July 25, 2014 | 1005 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - The Makeup Lifting Foundation SPF 16

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2009 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Annie101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really wanted to like this product since it was so expensive but, I didn't. Maybe it's because I don't have the right shade because my friend gave it to me, but it sucks. I made my skin look really yellow which I hate. it also dried out my skin and looked very caky.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by missivue

This foundation matched my skin color great and looks like I'm wearing nothing but at the same times makes me look like I have healthy skin. It is a thicker consistency but it blends in very well. The price is a bit high at $42 so this is the only thing I'm stuck on. It doesn't break me out at all and is very moisturing. I use to use MAC select in N35 and that was too orange and drying on my face. I now wear the Shiseido O20 but I'm not sure if it is my HG so I've been testing others out. After using MAC for so long I don't want to give up until I've found "the one".

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by jen1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great coverage. Perfect on my dry skin. I use my everyday minerals powder brush to apply & my skin looks flawless. I like that it has anti-wrinkle properties too. It's moisturizing without being oily or greasy. Applying it with my em brush keeps it from feeling too thick or heavy (like it sometimes can when I use only my fingers.) I have dark circles under my eyes but with this foundation I don't feel like I need to use any concealer. I am very very happy with this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by stellina

I was delighted with my recent purchase of the new Perfect Smoothing compact foundation, but alas, we got a cold snap here and my skin is too dry for a powder. So I returned to the Shiseido counter & got this in the same shade (O20). This is my new ideal winter foundation! It has excellent coverage but such a soft, natural finish, qualities that are rarely found together. I returned to Shiseido foundations after a long absence and I'll stick with them as long as they make them. You can save money on lipstick & eyeshadow, but it's well worth it to pay extra for a good foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2008 8:10:00 PM More reviews by areed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a great foundation, one of the very best I've ever used. I have dry skin, so this is perfect, especially in winter. I don't rely on it for my sunscreen, tho'. The blendability is superb, and the coverage is amazing. I get great coverage with brush or sponge, and find I don't need a concealer. T he color range is good, esp if you have warmer undertones. Try a sample from Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2008 5:50:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Again, this is one of those Foundations designed and intended for mature skins.
What amazes me is those very rich, thick foundations (this Shisiedo, but also Absolue by Lancome, Dior Capture, and Dior Sculpt just to name a few) are outrageously good for the coverage, moisture, blendability and face-lift effect, and they all are so rich that, for a combo skin like mine, you get oily quite soon. But it's logical as a mature skin is expected to be dryer (and not oily).
So this one does not make any exception on that!
As I said, I have combo skin, and I use this Foundation only in Winter..
LOVE the face lift effect....I love the coverage & the fact it is so pigmented: you really need a tiny bit to cover your whole face... no need to build up a second layer, as one is enough.
It gives your face that extra luminosity you need in winter. Does not oxidize nor melt.
Of course as it is very emollient, I need to blot often a but I cannot blame the foundation as I know I am " abusing" it, I mean it should not be used on my skin expecting 100% matt results!
What a GORGEOUS foundation!
Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2008 2:15:00 PM More reviews by scribbles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

My mom uses this foundation, and last week I decided to give it a try. I mixed it with Qiora's SPF20 Sunscreen (which is a bit tinted) to lighten the consistency and color. It looked FANTASTIC on! I apply with Vincent Longo's foundation brush, and it goes on so smoothly! I'm not sure if it's just the combination? Or the foundation itself? I'm going to try it with different sunscreen brands to see if I get the same glowy, natural effect. I consider this my 2nd HG foundation, next to Vincent Longo's Water Canvas (which is way more expensive.)

I have: OILY skin, uneven skintone, and some acne marks on my cheeks. I wouldn't say this foundation is great for oil-control, but no matter what I use, I have to blot/powder anyway - so it's no big deal. I've been using Shiseido skincare lines, etc., since puberty (haha!) and never had problems with breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2008 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Soutty

This is an excellent foundation for older skin but possibly not for every day because of the price and also because it is quite heavy and time consuming to apply if you don't want to look over made up. I use it for occasionally when I want my skin to look my best. I wore it yesterday to see a friend I hadn't seen for ages and she said she thought I looked younger than I did a few years ago because my skin was so smooth. Now that might partly be down to 6 months use of Protect and Perfect but I also think my foundation helped as even I looked at myself in the mirror before I left the house and felt quite pleased with myself which rarely happens these days as I'm 37 and have two small children and very little sleep!

I use Max Factor Age Renew most days and that's a pretty good everyday foundation I reckon. Shiseido's version is in another league though.

Edit: This breaks me out unfortunately. Not one to wear regularly, not for me anyway.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2008 3:06:00 AM More reviews by jacobina

I brought this foundation after a girl i work with swore shiseido was a fantastic brand. I explained to the lady in myer that i was looking for a
full coverage foundation that would last all day.
this is what i found....

THE GOOD:
It is fantastic for when you have had a late night as after a big night out my skin tends to be dhydrated and paler than usuall- this foundation automatically illuminates the skin and hides those puffy eyes when needed.

It is a very photogenic

is very easy to blend into the face as it's a lightweight formula

THE BAD:
It doesn't last all day! it rubs off in certain areas on your face ie around your mouth and your t zone.

it becomes greasy in the hot whether... this is never a good look!

The coverage isn't as they describe "full" it is medium

it has far too much shine for my liking (for those who don't like to use powder over the top)

Because it doesn't set easily it doesn't work well with powders over the top-

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2008 5:29:00 PM More reviews by vallerina5chu

The one thing I don’t mind spending a bit more money on is my foundation – after all, it’s the base for all my other makeup. With that, this is a premium foundation and quite emollient, so it’s my winter foundation. I use the shade O40 since my summer tan usually fades in the colder months. (I am a medium to fair-toned complexion, depending on the season.) Alone, it creates a sort of matte look, which I think makes me look older so I mix one pump with a drop or two of Stila All-Over Shimmer luminizer to give the appearance of a dewy look. I only wish I could see how much product I have left, and does anyone know why the bottom part of the container twists? Is there any functionality to it?