October 26, 2014 | 875 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nuxe - Huile Prodigieuse (Multipurpose dry oil)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I finally bought this oil after having seen it in the old BlissLabs catalogs for years. I didn't really need it but I've wanted it for years because it looked so luxurious and fancy.

This is a nice product, especially if you like dry oils. While this works well on skin, I find it works better as a hair oil. My hair is naturally very curly, frizzy, thick but very fine. I straighten it often which is quite drying so I always need something to smooth out the inevitable frizzies that pop up and to add moisture. So many hair oils either leave my hair too oily or don't do much at all. The Nuxe oil sinks right and leaves my hair feeling super soft.

The only reason I took off one lippie is because I cannot abide the smell of this oil. I know loads of people think it smells divine but I just don't like it. Because of that, I limit my usage which is a shame because it is an excellent oil that moisturizes better than any other dry oil I've used before. It is somewhat expensive (I believe this retails for $30 for 3.3 oz) but I think it's well worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After showering, conditioning and detangling my hair, I add several drops to my damp hair, smoosh it through and go to bed. I wake up with frizz-free, perfectly mussed wavy hair that looks purposeful.

For reference: my hair is thick - fine in texture - naturally wavy/curly - color-treated.

I think it smells divine, and yes there are many oils that are cheaper from the health-food store that do work nicely, but I tend to treat my skin and hair delicately, so I prefer to spend a bit more and spoil myself. Also, I find that this doesn't leave me overtly greasy, and it doubles as a nice body moisturizer when I travel.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by mmehart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been an addict of this oil, and the one with the bronzing flecks, for years. I wear this every single day and especially when I go out at night with bare legs. It is gorgeous on the skin and the smell is amazing. Works really well for me. Even my 3-year old daughter loves it and asks when she will be old enough to wear lots of it like me!

I've never used it in my hair and i have coarse, curly dark hair.

Here in France we have the parfum as well, this makes such a luxurious ritual in the mornings or before a night out :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by an0uck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm writing this review for Prodigieuse as a HAIR oil, because that it primarily what I had bought it for. I've tried skin oils with a good result, so I wanted a nice hair oil. Bought the 50ml original version for AU $28.

Hair type:
Normal to dry in winter, very fine, affected by humidity, not using any other products whilst I try this (except for my shampoo, which has less than 10 ingredients and is natural)

Trialling:
- First tried this on my dry hair. 3-4 drops only, massaged between my palms. However, I ended up with a huge greaseball. My hair is very fine, but I had thought with the 'dry' aspect of the oil, would not be a problem. It really did not seem to be working, and was really hard to distribute through the ends of my hair (even with a fine comb).

- Then tried this on hair after it had been washed and towel dried. Seemed to work much better for me. Again, I only used about 3-4 drops and combed it through. However, after my hair had completely dried, although it didn't feel greasy, my hair was quite lank.

Results:
Does make my hair softer, but only for the day after using. Also makes my hair puffy, which is unwanted - was really hoping this could combat humidity and it doesn't for me.

Packaging:
The 50ml version doesn't come with a spray, which does make it harder to distribute the product. But really the bottle is great, much nicer glass than unenvironmental plastic. Stopper on bottle prevents oil from leaking so I've never had problems with it.

Size/Value:
Glad I got the 50ml, because I can see that by just using less than 5 drops at a time, this will last me a while. I would have trialled the mini sample bottle if I had a chance though. I didn't think this was that expensive compared to other hyped oils, so I would suggest at least giving it a try.

Overall:
Want to see if it will work like a hair mask before shampooing. But overall it hasn't really worked for what I wanted. I can feel that it makes my hands soft when I apply it to my hair, so I don't think this is wasted. Because it hasn't worked for me on hair, I am going to try it on legs for a bit of 'glow' when I go out. I am a bit disappointed that it didn't work, but am going to keep trying this and update if I find any useful method. Obviously having fine hair it was always going to be uncertain if this worked, but I did have some hopes for it as a dry oil. I may have to try something specific to hair, so if anyone has any reccommendations, let me know. I would tentatively buy this again at the moment, but this might change with an update.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Emmulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I have tried many other oil sprays, dry oil sprays, etc.
I've tried things made especially for the body, especially for dry skin, especially for hair — none work as well as this multi-usage dry oil. Really. I have been repurchasing this for a while, and this is amazing. I have very dry skin and eczema, and I barely need to use any of this to make my skin feel hydrated and awesome. I really like it. I also use it on my hair; however, I'd recommend using it on very dry hair that needs a boost, or on your hair when it's wet/damp, after a shower — that way, your hair won't be terribly oily.

