Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

4.6

Ethyl Acetate , Butyl Acetate , Nitrocellulose , Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin , Isopropyl Alcohol , Acrylates Copolymer , Epoxidized Soybean Oil , Wheat Amino Acids , Calcium Pantothenate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Gelatin , Benzophenone-1 , Etocrylene , Violet 2 (CI 60725) , Dimethicone

on 7/31/2013 7:34:00 PM

I love this stuff. After getting gels (which I stupidly peeled off myself--I know, dumb) over two years ago, my nails just would never grow. No matter which products I used (and I used a lot of them), I had very weak, peeling nails. Someone from the nail board recommended this stuff, saying it had worked for her, so I went out and bought it. At only $9.50 at Ulta, I figured, why not. I have used it now for almost a month and my nails are radically and finally stronger and no longer peeling!

I use the stuff exactly as described in the instructions. I put it on every day and take it off a few days to a week later with non-acetone polish remover, only to start the process again. I've also not worn and nail polish besides this stuff since I started using it. That was extremely hard for me to do at the beginning of the process, but now my nails look so good that I'm excited to show them off.

My only complaint would be the packaging. I don't mind that it is a small bottle, but once the product got a little more than 3/4 to the bottom, it has become very difficult to get out enough to make a clean coat. But the pros far outweigh the cons and my mother (who gave me my weak nails to start with) has bought a bottle for herself after watching mine grow.

I am so happy to have found this product!

on 7/24/2013 2:39:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am so delighted with this stuff! I have always had weak nails that split across as soon as they got any white tips at all. My nails need white tips of at least 2-3mm just to reach the ends of the fingers. It didn't help that I bit them for years and would also attack the skin around them, which always got very dry even with copious amounts of hand cream. (Duh, probably because of the nibbling. Vicious circle time...) I tried Sally Hansen, Nail Envy and Opi Avoplex without success. With the latter two, the nails at least appeared to improve at first, but would still break frequently. But since finding Nailtiques - wow. I tried Nailtiques 2 first, which improved the nails but they still split across sometimes although getting to a decent length was actually looking possible. I then tried the 2+ formula and that's what has brought about stunning results. All the nails are now growing so well that I sometimes have to file them to keep them just past my fingertips, which is as long as I want them. They will break occasionally if I've kept them in water a lot or forgotten to apply the stuff regularly.
I follow the instructions carefully, using the stuff almost every day - it dries amazingly fast so this isn't a problem, it takes seconds to do - and take it off and renew every few days. It smells quite strong, but this dissipates immediately. It doesn't yellow the nails, and although quite shiny at first the shine mellows to a reasonably natural look in a few hours. I can't say exactly how long this takes as I have just noticed after a while that the nails are less wet-shiny looking. It does start to lift if immersed in hot water for any length of time. I think this occurs after it's been applied for a few days and is getting thicker build-up.
Now the nails look so good I don't want to bite them. Instead I keep surreptitiously admiring them when no-one's looking! I usually use a very gentle remover from Fresh Therapies too, and still need a lot of hand cream to keep the cuticles in good nick. But this is the only nail treatment I have found that actually does what it promises. I might even get brave enough to play around with some nail polish on top now!

Update and extra useful info - I think I have found THE most effective nail strengthener, even better than Nailtiques. I was recommended to massage CASTOR OIL (yes, the laxative/ allegedly labour-inducing stuff) into my hands at night to alleviate stiffness in the fingers. It apparently has anti-inflammatory properties. I have done this for several weeks now. It does seem to help with the stiffness, but who knew - it's even better than using Nailtiques alone - nails flexible and clearly stronger. I now have ten good nails even if I forget to apply Nailtiques. I don't know if any other oil would work as well, but this certainly does it! Under 4.00 on Amazon too, for organic, 50ml, and you need a few drops only each night.

For years I wore acrylic overlays on my nails because they were so weak. Of course, when I removed it my nails were wrecked. I started using Nailtiques 2+ to recover from the acrylic and my nails actually started to strengthen and grow - shocker! I have continued to use it off and on ever since and it's a holy grail product for me. According to the Nailtiques system, I should really step down to Formula 2 or 1, but as long as 2+ works, I'm going to stick with it.

The only downside is that the formula does dry out rather quickly - usually before half the bottle is gone. I researched and purchased Nailtiques Formula Fix which is their thinner to return it to a usable state so I can use the whole bottle. Regular polish thinner works also, but their Formula Fix is protein based so it doesn't dilute the protein levels so it's a much better solution and worth the investment in the long run.

on 5/28/2013 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm crazy about this product! After a lifetime of weak, peeling nails I have finally found something that really works! For the first 6 weeks I used it almost every day, and cheated a little bit with colour polish. After that I had such good results I use it about 3 times a week. I've almost used up the bottle now and am about to order the formula 2 in hope it will maintain the great results I've had.

