Mavala Nail Hardener

4.5

Water, Formaldehyde, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Chamomile Extract, Garlic Extract, Cocamide DEA, Pine Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Lemon Oil, FD&C Blue #

on 1/25/2013 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This product REALLY works!!

And it is the only thing that ever worked for me.
I am 51 years old and beautiful nails were just an item that I could admire on other female. Mine were paper thin and were splitting so much that they never grew. I always hated my hands.

Then I volunteered at an elderly home where I would do the nails for the ladies. Short story... I was soon browsing on the internet trying to find nail art to do on my new girlfriends nails to impress them.

And I came upon this website
www.nail-art.fr/

This young lady
(tartofraises , she as an English link to you tube)
is AMAZINGLY talented and she recommended Mavala on her nail grooming videos.

Mavala absolutely changed my life within 3 weeks!
I used it everyday for 10 days then twice a week.
I ordered it from Ebay.

I now own 110 different nail polish colors, I ordered nail art tools, water decals, stickers... from Ebay ( the cheapest).

Now people ask me if I have fake nails (even my sisters can't believe the results).

BUY Mavala scientific nail hardener, but it is very important that you read forums on how to use this product.

It should never touch the skin around your nails
(I use a small nail art brush and I apply Vaseline around my nails)
you should never apply it to the base of the nails, never apply it under your nails. etc

Don't over do it with Mavala, your nails will become too dry and too hard and they will brake. It is a bit drying, so I apply a nail cuticle every night ( smooth trick by Esse). And I apply oil under my nails ( Sally Hansen Vitamine E oil).

Once a week I rub the Sally Hansen oil on my naked my nails and I go to bed without nail polish.

Peace, love & creativity

on 10/25/2012 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Excelent!
The price is ok, because it lasts forever. It really works. Nails are super stronger after 1 week using everyday, 2 times per day. I recomend to everyone.

on 10/9/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm in love. With this and Nail Magic. I use them together and my nails look so good, I receive tons of compliments on them--people asking if they're gel nails. What the Nail Magic couldn't quite do for my nails, Mavala has accomplished. I *may* be able to stop using the Nail Magic now...but am still a little scared to give it up. I will definitely update if I do, though.

I'm using this withOUT the Nail Magic on my thin, flimsy toenails and haven't had a single peeled or cracked toenail since I started using it! I'm stoked!

on 9/27/2012 11:24:00 AM

Very good product, it does what he promises, since i started use this treatment i do not have broken nails anymore like i used to have all the time, i am very satisfied!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the best product I've ever used for my nails. Before Mavala my nails would only grow up to 2mm of free edge. Even then, they would peel, chip, break, and bend. They were fairly weak and transparent.

I've been using this product along with Hard as Hoof for about two months and my nails look incredible. I have to keep filing them down because they get too long. I like my nails at about 2-3mm of free edge but let them get to 5mm before I filed them down.

Obviously use the product as directed and don't expect miracles without having to take care of your nails in the process. Just like anything else, it may not work for everyone, but it's worked wonders for me. I recommended it to my best friend and she's seen the same results I have so give it a try! We bought it for about $11 which is worth it considering the little bottle will last 6-12 months.

on 9/11/2012 9:31:00 PM

It damn near broke my heart when the shops in Western Australia stopped selling this stuff a number of years ago (well, at least, I could not find any that did). I eked out what little I had but ran out ages ago. A few months ago I made the mistake of having my nails shellacked which has utterly destroyed them. In desperations I googled Mavala and found where I can now buy it in WA. I am ecstatic. Healthy nails I am getting you back!

BTW, as well as using Mavala on the tips of my nails - where ever the damage is - I oil my nails using a wonderful but now no longer produced product called Organic Gold. I am looking for a good replacement. Any suggestions>

on 8/23/2012 5:31:00 PM

UPDATE: It worked, it doesnt do anything now when I tried after some time again and nothing improved...

OLD:It works. It definitely does but everyone before using it should check if you dont use nail polishes with formaldehyde and what formaldehyde is!!!!!

Its really important because you can damage terribly your nails :)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really like this product. I quite dislike the smell though. I really like that it's not a base coat or anything so it does feel like it is absorbed into your nail to do it's work. I use it every time I do my nails and my nail breakage has pretty much stopped. When I first started using it I cut my nails as short as i could to re-build them.
I put it on clean nails then rub in my strengthening hand and nail cream, and it works wonders. Worth the money.

on 6/8/2012 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

For me it's a miracle worker. I've been using it regularly 5 years now and I'm very pleased.
I just apply a little at the end of the nails 1-2 times per week and go on with my manicure. I like the fact that it's so liquidy, quickly absorbed and you can't tell there's a thing on. A nail can break every once in a while but nothing terrible, before this nail hardener my nails were always too soft. Worked great for my mother as well. Totally recommended!

on 4/12/2012 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

My hands and natural nails are very important to me. I feel you can tell a lot by a person by looking at their nails. Intially I followed the directions by applying it twice per week. After 1 month of doing that one by one my nails slowly started to chip. I'm not one to give up, so I filed all of my nails down and started from scratch. After the white tips started to appear, I used a tiny amount on that section twice a month.

That was about 4 months ago, now my nails are looking wonderful and just in time for spring! My nails do not break. These days I'm only using it as needed. For the very first time in my life all of my nails are the same length and I am able to grow out my nails and shape them as I want.

I should also note that I use a hydrating base coat after using this product and Badger Cuticle Care Treatment 2 - 3 times per day on my cuticle and into my nails to keep my nails hydrated. From what I read it can dry out your nails which can cause them to eventually break. I believe this is what happened to my natural nails the first go around.

The key with this product IMO is to use a little of the product just on the tips, OBSERVE your nails and make adjustments as needed. If they are getting too hard, take a break or cut back the frequency of use. If they are still too soft, bump up the frequency. I've even found that I've had to use the product more on my middle and index fingers since they used to break the most, while leaving the other fingers alone.

I am in love with this product and this item has become a regular part of my beauty routine. :-)

Popular Treatments