October 31, 2014 | 1583 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by TheMoonBunny

While my fiance & I enjoyed the sweet smell of this solid shower gel, we both were annoyed with its jiggly consistency. It's difficult to break off a piece to use on a loofah or even to hold the whole thing in your hand. I feel like half of the container went down the drain, so it wasn't very economical for us. I wouldn't buy any of the jellies again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by ceejoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because I love the smell but it doesn't seem to linger at all. I'm also sick and tired of most of this slippery jelly ending up on the floor of my shower. I'm really not sure what they intended with this product. How are you supposed to use it? Breaking a little off at a time is really difficult and the chances of managing to lathers it up before it slips through your fingers is slim.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received this product in a swap, and I'm glad I did--I think I'd be irritated if I'd paid for it. It's like rubber soap--or really tough chunks of Jell-O--in a tub, which makes it very difficult to use. First you have to break off a chunk (I usually need to dig my nails into it to break a bit off), then squish it into a Buf-Puf body sponge or, even better, a Salux washcloth. Even then, chunks break off and end up in the bottom of the shower. That having been said, though, I do love the berry-currant scent and how soft it leaves my skin. But despite that, I won't purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love the scent of this, but I have yet to master not losing chunks of this when I break it off and try to make lather on my washcloth. I do not use shower poofs because it is hard to track how long you have used one for. I will keep trying. I did drop this in the tub, yuk...now I want to use this up simply so it does not harbor bacteria. I should store it in the fridge.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2012 7:10:00 AM More reviews by beautyaddict96

First off, this smells very sweet.I liked it at first, but it's not fruity or "yummy" smelling in any way. It's so overpowering.
There is no way to hold on to this. It's so slippery, it just kept falling out of my hands over and over and over again. SO annoying.
It doesn't lathe up nicely, and it DEFINITELY doesn't get me clean.
It was nearly $7 for such a small tub. I gave it to my 7 year old sister. She had fun with it.
Yes it seems interesting and fun. It is in no way practical. I will not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by patty88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Am not feeling this much. Although the smell is nice and it's very refreshing to use a piece of it from the fridge (where I store it), and it's nice to use with a cold shower in hot weather, the nature of it makes the jelly slip all over the place. Even mushing it onto my sponge which has a deep indentation in the middle to hold gels, it will still slip off. That leads to alot of waste. Won't be getting it again. I got this one in one of the gift sets anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by MissJenn909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! It is the second shower jelly that I have used (The Joy Of Jelly was my first). I love the scent, it smells like sour blackcurrants and sour cherries though Lush say that it also contains coconut and bergamont. It is really fruity and lovely. It kind of smells like a sour version of The Comforter. I think it is my favourite shower jelly. The scent lingered on my skin and I was also really suprised at how soft it left my skin. I was amazed, I didn't even want to moisturise because my skin was so soft (but I did! Haha). I use this by breaking off a little bit of the jelly by scooping it up with a plastic spoon and then breaking it up on my sponge and in my hands and it creates a LOT of lather which I love!! It is an amazing product and I would reccommend it to anyone! :D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by ShiverWithAntici

As others have stated, this product is very gimmicky. It's fun, don't get me wrong, but a little difficult to use, as it takes work to break up the chunks and build a good lather. Sometimes small chunks of it will slip away from you and land on the shower floor, which is rather annoying and wasteful.
Like the You Snap The Whip Body Butter, this smells of root beer with a splash of cherry soda, in my opinion, but doesn't have the mineral overtone that the body butter has. The scent is much more pure. Unfortunately, the scent isn't very strong (I have found this to be the case with every LUSH shower gel that I've tried). I realize that highly fragrant shower products are not ideal for my skin, but when I'm in the mood for something fragrant, I really want to be able to smell it, otherwise, what's the point?? I'm currently living in a dorm and there are shower stalls right next to each other. I was taking a shower this evening and could smell this product as I was using it. But as soon as another girl began taking a shower, I couldn't smell this AT ALL! The fragrance was completely overtaken by whatever coconutty body wash she was using, which, as it happens, smelled good, and I will bet cost her less money. Not surprisingly, the scent doesn't linger on your skin. So yeah, I can't say I'm impressed. I'm glad I only purchased a small container of this.

I haven't tried putting it in the freezer yet, which sounds like a nice idea for the summer. I might repurchase this or another shower jelly at that time and give it a try, since the price of the shower jellies is slightly more reasonable than the shower gels.

Overall, I don't recommend this product too highly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by LameAssCatLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my 2nd favorite product from LUSH. Whoosh is my #1! :)

Not so sure what the glitter is for, but I still like it!

I cut this into cubes so I'm not fumbling around in the shower, trying to squeeze off a piece to smash into my loofa!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2011 7:45:00 AM More reviews by kbur084

Too difficult to use as an everyday body wash and the smell is kind of useless if it only lasts for the minute you are using it to wash youreself... i dont ask for much with the smell other than i like to smell nice after initially getting out of the shower just so i feel "clean". But no. It might as well be unscented. It is the coolest looking thing i have seen in lush though, i love how it has glitter through it even though i usually cringe at having glitter on anything (it just seems tacky to me 90% of the time). I eventually gave up trying to wash myself with this as it didnt seem to lather very well with my loofah (i blame my loofah though, not the jelly as it lathered in my hair just fine) and i just used it to wash my hair. My hair does smell faintly of sweetie pie which is a plus, my hair wasnt dried out by it either it actually feels pretty softer than usual which is another plus buttt its also too hard to wash my hair with it because i found the chunks of jelly i was putting in my hair kept falling out >:(. so its basicly very difficult to use, and if youre using it as a body wash the smell doesnt last very long at all.