October 22, 2014 | 1884 users online

Concealers - Clinique - Line Smoothing Concealer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This is a concealer that I can rely on. As with most concealer products, it does the job that you want it to do without any perks- its just a reliable product and thats it. The concealer is medium coverage but you can build it nicely to cover blemishes without creasing and cakiness. I like to apply this with my fingers to help it melt into the skin nicely as I do not find that is applies very well with a brush though a sponge works too. As with every concealer, you need to set it with powder and it will last all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 7:12:00 AM More reviews by cozzoli

Use a gentle hand-a small amount over moisturizer will not cake. I use this under eyes and on sides of nose. Been using for 5 years, no complaints.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by midoriclarkbaba

I love this concealer for blemishes, mostly because when i break out it's not to bad. I used to use this under my eyes, but then I realized it was settling into the small lines under my eyes and in a way made me look even more tired and older, even though I'm still very young! I use this any day i have a blemish and it conceals it very nicely, however you do need powder to set it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by lovelyxuglypie

After reading a lot of these reviews, it sounds like I'm using a completely different product! I have super dark, hereditary circles that absolutely must be covered to avoid terrifying anyone I come across. This is the best concealer I've found so far for the job, as many of the solid pot concealers like MAC Studio Finish go on way too thick and cakey while thinner, liquidy concealers don't offer enough coverage. I have yet to experience any of the caking or line-accentuation that so many other people have with this product. With that being said, if you try to use this product completely by itself with no setting powder, it will not be effective. I use it in combination with Kat Von D tattoo concealer and Clinique translucent loose powder. First, I apply a layer of the Kat Von D concealer (something else that isn't particularly good on its own), dust a tiny bit of powder over it, then apply this concealer. Lastly, I use a fluffy brush to dust on a layer of translucent setting powder and the concealer stays put for hours. I will continue to purchase this product for as long as it's available!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by swanvic

Taking the price and the product name ("line smoothing") into account, I was expecting much more. I started using this concealer 2 years ago and I was very satisfied as it does a fine job of hiding spots,blemishes and my under-eye circles, even though it felt a little heavy. Ηowever, this year I noticed that lines under my eyes had appeared! THE HORROR!! I don't know if I can blame the concealer, but since, every single time I use it, no matter if I use a little or more, it settles into my thin lines and it looks horrible! Also, I wouldn't recommend it for the upper lid as it tends to crease. All in all, I'm very dissapointed, as it doesn't do what it is supposed to!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 8:37:00 AM More reviews by AnneMarie13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Good concealer, works good, doesnīt grease, but i donīt know, itīs just that...nothing much to add!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by VikiLyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This concealer can be your best friend or your worst enemy! Apply a couple of little dots under the eyes and in that shadowy little corner between your eye and nose, blend well by tapping/smoothing with your finger - voila! Really does what it says - smooths fine lines, covers well, looks good. BUT - apply a bit too much, and it settles into EVERY line you never even knew you had and becomes truly hideous. Overall I like it and would buy it again in a pinch, although my favorite concealer remains Origins. This is a close second, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2012 8:14:00 AM More reviews by CStarr5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It conceals flaws and sun spots very well but, it actually makes the fine lines underneath my eyes look worse than ever! It brings out fine lines that I have never noticed before! I am returning this and going back to my Avon Mark Please Hold Eye Primer/Concealer which works fantastic and only costs about $8.00.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by naziaahmed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

The concealer doesn't break me out and feels nice on the skin. Able to hide most of my acne scars with it, but it's not full coverage. Nice for the under eyes as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by sharonnn

I received this concealer as a gift so I'm not exactly sure how much it is.
This however, is one of my favourite concealers if used correctly.
If just blended with a normal concealer brush, i find that you do see it enhance lines rather than 'smooth' them.
However, if you dab it on the undereyes, slightly smooth out with the fingers or use a fluffly brush to blend it it gives an natural concealed look.