October 25, 2014 | 1712 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Lemony Flutter

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by 26random5

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

First of all I love lush all together but this is the product that influenced my love for lush. I really really like this product I use it on my cuticles, dry skin and on the ends of my hair to prevent split ends in my opinion it is the best product in lush so I would 100% recommend this product to anyone .

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Jennytherese

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

I work at a supermarket where the air is very dry. This in combination with the work itself being a strain for the skin on my hands (especially the cuticles) is not ideal for wanting soft skin. I went to the LUSH-store and explained my problem and this is what the lady recommended. I worked wonders for my hands. It also works great for other dry spots such as elbows and feet (especially heels and ball of the foot).

It appears to be absorbing in turtle speed, but when I touch my hands I find most of it to just be a shine from the oils in the product, and my skin is as soft as a baby bottom.

I have used this about once a day for about a week and has just begun to scratch the surface, so this is going to last a long time and has already proved to be a good value for the money spent.

Since it can be slow-absorbing I usually apply this before going to bed, and wake up with the softest hands and feet I have ever had.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by corrineinwa

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After reading the reviews, I had to try this for myself and I've been using it for a couple of weeks.

My job requires a lot of hand washing and I tend to use some form of cuticle and hand treatment each time but a major issue is that most cuticle treatments leave a greasy residue over paperwork. But I was pleasantly surprised that Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter did not. It soaks in very quickly.

I don't find the faux Lemon Pledge furniture polish smell too bad - I've had worse on my cuticles.

My cuticles are definitely less dry and it's the bomb on dry skin on my feet and elbows too.

It will never take the place of my nighttime regime of Mavala's Cuticle Cream or Lansinoh but I'll definitely continue to use the Lemony Flutter during the day.

Initially, I though the price was a little steep but given it's 1.5 oz and how little you need, this is going to last a long time.

I'll definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by rosebud264

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is fantastic. It's wonderfully thick, moisturising and smells good. The packaging is not bad - a tube with a small nib (like L'Occitane's cuticle cream) would also be nice but this isn't messy, unlike creams or oils that you have to brush on.

However, it is a bit on the greasy side and can take a while to absorb. I wear cotton gloves after I put Lemony Flutter on and it helps immensely with the absorption.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by yangxx2

This stuff has been amazing for me! I've had it for about 2 months now and I use it every day. The container isn't the best size, but when I purchased it they gave me a free sample of some body cream in a small container, so I scooped some Lemony Flutter out and carry that with me every day. The lemon scent is pretty strong especially when you open the container, but it's not artificial or chemical smelling like Pinesol, which gives me a headache. It also goes away pretty quickly once you put it on your cuticles.
I like to put it on right after I get in my car and before I start driving, or when I'm stopped dead in traffic. It does take a bit of time to absorb in but it's not like those brush-on cuticle oils that make a mess every time you touch something (I'm looking at you, Sally Hansen). It's also great to massage into my cuticles when I'm just watching TV or Netflix. This stuff absorbs into the skin and keeps it moisturized, as opposed to just sitting on top and making my cuticles feel dry once the oils/creams are off.
It SAVED my cuticles this summer after all the time spent on the beach or in water, and the cuticles on my toes too! I don't trim my cuticles for fear of cutting them too short, and with Lemony Flutter I only need to put it on and then gently push them back.
I noticed some grittiness to my large container recently, and a quick search revealed it was the shea butter that had hardened after it melted. It still works just as well and the grittiness/pebbles rub out easily, but here's a link to a blog that shows you how to make it smooth again:

I LOVE this stuff, and I will definitely buy it again, although I probably won't need to for a while since the container holds a lot!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love lemony flutter! When I first purchased it, it actually smelt disgusting and I really have no idea why. Now, it smells so yummy and lemony! Like lollies. I didn't really expect to like this product, but it has really helped my nails. Applying and removing polish weekly had begun to take it's toll on my nails and cuticles and using this 2-3 times a day has really reduced the damage. 2-3 time a day may sound like a burden but I actually really enjoy using it! It smells sooo good! I don't find the product overly greasy, you only need a little bit and it rubs in easily. It also sinks in pretty quickly, in around 5 minutes. My cuticles look nice and nourished, not dry and awful, and this product leaves my nails looking and feeling healthier. I swear it has made them more resilient and stronger over time too. I trim/file and buff my nails less now. They do not look as dry or damaged as they did before. It is a little pricy but you only use a little bit each time and it feels like it will last me a very long time. I always disregard the expiry date on Lush products, they still work fine ages after for me. I think I'll be able to tell if it starts to get rank.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by 2010

I bought this cream to help with my dry, ugly cuticles but I found that it didn't moisturize them as well as I would have liked. The scent reminds me of pledge, which I really don't like. Overall, I have used cheaper creams and gotten better results so I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by msjohns888

One day with this cream repaired my peeling, dry, and overly sanitized hands . Don't think I'll ever need a manicure again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this cuticle cream almost a year ago when I went to a Lush store. I thought it smelled wonderful, like a lemon cupcake and it felt very moisturizing. Initially I used it on my elbows and sometimes on the heels of my feet for dry areas. Then I forgot about it. I started doing my own gel nails at home and it has taken a toll on my hands and fingernails. I busted out this cream and started using it for my hands and it has saved my nails. The UV light from the gel nails can be harsh on my skin and the gel nail polish always takes off the top layer of my nails when I remove it. I always apply a thick layer of this cream to the entire nail and let it soak. Within 20 minutes my nails look and feel great. I know this product is expensive but you only need a tiny amount and I've barely put a dent in it in the year I've had it. I will definitely buy more if this runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Trying4flawless

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I encountered a flight delay at Orlando airport, and was given a few samples at Lush. Lemony Flutter was one and a week later I placed an order (directly from store avoided shipping). I'm a lil OCD about hand washing and I actually use this as a hand cream. It's does help my dry rough hands, and love the smell. Downside would be cost and small pot size. I did try the Helping Hands cream also and didn't care for it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No