September 17, 2014 | 1971 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous-- Raspberry Bite

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 5:48:00 AM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Other people have described the color, formula, texture etc. so I will just go straight to how this works for me, pale, cool complexion, ash blonde hair, blue/grey eyes.

It goes on bright raspberry with a hint of fuschia. I don't like how it looks on its own initially but blotted it looks nice with a little gloss on top. Doesn't bleed as long as you line your lips beforehand.

But it has a magenta hue to it that makes ALL my imperfections stand out, so I really have to have flawless skin when I wear this. I know that goes for most bluish pink-toned lipsticks, but it is particularly the case with this lippie for me.

Would probably not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Utterly gorgeous deep rich dark pink. I have picked up & put down this lipstick so many times and I finally kept it! It's an attention-getter, but sophisticated, not shocking. Revlon's usual excellent SuperLustrous quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 6:56:00 AM More reviews by ohhellojanie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I originally picked up Cherries in the Snow but that was way too bright and clownish on me. I wanted a bright but still classy, intense raspberry color. I exchanged CitS for this one, and it's the perfect thing! Definitely not burgundy, and not a red, but a gorgeous true raspberry. It's cool-toned but it still suits my NC20-25 complexion. The formula is very creamy when applied but it's not slippery on the lips; in fact it dries to a semi-matte finish on me (I like to apply it without balm or gloss though as I like matte lips). I wore it out last weekend and it stayed evenly distributed and non-smudged through an order of fries and several drinks. I didn't wear any lipliner either. This lipstick also works great as a raspberry stain, in fact after coming home that night and washing my face before bed, I found that as much as I tried I wasn't able to remove the color completely and was left with pink-tinged lips for the next day!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by barbieismetal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a dark raspberry lipstick on me , it looks soo gorgeous. Its moisturizing feels good on my lips and wont bleed as long as i wear a lipliner

It also looks beautiful blotted down to a nice raspberry stain .. very Snow White on my really fair skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by angelixia07

This lipstick is a dark but bright pinky plum color that applies much lighter than the lipstick looks. Its a It doesn't work too well with my skin tone because I have a yellow base going on with my light tan and this has a strong pink base to it that sort of clashes. The color is buildable and you can get it to a pretty dark plum with a couple of layers and the stay power is very good it even has a stain effect to it that after I wipe it off there is still a visible hint of the color. The lipstick itself is very creamy and applies nicely and I think the packaging of these super lustrous lipsticks are very nice probably my favorite of all the drugstore brands its simple and classy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This color is amazing. The texture is smooth as butter and yet wears for hours leaving a tint of fuscia berry on your lips.

I have three back ups of this lippie -- one for me and two for client use.

There is no other color like it -- and trust me, I do know my dupes.

try it as a lipstick, try it as a stain, try it as a stain with gloss on top.. you will fall in love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 8:35:00 PM More reviews by kinkaju

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am SO happy I stumbled upon this color! I was looking for a blue-toned red. In the tube, Raspberry Bite looks like a dark burgundy and I did not want a brick/orange burgundy. But the label on the bottom of the tube did not look brick red and was more of a raspberry color. So, since it was a BOGO sale I decided to give Raspberry Bite a try.

I'm really glad I grabbed this one and may have found an HG status lipstick. I am fair skinned with bluish undertones. This color is a cool toned raspberry violet and ended up being really flattering to my complexion and makes my teeth seem whiter too. It's a unique color, very crisp and vivid and you can play with the application to get a variety of looks. When blotted it leaves a stain over which I apply lip balm and I get a very sheer blackberry juice color. for more dramamtic look I like to build the color and it is so unique, a vibrant color but not in a clownish way. Most often I'll apply lip balm and then gently tap or pat the flat surface of the lipstick Raspberry Bite onto my lips, building up the color to whatever I want it to be at that moment. It has a buttery shine which I like. It has seriously become by Go-To lipstick for months now. I even tried layering it with other colors, specifically Certainly Red, and it made an awesome deep red-delicious apple color.

Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks work well with me -- I have other colors in this brand and it does not smell or taste like anything and it does not make my lips tingle or peel, like many other brands do. I don't think I will bother with any other brands from now on. Lesson learned.
***UPDATE*** I've been using this lipstick almost exclusively for a while now and it just seems to be the one I always reach for. I wear it to work and when I go out. It's definitely one of the best lipsticks I have ever used and I would buy this again for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2009 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Kitty_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

[NW10/15; dark brown hair, golden brown eyes]

This is my fuscia lipstick. It's intense, extremely bold, and gets attention.

I wear a lot of bold lips (almost every day of the week) but this one takes the cake.

On me it looks best when I'm wearing black. I also avoid anything but mascara and liner (maybe a bare cool wash) because this is so intense.

All in all, it takes guts to wear this as a PPP with dark hair but it looks smashing.

One l/s removed because the wear is just average.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by californiagrown

First MUA review! I knew I just had to review this lipstick when I got it (thanks to researching on MUA first, of course) because I absolutely LOVE it! I've been searching for a red/bright lipstick for awhile and I tried Revlon Certainly Red but that was way too bright and too orange-y on me. I also tried Revlon's Mulled Wine, but again, that (deceptively) was too bright for me even though it looked like a dark red in the packaging. And then I finally found Rasberry Bite and I fell in love! It's a bright fuschia if you put it on heavily, but can also be a beautiful pink lip stain if applied lightly (I use it over my Smith's Rosebud Salve). It perfectly compliments my skin (I'm Asian, so I tan golden-brown during the summer) and because it's more on the cool side, it looks great. I got compliments all day today because it really brightened up my face and, as my friend put it, looked both "classy and fun". It was also half off at CVS, so definitely worth the price. Even at full price, I'd buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by julianacake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my go-to lipstick brand and shade. I sometimes mix it with other colors (I rarely truly wear just one shade of lipstick) and it always looks nice as a base for other mixed-in colors or worn as a sole shade. I am a very fair blonde and it tends toward a very true deep raspberry on me. The color seems to be fairly long-lasting, as well.

I apply a lip balm before lipstick (I'm liking Chap Stick's overnight lip treatment currently - which I apply during the day), so that certainly helps with this lipstick, as it is a bit dry as others have mentioned.