April 17, 2014 | 1704 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by ShiverWithAntici

As others have stated, this product is very gimmicky. It's fun, don't get me wrong, but a little difficult to use, as it takes work to break up the chunks and build a good lather. Sometimes small chunks of it will slip away from you and land on the shower floor, which is rather annoying and wasteful.
Like the You Snap The Whip Body Butter, this smells of root beer with a splash of cherry soda, in my opinion, but doesn't have the mineral overtone that the body butter has. The scent is much more pure. Unfortunately, the scent isn't very strong (I have found this to be the case with every LUSH shower gel that I've tried). I realize that highly fragrant shower products are not ideal for my skin, but when I'm in the mood for something fragrant, I really want to be able to smell it, otherwise, what's the point?? I'm currently living in a dorm and there are shower stalls right next to each other. I was taking a shower this evening and could smell this product as I was using it. But as soon as another girl began taking a shower, I couldn't smell this AT ALL! The fragrance was completely overtaken by whatever coconutty body wash she was using, which, as it happens, smelled good, and I will bet cost her less money. Not surprisingly, the scent doesn't linger on your skin. So yeah, I can't say I'm impressed. I'm glad I only purchased a small container of this.

I haven't tried putting it in the freezer yet, which sounds like a nice idea for the summer. I might repurchase this or another shower jelly at that time and give it a try, since the price of the shower jellies is slightly more reasonable than the shower gels.

Overall, I don't recommend this product too highly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by LameAssCatLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my 2nd favorite product from LUSH. Whoosh is my #1! :)

Not so sure what the glitter is for, but I still like it!

I cut this into cubes so I'm not fumbling around in the shower, trying to squeeze off a piece to smash into my loofa!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2011 7:45:00 AM More reviews by kbur084

Too difficult to use as an everyday body wash and the smell is kind of useless if it only lasts for the minute you are using it to wash youreself... i dont ask for much with the smell other than i like to smell nice after initially getting out of the shower just so i feel "clean". But no. It might as well be unscented. It is the coolest looking thing i have seen in lush though, i love how it has glitter through it even though i usually cringe at having glitter on anything (it just seems tacky to me 90% of the time). I eventually gave up trying to wash myself with this as it didnt seem to lather very well with my loofah (i blame my loofah though, not the jelly as it lathered in my hair just fine) and i just used it to wash my hair. My hair does smell faintly of sweetie pie which is a plus, my hair wasnt dried out by it either it actually feels pretty softer than usual which is another plus buttt its also too hard to wash my hair with it because i found the chunks of jelly i was putting in my hair kept falling out >:(. so its basicly very difficult to use, and if youre using it as a body wash the smell doesnt last very long at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by rchiariello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the first Lush product I have ever purchased, so feel free to take this review with a grain of salt. This is a fun product and I probably would repurchase, but it doesn't clean my skin any better than a cheap-o body wash. This is basically just a gimmicky, although still neat, product. I keep mine in the freezer and take it out before each shower. I dig a small chunk (probably more than really necessary) and fold it into my mesh "pouf" sponge and just rub the sponge all over like normal. This lathers pretty well and although there is glitter in the jelly, it does not really transfer to the skin. I have found this jelly to be a bit drying, but my skin is dry to begin with. Oh, and I wouldn't really worry about the expiration date too much. Mine is about a month past the date and it still looks and smells the same (maybe because I keep it in the freezer when not it use). Fun little product that actually lasts many many showers.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by anjalisharma

I don't care for it much. It does nothing special for my skin. The smell doesn't really linger on that much either. For the price and the brand, it's not worth it. Won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink550

I LOVE the smell of this product! It is like purple sparkle jelly that smells like fruit! :) I just wish the smell lasted :(

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i bought a big jar of this simply to wash my hair with since i love the smell and was hoping it would linger on my hair (i mean, that would be totally awesome right lol). well i dont think i need to commend on how great the smell is (smells exactly like the comforter bubble bar and you snap the whip body butter) and it has sparkles in it, yay! it lathers up well when i use it in a shower puff however for some reasons it doesnt really lather up on my hair regardless how soggy my hair is. it sort of feels like it doesnt cleanse my hair properly however i must admit that i do an oil treatment everytime i wash my hair. so it feels like it doesnt lather up and it doesnt get rid of the oil properly plus it just crumbles into pieces and i have to use a lot of it. its pretty cheap for a lush item however i just dont think it works well for a shampoo for my long hair which is what i bought it for in the first place. i havent really noticed any hair-softening effects either like some reviewers have mentioned but im going to try it again the next time i wash my hair just for the hell of it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 6:02:00 AM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the coolest thing ever. its a fun jelly in a small travel and eco friendly jar. you just rub the luffa on top while its still in the jar and it makes tons of suds for how long it lasts the price is great and its vegan.

Update..... I noticed the lid said you can use this as shampoo so I did by rubbing my hair directly in the pot. It lathered really well but I didnt think it would do much for my hair especially without cond. Holy cow this left my hair incredibly soft and shiny. I am blown away I love this product 10 x more now. Go try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by love4lacquer

I got this item in one of the LUSH gift boxes (so I can't really determine the price..) and really like it.

I enjoy the texture, its fun to use. I put it on a loofah in the shower. It smells incredible while using, unfortunately it doesn't last long afterwards like I wish it would.

It does leave me feeling clean, which I look for in shower/bath products.

As I said, the smell is amazing, but I do recognize it can be too sweet for some tastes (not mine for sure!) so it is all relevant to perosnal preference.

I would buy again when I finish my jar (great packaging btw). Yum!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 7:59:00 AM More reviews by belleringer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

on my third jar of sweetie pie!! the big jar too i might add :) this stuff smells like soft sweet black currants, and looks so pretty in the the clear jars with the glitter swirled on in there (no glitter remains on you though ^.^) it lathers well and doesn't upset my skin which is prone to getting that dodgy hideous rash from sensitivity issues which has barred me from all drugstore/supermarket body washes... i adore this little pot of purple magic. cant imagine my day starting without it, especially in the dreary tones of winter when something chirpy and cheerful is needed for those 6 o'clock wake ups in the bitter cold. price is somewhat reasonable from what i remember and id recommend it to people with a tooth for blackcurrant pastel lollies :)