Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer

3.5

on 7/15/2013 10:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This product is pigmented &does a great job of concealing red spots &acne scars, but you need to build it up more to conceal acne. I don't have really bad eye circles but I still applied this under my eyes to see what difference it made, &I found that it accentuated thin lines that I never even knew I had before.

I hadn't noticed that &thought it was great at first but after a few hours, I realized how this made me look older.. ¬ in the good way ! I didn't expect this to happen because of the price &the name of it but oh well it just didn't do anything special for me. I took off an extra lippie for the price.

on 7/14/2013 8:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I was looking for a new concealer. In the beginning I was very pleased with it. It has a lovely colour and it concealed and highlighted my dark circles. But then I noticed fine lines, that I normally never see. I'm only 22, but these enhanced the very subtile lines I have that made it look like I'm way older. I will try to return this.

If you going to use it for your dark circles, I recommend you skip this one.

on 4/21/2013 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this concealer! I can't live a day without it. I have acne prone skin so i need more coverage. And it has medium to full coverage. Also it makes my lines disappear from my face. It stays all day on my face. The most important thing about this product is it makes you look so HEALTHY AND HAPPY. I sleep 4-5 hrs a day and with this concealer I just glow. And I got so many compliments when i wore this concealer.

on 4/19/2013 12:29:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a concealer that I can rely on. As with most concealer products, it does the job that you want it to do without any perks- its just a reliable product and thats it. The concealer is medium coverage but you can build it nicely to cover blemishes without creasing and cakiness. I like to apply this with my fingers to help it melt into the skin nicely as I do not find that is applies very well with a brush though a sponge works too. As with every concealer, you need to set it with powder and it will last all day.

on 3/28/2013 7:12:00 AM

Use a gentle hand-a small amount over moisturizer will not cake. I use this under eyes and on sides of nose. Been using for 5 years, no complaints.

I love this concealer for blemishes, mostly because when i break out it's not to bad. I used to use this under my eyes, but then I realized it was settling into the small lines under my eyes and in a way made me look even more tired and older, even though I'm still very young! I use this any day i have a blemish and it conceals it very nicely, however you do need powder to set it.

After reading a lot of these reviews, it sounds like I'm using a completely different product! I have super dark, hereditary circles that absolutely must be covered to avoid terrifying anyone I come across. This is the best concealer I've found so far for the job, as many of the solid pot concealers like MAC Studio Finish go on way too thick and cakey while thinner, liquidy concealers don't offer enough coverage. I have yet to experience any of the caking or line-accentuation that so many other people have with this product. With that being said, if you try to use this product completely by itself with no setting powder, it will not be effective. I use it in combination with Kat Von D tattoo concealer and Clinique translucent loose powder. First, I apply a layer of the Kat Von D concealer (something else that isn't particularly good on its own), dust a tiny bit of powder over it, then apply this concealer. Lastly, I use a fluffy brush to dust on a layer of translucent setting powder and the concealer stays put for hours. I will continue to purchase this product for as long as it's available!

on 6/19/2012 1:02:00 PM

Taking the price and the product name ("line smoothing") into account, I was expecting much more. I started using this concealer 2 years ago and I was very satisfied as it does a fine job of hiding spots,blemishes and my under-eye circles, even though it felt a little heavy. Ηowever, this year I noticed that lines under my eyes had appeared! THE HORROR!! I don't know if I can blame the concealer, but since, every single time I use it, no matter if I use a little or more, it settles into my thin lines and it looks horrible! Also, I wouldn't recommend it for the upper lid as it tends to crease. All in all, I'm very dissapointed, as it doesn't do what it is supposed to!

on 6/3/2012 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Good concealer, works good, doesnīt grease, but i donīt know, itīs just that...nothing much to add!

on 4/26/2012 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This concealer can be your best friend or your worst enemy! Apply a couple of little dots under the eyes and in that shadowy little corner between your eye and nose, blend well by tapping/smoothing with your finger - voila! Really does what it says - smooths fine lines, covers well, looks good. BUT - apply a bit too much, and it settles into EVERY line you never even knew you had and becomes truly hideous. Overall I like it and would buy it again in a pinch, although my favorite concealer remains Origins. This is a close second, though.