July 29, 2014 | 1928 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

I was running out of my Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser and decided to pick up more. The store was out so I decided that I would give this stuff a try. I am really into Aveeno's Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser so I figured trying another foaming cleanser from Aveeno might be a good idea. I suffer from acne, but I also have temperamental skin. I thought this ultra-calming cleanser might be nice to try for the winter time. I was sort of worried because it does not contain anything to treat acne, but I've been using it all week and it is great! It cleans well and doesn't make my face feel stripped. Gets my makeup off after about two washes and doesn't irritate my skin. I will definitely be buying this and the clear complexion cleanser in the future. Both are good products. Makes me want to try other Aveeno products. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by icallitbliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG face wash. I love it so much. It's the only thing that doesn't dry my skin out. I was using Purity by Philosophy, and that worked fine, but way too drying. This product also helps with my redness a bit, as I do have rosacea.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by riaorion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

What drew me to this product: I have sensitive skin, that has redness around my nose and my chin area; T-Zone issues that result in mild breakouts/blackheads. I have fair/light skin that's only mildly oily.

The use:
The pump pumps out this glorious, light, fluffy, bubbly cleanser. If anyone else, like myself, loves foaming/pump action products, then this is definitely nice to have. It easily foams and bubbles and is easy to continue to use on your face from the pump. After washing, my face feels fresh, soft and clean. This is usually my favorite "I'm really tired, I don't wanna wash my face!" cleanser. The calming properties of the wash also aid with my sensitive skin. Before the Boots moisturizer, I was pairing this with the Aveeno Ultra-calming moisturizer. It was a great pair. I definitely like using this cleanser. It also smells nice and lasts a good amount of time.

The pros:
Light 'n fluffy!
Smells nice
Feels nice on the skin; gives a soft clean feeling.
Not a soapy soap feeling cleanser.
Decent price, for the Aveeno line.(5-7$)

The cons:
I would appreciate if there was some kind of acne-fighting property, perhaps a witch hazel or salcylic acid, but that's alright.

Overall: A great staple for sensitive skin people, I feel. I will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

Love this simple cleanser. It's very gentle, unless you're in the category that cannot handle anything even slightly foaming. Tip: this is the EXACT same product as Clean & Clear Makeup Dissolving Foaming Cleanser; check the ingredients! So I buy either, whichever is on sale.

I use this cleanser at night to remove all my makeup. I don't experience tightness or dryness (at least, no more than my ordinary unmoisturized skin would have!) if I rinse well. Its gentleness seems to depend on application method; sometimes I like to use a facial sponge, but that's slightly abrasive, as is a washcloth. If my skin is being extra-sensitive, I'll make sure just to rinse with my hands.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by graciesooah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's an OK everyday cleanser. Doesn't help with acne, doesn't help with oil and doesn't help preventing breakouts. Although I only used this for 3 weeks- 1 month, I had to change to a different cleanser because I felt like I could be doing something good for my skin with other cleansers. I would recommend to people who are looking for a gentle, everyday cleanser or to just get rid of redness

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Yk223

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It cleans your face without giving you a tight feeling.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by slidingdoors

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After the formula was apparently changed (made harsher) of the organic liquid soap I've used for a couple of years on my face, meaning that I can no longer use it on my face or even my hands, I am having trouble this summer finding a cleanser that my skin does not react badly to.

I am not sure why products that are marketed for "sensitive" skin seem to be anything but mild and gentle -- containing fragrance, essential oils, multiple chemical preservatives, a potpourri of herbs, etc., but they often do.

I have begun to get perioral dermatitis (a red, bumpy rash about 1 inch wide around both sides of the mouth) when a product doesn't agree with me, and this usually flares up with only one exposure to the offending product.

This Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser instantly affected my skin for the worse - with one wash, my skin was dry and tight all over - even on my cheeks. The perioral dermatitis that was fading away after being caused by a different new cleanser last week flamed right back up again within 5 minutes of rinsing this cleanser off. It's a definite "no" for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by roodledoodle

Surprisingly, for a cleanser that is not meant to target acne it does a pretty good job of reducing breakouts and clearing my complexion. I have been on accutane, topical creams, etc and this has always been my go to face wash. It is great to use in combination with topical acne creams and isn't overly drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by makeupandcupcakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS MY FAVORITE CLEANSER EVER! I love it! It is calming and doesn't make my skin itch and give me acne and problems. The scent is relaxing and it really cleans my face without over cleaning. It leaves my skin my smooth and soft. If I had acne or pimple, I would use this and it would clear my skin in 3-4 days of use depending on how much acne or pimples you may have though. I really recommend this for everyone especially teens. The only thing I don't like is that sometimes the pump can get Broken and not pump anything so be careful! Overall I really like it and really recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by curlycolor

I absolutely love this stuff. I have very fair skin with slight redness, and this helps. But what I love is the convenience of the pump, and the way it makes my skin feel SO CLEAN. For those who say it doesn't clean well, keep in mind---it's a foaming cleanser, which means it contains a lot of water, just like a foaming hand soap. So if you're wearing a full face of makeup (and I usually do), this alone isn't going to be enough. To remove my makeup at night, I use coconut oil, then baby wipes, and THEN the cleanser. It's going to be the final product that gets the last bit of your makeup off. I admit sometimes I'm lazy---I skip the oil and use only baby wipes (along with eye makeup remover for mascara). The Aveeno cleanser still works just fine. And if you're using it in the morning, you need no other product.