smooth and makeup looks so different on the surface of my skin. Definitely amazing. No wonder many actresses from the 50's used this as their holy grail skin treatment.
Cons: I've used this for the ends of my thick, coarse hair to help soften it, and even after washing it off with shampoo a couple of times, my hair felt super sticky and brittle. Also, when using this on your skin MAKE SURE to use a good soap to wash it off, unless you want to make virgin oil your own personal cologne. The smell can be uncomfortable if you're not used to it, like me. And it's durable. Also, try to reduce the use of virgin oil to an occasional beauty treatment: Olive oil tends to be comedogenic, tends to trap bacteria and sebum in pores, worsening and provoking zits in the long run. If you use this for your eyes, take in consideration it can cause some serious milia! To sum it all up: don't make this an every day moisturizer! Good luck.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Lorel1

Wow, this burned my eyes while using it to remove eye makeup. Will give it another try though. Maybe mixing it with my cleanser on dry skin first using my fingers instead of a cotton ball will be less irritating?! Using a cotton ball can irritate my skin as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a life saver! When I first started using makeup I used to remover my waterproof mascara with just plain body wash!! WHAT THE HECK WAS WRONG WITH ME!! It broke my lashes so badly and made them so short! And then I discovered this to remove my makeup and it was so easy! I even helped grow my lashes and eyebrows (I've been trying to get them like Lily Collins) and got them to the beautiful way they were before! And then I used it as moisturizer and it's my nighttime moisturizer and will be forever! Even with my oily skin, it doesn't break me out! Then I used it as a hair mask, leave it in overnight, wash it out, and it makes my fine hair so soft and shiny! THEN! I use it for my body moisturizer and makes my legs look so super shiny and awesome! I recommend this for everyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by hjjung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using EVOO to remove my makeup ever since I started using makeup. I buy my EVOOs from Trader Joe's, and pour the oil into a separate pump container that I keep in the bathroom. I use one pump for my entire face to remove makeup; just massage the oil into dry face with makeup on. The oil melts everything, and I wipe it all off with a sponge or soft towel soaked in warm water. Then I do a second cleanse with my usual foaming cleanser. This gets my skin super clean with no trace of anything left.

I have tried using other oils such as jojoba, grapeseed, rosehip, and castor. Out of all, I like olive oil and grapeseed oil the best, as they have the perfect consistency for rolling and massaging the face without absorbing too quickly.
I found the jojoba and rosehip oil too "dry" (thin, lacking viscosity, and absorbing into the skin too quickly) to remove makeup; those two are best for moisturizing afterwards. Castor oil is too thick to massage the face; you will end up tugging your face around. I highly recommend castor oil for lash & eyebrow growth.

I've used lots of different makeup products over the years, but there has never been a product that EVOO cannot remove off of my skin. Ever. When there is such an effective, gentle, and cheap method of removing makeup like EVOO, I don't think I will ever change to anything else.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by purplerose95

Olive oil may be a great make up remover, however, I once left the oil on my face because I thought olive oil would moisturize my skin nicely. I broke out so much, perhaps the most I've ever broken out at one time.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Jsta92

Love EVOO! I have acne prone skin and have been searching for something effective for a while. I keep revisiting the reviews here and finally gave the full EVOO cleansing a go. Have a look through the reviews for the full description of the cleansing method cos there are some good detailed examples. I use it morning & night and use my dove beauty bar before to clean of my makeup. I used it for a few days and saw a difference, my dry skin and my early twenties fine lines that show when my skin is dry or dehydrated were drastically improved and my spots were healing. I stopped as I went snowboarding and didn't take it with me, the sport gave me spots so I went and bought some EVOO at a local supermarket and my skin was back to it's improved state very soon in the holiday. I will continue using it as I have noticed a big difference in my skin generally including acne scars! Only problems are it's a little time consuming and messy bit definitely worth it!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by kretz

I decided to give EVOO a try after reading so many great reviews as a moisturizer and even a good makeup remover. I was skeptical because of the reviews saying it can cause breakouts. Anyway i gave it a try one night when washing off my makeup, I rubbed it all over my face and then tried to rinse it off. It would NOT come off. I even had to use my original face was to remove the oil off of my skin. My skin felt very soft afterwards but the next day my forehead was covered in acne. I NEVER break out on my forehead but it was covered in red painful pimples. I would not recommend using this stuff on your face if you are at all acne prone I will definitely stick to coconut oil as an extra moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by maddynelson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was skeptical at first because if this worked so well why are people still spending so much money on moisturizer... but holy crap this is amazing! My skin is pretty dry with a few scattered breakouts and this is my second day using olive oil mixed with my daily moisturizer and I already see a difference. My breakouts are shrinking and my face looks soft and hydrated. I definitely recommend this BUT you still should have a good daily moisturizer as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by AnnieLees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow! I read the reviews on make up alley and decided to give extra virgin olive oil another try. I've tried it before as a moisturizer and it did'nt work the way I had hoped. BUT, with some extra research I found that using oliv oil as a cleanser (oil massage and then steaming the face with a hot cloth) gave a totally different result that just rubbing it in after cleaning the face with a "normal" cleanser.

My face has never looked better! I have very dry skin with lots of blackheads and inpurities. After using this oil cleanser for one week my skin is glowing. It really pulls out the inpurities out of the skin and leaves the pores open and the skin feels like its breathing. Also, my dryness is getting a lot better. Used to have very flaky skin, but this method dissolves the dead skin cells and cleanes it right off as well.

Need I say I have been looking for products that will work on my problematic skin for years, and finally I have found something that gives me a result I am happy with!