September 23, 2014 | 1845 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Foundation Powder [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by sharonshizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin: Quite fair, Asian with yellow undertones, clog prone, sensitive.

The Product

Shade Range: Very limited. The lightest shade is too light for me and the second one up was too dark so I bought both and now dab my brush in both to get the perfect color.

Coverage: I get varying degrees of coverage with this powder depending on the brush I use but even with a dense small brush I don't get more than medium coverage. I use just this when my skin is good but when i'm breaking out I must use a foundation or TM under it whereas with My MAC Studiofix I can achieve almost full coverage.

Photogenicness: Despite having spf in the powder I have worn this out at night and taken many pictures with it and it looks decent in photos.

Overall I really do like this powder. It gives smooth, even coverage. Does not look cakey, doesn not break me out (Ieverything breaks me out) and the compact is sleek and sturdy. However, the only downside is that even with primer it doesn not have good staying power and I have relatively dry skin. I must reapply every four hours and it is very inconvenient with my 12 hour days. I like it a lot and will stick to it for now until I find something better.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Melis356

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff didn't do anything for me. It's not completely offensive, but it just doesn't have any coverage. I tried it as a foundation first, then I used it over a sheer foundation hoping it would add a little extra coverage and set my foundation. Fail on both. It wasn't irritating or the worst I've ever tried but it's pretty useless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 4:11:00 AM More reviews by frucht_tasche

I never thought that I would be able to use powder foundation on my dry-ish skin, but this LM product works for me. It provides a very clear, polished look, and does not cake or settle into fine lines. I cannot really explain why, but this foundation makes my skin look natural yet polished at the same time. The color No 2 is perfect for my NC 20-25 skin. It lasts literally all day without touch up. It is slightly matt/drying just after application, but after a few hours looks and feels good. A potential HG!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by wonderdreamz

This foundation is one of my favorites, i can understand why some people might NOT like it .

If you don't blend it well, the foundation will look odd. Also, my skin is normal, but my nose is oily. Therefore. I don't need foundation because i dont have blemishes and therefore i use powder foundation. IF YOU ARE OILY, STAY AWAY. It won't hold your oil. I have to reapply every 4 hours. Its my daily powder foundation for now, however, i'm pretty sure there is better powder foundation but i'm too afraid to break out and its quite of a hassle to look for your hg foundation. But this will do for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by ggmarsfan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is totally an HG for me. I discovered this last April after a Mac powder broke me out. My mother had bought this powder for herself, but gave it to me to see if it would help with my skin issues. There are just not enough good adjectives to describe how great this product is. For a powder foundation, the coverage is amazing and it has a really good staying powder on my combo skin. When my skin gets oily, rather than making me look shiny, this product makes my skin look like its glowing. This powder feels comfortable on my face and doesn't make me look chalky or too powdered. I use it dry and buff it into my face over concealer with a fairly dense kabuki brush (aka Mac 182). Various friends and family members of mine have more than once commented on how flawless my face looks whenever I wear this product. Another great plus is that this powder lasted me through an entire 6 months of everyday use!! I am now on my second compact, and will continue to buy it if it continues to be this amazing :)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by ksenkler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I am using this with Makeup Forever HD finishing powder and Smashbox Photo lite primer. I love the coverage and how it makes my skin feel. I have oily acne-prone skin. My biggest problem is with clogged pores and this product doesn't seem to be doing that which is good. The only downside is that I have not had it for a month and I am already seeing the silver bottom of the compact. I use a foundation brush to ensure I don't use too much product so I can't help but think there has to be a better bargain out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by itsmesofiag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I just bought this at Sephora today, and the Sephora rep color matched me with shade no. 3. I have oily skin, and I really hope this product works well with my UD De-Slick and bareMinerals primer. I hate blotting throughout the day, so this could be very beneficial to me. I'm sure this will be my new summer HG as many others have said. it looks natural, has light to full coverage, and is good for sensitive skin. I will do a follow up review in a couple of weeks to see if my opinion has changed for the better or for worse. :) do I recommend this product? heck yes, if you have $40 to spend comfortably.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by layla398

I would buy it again..there is just one problem.. 40 BUCKS?! im srry but that is a little ridiculous even though it is a great..long staying powder foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by kbmartin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My search is over. This is HG for me. I have worn MAC, Chanel, EL, you name it, I've tried it. This gives me the most amazing flawless look. I layer it over my foundation and the finish is amazing!!! I will repurchase over and over.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 More reviews by prettybm09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

i ADORE THIS FOUNDATION! It's my new HOLY GRAIL! wow I Have to say It's my new baby this summer! *YES USUALLY POWDER FOUNDATIONS ARE FOR PEOPLE THAT DON'T NEED AS MUCH COVERAGE!* Let me start of by saying that I have combination skin. I get a more oily in the summer (of course what combo skin dosen't) Im a NC25-30 sometimes I can use NW20, and I was matched with No.3 matches pretty good. I Have meduim size pores on my nose and side of my nose, besides that I have a littl bit of redness on my cheek area and some hyperpigmentation. Nothing too serious or hard to cover. Overall I have pretty good skin. So for the summer I was looking for a good coverage, natural looking, long lasting powder foundation. I came across this at Nordstrom and the beauty advisor matched me with No.3 it looked pretty good. I told her i was going to wear it and try it out for the day. I went to work afterwards, sweated, and what not. By the end of my work shift 7 hours the foundation was still soo nicely put, even though I was sweaty, i wasn't a nasty oil slick like what I expirience with other foundations. I just looked nice and dewy.

I was very impressed so I ran out and bought it. It retails for $40 USD a little too expensive I have to admit especially for the amount of product you get which is 7.4 grams. before this I was using C3 in MAC studio fix powder+foundation, MAC Studio FP retails for $29.50 for 15 grams. Big difference in price and quantity I know, But I'm willing to pay the price to not get oily, have decent coverage and look natural! I think its a buildable coverage foundation. Use a brush for a more sheer-light coverage, or a sponge or included puff for meduim-full. My usuall routine is after I have moisturize I apply my primer, then i pat my benefit porefessional balm, spray my face with UD deslick spray, use some concealar and set my concealar with this foundation using my 182 kabuki brush. If im in a hurry Ill just do primer, spray and founation with a sponge and spary again! and Im good!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No