July 24, 2014 | 1113 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Individualist Natural Finish Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2008 9:15:00 AM More reviews by pauley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Did not like this it did not stay on my face it start's out ok but as the day goes on I did not like the look not good lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2008 10:26:00 AM More reviews by judicious

It is absolutely the best foundation I have ever used-there may be better out there, but I haven't found it. It's light to medium coverage, so you can build on it if you'd like. It's light weight and goes on just right, no kabuki feel. It's true that it doesn't last longer than six hours, but I don't mind touching up on my red spots(around the nose area). The color is true to my skin and it's usually very hard for me to find colors to accommodate my warm golden undertones. Most foundations are either way too orange or way too pink for me. I've used this for years now, and I stock up when it's bonus time. The packaging appears cheap because it's plastic but it's clearly for hygienic reasons. The lightweight plastic packaging makes it safe for me to just throw it in my bag and not worry about it as I tote around town. I will probably use this product for the rest of my life until I come across something better(I've used this for over three years and everyone I work with thinks I have perfect skin-trust me I don't, it's this foundation).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2008 5:02:00 PM More reviews by abradley725

Good foundation, medium coverage, but a lot of color choice. I like Double Wear better.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2008 11:03:00 PM More reviews by luv2smilexo

I just got this from the el counter when i picked up my beloved nars best palette :) Its kind of like a tm as far as formulation goes. I cant feel it on my face which is extremely important for me. It makes my face look absolutely flawless. I used it with be mineral veil and was in complete love with it. The only things I dont like about it is that it doesnt really control my oil but i'm not that oily. Also, I wish it had spf. Overall, I would definitely buy it again.
    EDIT: found out this was breaking me out so i had to discontinue use :( took off a lippie for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2008 3:35:00 PM More reviews by jeanki

I was looking for something with sheer but not invisible coverage to even out my skin tone. I really find the texture of this foundation ideal, light yet substantial without feeling greasy or too watery or too silicony. It doesn't seem to exacerbate acne on me at all yet, which is rare for me. I got a pretty perfect color match with Fair (1N). As others have mentioned, staying power isn't the best, but on me it didn't completely vanish by the end of the day either. I like the packaging even though it is plastic, it is convenient for travel and hygienic to use; and although it seems like a small size, I found that a tiny dab goes a long way on me. I also love that this is completely odor-free, not even a chemical or makeup-y odor I find with many foundations. The price seems standard for higher-end foundations, and I actually like that it doesn't have sunscreen (which seems to always break me out). I was debating between getting Double Wear Light and this, but they didn't have DW Light at the store I went to, and I feel better about this one now anyway. All in all this is a high quality light coverage foundation. I think the only problem is that I doubt they have shades to match super light skin tones (I'm usually in the 2 range and I was 1 in this one.)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by beachytabbyanne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's possible that I would buy this product again, but I most likely won't. I bought this makeup a couple of months ago, and the woman at the counter didn't match the shade that was right for my skin. I am not a fan of liquid makeup, so that kind of downs this product for me. The makeup feels to heavy on my skin and my face, and I have normal skin, and usually products don't feel like a burden to my skin. I possibly would buy this product again, if I had something very specific I want to conceal, but I don't like it that much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2008 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Caramellane

What I like about Estee Lauder foundations, is the way in which the colors are organized. By number, which determines how light or dark your skin is, and then within your number you choose cool, neutral, or warm. So choosing the correct color is easy. (I hate makeup that doesn't specify whether it is cool or warm). Individualist is not right for my skin type. I have oily skin and after a few hours of wearing this foundation, my skin was shiny and it looked obvious that I had foundation on. I might suggest this product to someone with dry or normal skin. The coverage is semi-sheer to medium and lasts 4-7 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by tadeusz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Edit: not a good color match so I've since moved on. It still peforms well and would repurchase in a different shade if they come out with one closer to my skintone.

i have the hardest time finding foundations that suit my skintone. i'm very fair with yellow undertones. most foundations are too orange or too pink for my face.

i was reccomended the shade Beech (1W1) by a makeup artist while getting my makeup done. i love how easy it is to build the coverage of this foundation, but i dislike the packaging. the tube-like package makes me feel that i'm not getting much for my money. the price listed on the website is $32.50 which i think is a little expensive, but where i shop i was able to purchase it for $28.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by ero2t

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation. I have very intolerant skin that reacts easily to fragrances, silicones, alcohol, you name it! This blends away redness and doesn't look to heavy on, in fact I barely notice it on. No it doesn't last all day, but I've yet to find anything that does, and if it does, I'd be scared of the ingredients. EL do samples and match colours well. I usually wear Bobbi Brown for colours, but their foundations suck in terms of colours and reactive ingredients. I've bought this about three times, which is saying a lot, as I usually switch around in the quest to find the perfect foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by nurseexec

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have spent about a zillion years trying to find a foundation that is a great match, but not too heavy. I did a makeover at EL, and they matched me up with 2N1 (Vellum). WOW! My face, but better. I can't even tell I'm wearing it. It does tend to get a little shiny towards the end of my day here in humid FL, but I set it with a little Lucidity powder and I'm good to go. It's my HG! The packaging is a little strange, hard to get it out when you are close to being out, but not enough to be upset at.