Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Multipurpose dry oil)

4.2

Isopropyl Isostearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Corylus Avellana Nut Oil/Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Borago Officinale Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinale (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool [N1005/D]

on 7/22/2014 10:59:00 AM

I don't want to knock the ratings to this product down so I'm giving it a 4 because as far as moisturizing goes it does a decent job and its not iritating. I can't stand the smell though so i can only tolerate it at night under my nightcream, and due to scent I haven't tried using it on my body or hair. Its a pretty big size bottle and its already lasted me over 4 month without being even half empty so if you like the scent I think it's a pretty good investment. If you are like me however,make sure to sniff it before buying.

I coveted this for a while before I finally bought it. It is definitely a high-end product. The packaging is very pretty and elegant. It also smells very good, and it's a subtle aroma. (I also bought Lierac's oil in my oil-buying frenzy; I like the smell of this much better.) I haven't had any trouble with it bothering my somewhat-sensitive, prone-to-redness skin anywhere I've put it. However, I also bought Caudalie's dry oil, and I liked it better than the Nuxe version. Caudalie's little bottle is only $9 at Sephora, and I love it. I like the spray bottle dispenser a lot better than Nuxe's non-spray version. This is nice stuff, though. Between Caudalie, Lierac, and Nuxe, I really love French skincare. :-)
(I didn't care for the quite strong smell of the Lierac oil...but it did make the skin on my face look great.)

on 7/15/2014 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have been using this product (and its twin with golden shimmer) for nearly 20 years. Its my HG staple oil and nothing compares to it. Its wonderful for the skin and hair, and I love the smell. No, Its not cheap ($45 for the regular dry oil and $58 for the gold), but its totally worth every penny.

If you have never tried this run and do so stat! Its amazing.

This is a beautiful product. I have never had loyalty to an oil. This smells like luxury and works like a dream, highly recommended.

a very good product i prefer it like night cream for my face!!!

on 5/20/2014 10:57:00 AM

Wonderful - I'm sure the scent is not for everyone but I absolutely love it.Everything about this product feels really luxe and expensive considering its price point.
Non greasy, fast absorbing on the skin. I use it in my hair with deep conditioning treatments as an extra boost. It's a bit like a hot oil as I run the hot tap for a minute over a small sample bottle before applying to ends of my hair.

I ordered from the UK using the Nuxe website - really quick and secure delivery and lots of free mini samples.

on 5/20/2014 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

Those with sensitive skin, beware! I tried out a small sample packet and had my eczema flare right up on my cheek within a couple of days. Otherwise it felt great and I didn't mind the smell (but was only using it at night).

on 4/28/2014 12:11:00 PM

I adore, adore, adore the scent and texture of this dry oil. It's an elegant, warm floral with jasmine, and my skin just drinks it up. The spray bottle is genius -- it puts out a fine mist that you just want to walk through. I massage three spritzes on my shoulders and decolletage and then run my palms over my hair to smooth away frizz.

At a Parisian pharmacie, I paid 19 (about $26 USD) for a 100g special edition black bottle featuring a gold drawing of a woman in a sundress and floppy hat.

on 2/20/2014 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

It doesn't get better than this!
Truly lives up to all its claims, at least for me it does. Love it in summer over my tan and love it in winter on dry skin. The scent is light. It does not linger, though I've read the reviews of others who write it does, however, with me this is not the case. I only wish it did because I find myself at times applying it for its fragrance. Hopefully its perfume version will become more readily available in the US in near future.
I sometimes wear it alone on my lips or a dab over lip color for a naturally looking sheen, not over the top shine which is fine for the younger set but not someone over 40. It's great on its own all over my face and neck as it is quickly absorbed, leaving me with a nice velvety feel. I also smooth it on lightly over a few strands of hair for its beautifully reflective effects.
It's a wonderful product, truly prodigious!

on 2/13/2014 12:03:00 PM

I have both the regular and the gold one and I *think* I like the regular one best, although the gold shimmer is nice on a summer evening.

It makes my skin feel so soft. The smell is divine. I like to apply this before crawling into bed. It feels so luxurious. Wonderful, wonderful product that really does deserve the hype.