October 25, 2014 | 1753 users online

Scrubs - Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) - Micro Polish Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 3:03:00 AM More reviews by DandelionMama

Add me to the chorus- this is the best manual exfoliator ever. Originally I bought the sample size, and even that tiny jar worked wonders on my skin. Now I have the large jar, and expect it to last a long time, as all the MUAC products I've tried do. The packaging is not flashy, just like their peels, but the product is stellar.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by marley100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I almost didn't buy this Micro Polish Cream because I thought tiny granules might mean it would be ineffective. But it's amazing. Really strong, if you want it to be--if you scrub hard--but more gentle, if you're more gentle. Best face scrub I've ever used. The only thing I don't like is that it contains methyl- and propyl-paraben and dimethicone.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by dalala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this exfoliator for about 6 months, 2 times a week, and I feel it is even gentle enough to use more often than that. I do not really see it lightening my red marks from past pimples, but it does make my skin very smooth and flake free the morning after. I also like that there are no unnecessary ingredients that can irritate the skin. i used to use Olay's Peel and scrub every once in a while, but it broke me out every time, so i switched to this, and it has given me no problems, so I will continue to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by janetrachel75

I really like this product overall. It does a great job of exfoliation. The granules are really fine and don't hurt my skin. My face feels super soft after using. I don't care for the smell, so I took off one lippie. It's kind-of sickly sweet, but it fades quickly. Ultimately, I really like the job it does, so I will repurchase for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by minc

Best. Scrub. Ever. I've been using this for several months, once per week, and I love the results! My skin is much smoother. Bye-bye wintertime flakies.

This scrub is super fine, like the tiniest granules of sand, but gentle. I wet my face and then pat dry before going all over in a circular motion with my fingertips for about 2 minutes. Next, I simply rinse, rinse, rinse with cool water.

I love MUAC packaging. It's NO frills and allows you to scoop-out every last bit of product. Perfect design, if you ask me.

This product is not exactly like a microderm treatment, but over time I have achieved smoother skin and fewer breakouts from weekly applications of this micro polish. It's a Holy Grail product for me. No question. You can get a sample for about $2. Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by pattytumenas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best exfoliator ever!!! Its amazing like noting else I have ever found. I have used Microdelivery from Philosophy, St Ives, Proactiv and this beats them by a mile. Go gentle-this stuff is powerful-do not use too much you only need a little bit for your face. It is helping even my skin tone and evening out my skin as a treat my melasma and acne. It is good to use a day before or a few days after a peel if you get little flakies.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by ostamos

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best scrub I have ever used. You don't even need to use a lot. I agree with the other reviewer that there is no product like this on the market at the department, drugstores or Sally's. Save your money go on Makeup Artists Choice and get this when you run out of your facial scrub.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2009 10:39:00 AM More reviews by nata1970

This is a good product. Just the right consistency. P8N8 scrub has similar fine bids like in this polish cream, however the P8N8 product feels more dry on the skin. This cream does perfect job exfoliating. However, it goes bad very quickly. I guess bcs of the packaging. I found Dermologica scrubs do better job with much better packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Hannahawesome

I loooove this. I love almost everything MUAC. This works really well and is well worth the price. I also love that it has ingredients to lighten/brighten skin tones, too. I'm using this in conjunction with their skin bleaching gel and lactc c cleansing scrub, and my results are amazing. Really evens out skin tone and is even lightening up my stubborn acne marks. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2009 11:53:00 AM More reviews by auntnett

I decided to try this based on the reviews here, although I've pretty much given up on scrubs for the past 10 years or so because use of them and exfoliating puffs had caused me to have a lot of broken capillaries. Admittedly, this is at least partly because of my overenthusastic use of them in trying to remove flaking caused by my seborrheic dermatitis before I knew that that was my problem. This sounded as if it was really finely textured, so I thought it might be more gentle if I was careful.

That is exactly what I found - it is exceptionally fine except for the larger green particles of licorice and mulberry, and they're large enough and widely dispersed enough that I can somewhat avoid them. That said, they don't feel scratchy as long as I am rubbing very gently - nothing like the apricot kernel scrubs, etc. of the past.

This scrub leaves my skins feeling and looking exceptionally smooth and deflaked but not too stripped, although I do have to be sure to moisture soon afterwards.

A cautionary note, when you think you have it rinsed off, rinse some more - I looked in a 8X magnifying mirror right after using it and could see some trace bits of the fine polish granules in the creases at the sides of my nose and a couple of other places, although it felt well-rinsed.

I've only used the scrub 3-4 times, but so far it's all good. Like all MUAC products, you won't like it if you like fancy packaging. It's a small, plain jar that seems expensive for $21, but it takes so little at a time, that that jar should last a good long while.