It's amazing, I am absolutely enamoured by this product. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I love how this smells! I wish there was a matching perfume oil or something like that. I know in France there is a Parfum available but haven't seen it in US or Canada yet. The scent of the oil is warm, sophisticated, floral-y (like camellia, gardenia and jasmine) but not cloying and unfortunately the scent doesn't really last past 30-60 minutes. Although maybe that's a good thing if you are sensitive to scent. It soaks right in and leaves skin and hair soft without any gross greasy feel. A little bit really does go a long way!

I use a few drops in my hair after I shampoo, as a leave in. Or on my legs/arms in the summer mixed with some shimmery bronzer stuff. Or as an after-bath oil. Pretty much anywhere for anything. The bottle is on the small side but this really does last forever. I had the large bottle and now using the smaller 50 mL and have had it for months. The only downside is my larger bottle came with the spray top so you can mist it on your hair or skin but the smaller one you just pour out. I'm not sure if it's still sold this way, but regardless it's a lovely product.

I've heard lots of people use it to: mix with foundation instead of tinted moisturiser for glow-y skin, as a facial oil, massage, for dry cuticles, for scalp massage, etc etc . .. I don't think it is super moisturising if you have severely dry skin though, you will probably need a lotion or body butter on top.

Would recommend this to anyone if it's in your budget.. Realistically you can use just about any oil and get these same benefits - jojoba oil, argan oil etc. However I do love the scent and since the majority of fragrances give me migraines I feel this is one of those "treat" products for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A great face oil. I love face and body oils.

I got into the face oils with Josie Maran Argan, and then I bought this. I love both.

Noticed this oil is mostly Jojoba oil, Safflower Oil and Vitamin E with perfumes. Can buy for much much less than purchasing the NUXE brand.

Will use what I have, and then mix my own

Right now I have a good selection of oils, Argan, Emu, Rosehip, pure aloe vera, and the NUXE all which hydrate my face and hands, some act as serums others as fantastic moisturizers.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 5:59:00 AM More reviews by samm23

I put this product on this morning, 12 hours later as I'm writing this review I can still smell the fragrance of the oil on my skin, lovely and subtle. I have been using this oil for about 4 months and I really do like it. This is the first bottle I have ever purchased ah the joys of internet shopping and reasonable international postage ! I have used dry oils in the past , Neutrogena being one and this product is by far my favourite. I adore the smell , I love how its glides onto the skin and soaks in without leaving any residue . I spray it into my body lotions for a extra bit of humph and spray it directly onto my skin and it doubles as a lovely fragrance. The effects last all day , for me anyway , and I have had no reactions what so ever. I have sprayed into my hands , a kind of half squirt and then run my hands through the bottom part of my hair, just to see how it was. Not bad, wouldn't say its on par with any of my actual hair products but the smell was nice. I'm not convinced I would put it on my face but saying that I have patted my hands onto my face (we have just gone through winter) after I have rubbed oil onto my arms , legs etc. I opted for the larger bottle with the spray pump and have found it easy to use, please note the smaller bottles you pour out the oil, it might not be as practical or economical I have been using this daily and I'm about one third way through so I have found this to be very good value actually. I also bought a hand cream so will make sure I write a review for that too. I would recommend this and it will certainly be a gift from me to some friends who I know will love it. It is a lovely product , leaves your skin supple and soft and personally I'm in the camp that loves the smell . This will defiantly be a repurchase and yes I would recommend. I see this product lasting about 12 months after essentially daily use, you really do not need much, so good value .Its a bit of luxury and in my experience a product that does what it says it does.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Malika1380

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Smells lovely but I have to be honest if the smell wasn't as lovely as it is I'm not sure what else there is. It doesn't work Miracles for my hair or skin but at the same time does make them both soft but so would olive oil so save your money people

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by Ctarrant

Love this oil. It is luxurious and soaks in fast. It leaves my skin with a delicate scent which I love. Alot of scents can trigger a migraine for me, and I was concerned that this might as it was a new scent and can smell quite strong when you spray it first, but its a very delicate scent when you apply it to your skin. I generally wouldnt wear perfume on a day I have applied this oil as you wouldnt need one.

It's also great in your hair to calm and smooth it - just one little squirt into your fingers and then rub it through the lengths of your hair.

Overall I love it. Its a luxurious pampering treat. The only down side is while it is moisturising, it is probably not the most mega moisturising thing ever, and so for my legs which can be quite dry I find I have to use a good amount of it there.