October 25, 2014 | 1827 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Metallic Creme Eye Color in Alloy

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2008 7:07:00 PM More reviews by LeslieMUA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a great taupe cream shadow for a long time, and I think I've found my HG! It'd say it's fairly neutral, but cool enough to compliment my NW20 skin. It's got quite a bit of shimmer (but no glitter), so I always apply very, very lightly and then build slowly. The packaging is great because the hole is so tiny, so it'd be tough to squeeze too much out. It's pretty long-lasting, especially with a base. If I want to increase the staying powder (or cut down on shimmer if I applied too much), I'll do a light wash with a translucent powder. I'd definitely repurchase this item!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2008 11:19:00 AM More reviews by liz91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First of all, I am so happy to have found this since I was looking for a replacement for the (now-discontinued) MAC paint in Shimma. This color is as close as I've found. Shimma is a little more silvery, but they are nearly identical. The color is beautiful. I only rated it a 4, though, because it fades and creases slightly during the day. MAC paints never fade or crease on me. The packaging is great, though. The tube allows you to squeeze small amounts of product out without overdoing it. MAC paints always ooze out on me. And the silvery tube is very sleek-looking. I would buy this again since it's similar to Shimma, but I will most likely have to wear a base under it so it doesn't crease (I never have to wear a base with MAC paints).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2008 4:44:00 AM More reviews by ellyyang

This is my first Laura Mercier eyeshadow. I have to say I am really amazed. First of all, the color is so beautiful, and the quality is very good. It blends smoothly and layers easily. It can also be worn under or above other eyeliner or cream eyeshadow. It also stays on for at least 8 hours without any eyeshadow base. I am so impressed! Also, since I wear contacts for most of the time, powder eyeshadow falls into my eyes from time to time and irritate my eyes. This is totally not a problem for the creme eyeshadow. And it's totally worth for $22 because one tube can last forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2008 2:44:00 PM More reviews by loarc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this from sephora last week. I was planning on buying platinum but when I swatched this I had to have this instead. It reminds me alot of mac coco which I also love. The consistancy is very nice and smooth and blends and layers easily. The tube has a tiny hole at the top so you can easily control the amount of product your squeezing out and not waste any excess. The product stays put and lasts through the day without creasing. I would buy this again but I think it will last awhile. very pretty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2008 2:11:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating: This doesn't get as good a mark as the Rose Gold shade simply because I have an abundance of brown taupes, because it doesn't seem to wear as well, and because the metallic finish looks a tad too frosty on my eyes. Still, it applies smoothly and nongreasily and has good coverage. Dries to a comfortable powder finish. All that being said, I have yet to try it as a base, at which time may redeem itself :-)
Price: A bit pricy at $22 a tube, but you get a lot of product and don't need much to get good coverage.
Packaging: Standard squeeze tube (think MAC paints). The product doesn't ooze out, but I uncrimped the bottom just to be safe.
Would I buy again: Probably not. I like my HIP paint in Nervy a lot more. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2008 10:17:00 PM More reviews by tmilstein

I had gotten a sample of Laura Mercier's Metallic Creme Eye Color in platinum. I've used it for over a year (here and there) and I still have plenty left. I stopped at a LM counter and saw Alloy. It's the perfect silvery taupe. I can't resist the color. The product really lasts on my lids, which is a feat because I have oily skin. I put the platinum near the inner corners of my eyes and then put this on the lid. I get compliments each time I wear them.
Highly recommended.
They have a purple-taupe color (Mercury) I want to try next. They're not cheap, but a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2006 11:45:00 PM More reviews by dlbaker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product and this color. I have been looking for a shimmery, cream shadow that does not crease, and this one comes pretty close for me. I have oily lids, and I only notice slight creasing of this after a 10-12 hr day at work. It holds up to a hard cardio workout pretty well, too. I have a few of these, and Alloy is my fave color. It's really unique and very flattering - a bit smokey but not overdoing it. Very good for day and yet more special than a nude or standard brown shadow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2006 10:47:00 PM More reviews by meandering

I ♥ LOVE ♥ LM Metallic Creme Eye Colours!! They are great alone and also make a fantastic metallic base for so many eyeshadows. They can be used as a simple wash or to create smokey drama! They come in a convenient 0.3 oz squeeze tube. Unlike MAC Paints, excess product does not ooze out of the tube. LM Metallic Creme Eye Colours have a thinner consistency than MAC Paints, but wonderful color payoff - only a little is needed to achieve vibrant color. They are long lasting and non-creasing and have a respectable range of colors. They are a little expensive, but totally worth it!

Alloy is a beautiful metallic taupe, reminiscent of MAC Coco or UD YDK. Both of these eyeshadows are fantastic layered over Alloy. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2006 10:58:00 AM More reviews by oldone

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a number of these meallic eye creams and love them. Gold is a favorite, but I have been using alloy recently and reall lke this a lot. Very strange gray-lavender shade that looks great with my hazel eyes. Like all the others, this is long wearing. Just adds a subtle sparkle to my lids that is fine for day or night. Tube will last forever. A true winner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2006 2:00:00 PM More reviews by bastet

I own almost all shades of the metallic cream e/s and should LM release more I'd definitely purchase those, too. Alloy is a taupe shade, it's more brownish than MAC paint in shimma and similar to Shu ME945/ Aveda Aura/ Becca Lame, the difference being that it has the metallic cream finish. It holds up on me all day without creasing and I successfully use it as an e/s base.

The packaging is *so* much better than with MAC paints. The tube is made of plastic instead of metal and has a very narrow opening, so you can squeeze out a precise amount and product doesn't ooze out on its own. The LM product contains 8.5g compared to the 7.5g of MAC paints. I couldn't be happier with this product, the LM metallic cream e/s will definitely replace my MAC paints when I've used them up. Retails for $22 in the US, in my opinion an acceptable price given the quality. continued >>