I'ts a bit on the expensive side (at least in Europe) but I think it's worth it! It's still alot cheaper than acrylics or other extensions. And it's an awesome base coat.

on 3/19/2013 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If you have problematic nails (breakage for no apparent reason once your nails get to a "classy" length), then Nailtiques is for you. For no reason, my nails usually break once they get to the length that I want them to be which is about 1mm past my fingers (whatever length hand models have natural nails at in advertisements). They will rip and give me painful hang nails, or they will just break and I'm forced to file the whole nail (compromising the length for an even edge). But with nailtiques Formula 2+, I am able to maintain the length I want and my nails have never looked better. This is really good to put on after removing gel manicures or acrylic nails (severity of nail conditions is respective to formula # system). Asthetically, a regular manicure (polish on top of natural nails) has never cut it for the condition of my natural nails, and thanks to this product I don't have to wear acrylic nails. When I wear gel polish people think my nails are acrylic, they can't believe it's my actual nail bed beneath the gel polish. I was also a hardcore nail biter, and now I don't bite my nails because I'm too busy admiring my nails. This stuff really works. But you've got to follow the application directions on the box! And you've got to be diligent about it for about 2 weeks-1month. It's not some hardcore routine though, people that say this stuff doesn't work either are not consistent with the application or are using the wrong formula (requiring formula 3 but using formula 2, for instance). Once you consistently use this stuff, the maintainence is super easy: you just apply nailtiques at your own discretion or I love to use it as a base coat for my polish. It is the best base coat I've ever used. Your nail color will not chip as frequently and polish goes on smoother. It is even affective under your polish! I get no yellowing or stains from polish and my nail polish (no matter how vibrant or dark the color is) is super easy to remove with regular nail polish remover. I love this stuff. Instead of having to have a full blown manicure, I just file my nails to shape, use this as base coat, follow with polish and seche vite quick dry top coat and i'm good. my nail beds always look good with this stuff and i keep my hands conditioned with sporatic hand moisturizer (basically whenever I remember or have time to put on hand lotion after I wash hands, and before bedtime). Because of nailtiques and since I use it as a base coat for any type of manicure (gel or regular polish) I am able to have nails/hands that I'm not embarrassed of and best of all it is so simple and low maintanance. One bottle lasts a long time (read the pamphlet that comes in the packaging..very informative material..seriously!), even the mini Formula 2 bottle. I love this stuff, I can't do without it.

on 1/6/2013 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

After going through about 5 bottles of Nailtiques Formula 2 over a couple years using on and off, I have finally surrendered to the fact that it makes my nails worse! I have thin, bendy nails that peel a lot in cold weather. I kept wanting it to do its trick, but my nails became even MORE brittle and soft! I'd put it on religiously every day for a week and it would PEEL off so fast! I'd remove it, then start again, and WOW! 5 bottles later I finally gave up!!!
Also, the polish gets thick very quickly, and the top separates from the brush part - on EVERY bottle I bought!
Every time I took a break from it, my nails would get better! Will keep looking for a good nail strengthener!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My nails were thin, soft, and bendable....no nail length at all. I have been using Nailtiques 2 Plus for about 2 weeks and they are starting to grow past the tips of my fingers! I will post pictures later, I have a Before Picture...will add an After picture later.

This stuff works wonders and is as good as everyone says it is!

One thing I will say, I tried the Nailtiques nail lacquer and was not impressed. I used the Plus 2 formula as a base coat, used two coats of the lacquer, and then Seche Vite top coat. The nail polish chipped within a day and the vinyl-like protection to my nails peeled off in the shower like a heavy layer of plastic.

Once my nails are grown out to a good length I will just go back to regular nail polish.

This strengthening formula really does work!!

on 11/4/2012 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

it really make your nail stonger...but the bottle is hard to use.. a lot left at the end which can't use and got wasted..

on 9/13/2012 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Wow. I was ready to give up on my nails--they peeled, cracked and chipped. Flat out would not grow. As a last resort, I tried this. It takes a while, 3-4 weeks, but my gosh, worth the wait. I have nails I need to cut, and the demarcation between bed and tip is clear, whereas before the demarcation was blurred due to the excessive peeling. I try to put it on every day for 7 days. The formaldehyde worried me, that my nails would get brittle, and they don't. I do not find it excessively peels off my nail. The look is that of clear polish, very nice. I will use it as a base coat under polish when I start wearing it again.

it seems to be helping the cracked nail (length-wise split) sustained in a car door slam a few years back. ( I still need to glue the free end a bit.) but I was so tired of gel-ling this single nail. this may help me to finally have 10 long-ish nails.

It does thicken up, so it's good it's only 1/4 oz. $9.99, in CVS or Ulta.

on 7/7/2012 9:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I've only been using this for one week plus and seem to work. My nails are stronger and harder. I used to have soft, peeling nails that crack before they grow out from the nail bed. This is the only nail treatment that does that!! Hope it'll keep working for me.

Popular Treatments