Ardell Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

Price: $

Price: $

INGREDIENTS: Water (aqua), Paeonia Suffruticosa Extract, Panthenol, Polytetrafluoroethylene, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, VP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin

on 6/9/2012 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

First off: This is product that pushed me from appreciation to straight up gratitude towards this site. You guys have helped me find the products to make me look and feel more beautiful than ever before.

The actual product: It works great for me. My brows are filling in, my lashes are noticeably longer, and when I wear it under my mascara as a base, it honest to God looks like I'm wearing false lashes, that is the awesome effect I get (my Mascara is Cover Girl eyelights).

And the most astounding bonus is that my eyelashes seem to have started growing into a perfect arch: When I wake up first thing in the morning all groggy and my hair a mess, my eyelashes look like a professional went at them with an eyelash curler. It's amazing.

My method of appliance is as follows: I use it as a base for my mascara, applying it as I apply the regular mascara. I then style my brows with it, it's great for this. After I wash off my makeup at night, I apply it again to both brows and eyelashes, this time going a bit heavier on the lashes. I then gently wipe off any excess by just putting my finger up to my eye and blinking a couple of times - otherwise it gets in my contact lenses.

And voila! Doe-eyes 24/7!

So yeah. I don't know if it'll do the same for others, but it's my little darling, and I keep well stocked up on it.

on 5/19/2012 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I'm kind of a nervous girl, just in general. And sometimes, when life gets extra nerve-wracking, I tend to regress back to an awful old habit that I maintained during my junior year of high school: over-tweezing my eyebrows. I curse myself every time I do it, because I am well aware of the exact moment when I am just about to go beyond the point of acceptable, into crazy-looking territory. But nothing will stop me when I am in the zone.

After the massacre is complete, I will immediately face an overwhelming sea of emotions. Mostly embarrassment, coupled with regret. In the past I would just ride out the pain, but then I heard about these brow growth accelerator thingies. Honestly, I tried Ardell's first because it was the cheapest one that I could find at just over $4.00. However, I don't think I'll be trying any others because this stuff works really well. If applied every night, I'll see substantial new growth in only a few days. This product was quite the pleasant surprise, and I will definitely be repurchasing.

on 5/16/2012 7:34:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I LOVE THIS STUFF! My lashes are the typical straight sparse asian lashes that look almost invisible without mascara or falsies. At first I was skeptical to try this since it was so cheap (~$4 for a tube), but I'm so glad I did! The gel is clear and the wand is like a mascara wand. I have used this for months now and my lashes have grown noticeably thicker, more volumous and even a teensy bit longer. I hope Ardell never discontinue this product!

on 5/7/2012 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I want you to notice: different things work for different people - a product may work for you, while doing nothing for another person. I have tried several lash and brow boosters (read about Ardell further down).
Castor oil:
- did nothing for me, although some people do notice difference. It was oily and nasty to sleep with, and in the morning, my vision was blurry till I could get the oil out of my eyes.
L'Oreal lash and brow boost:
- actually worked a little bit. I didn't like the applicator and the results after about 4-5 months were quite subtle.
RapidLash:
- quite expensive. Worked - one of my friends asked if I was wearing mascara when I wasn't - before RapidLash my lashes were amost invisible, but after, they were actually black and fuller. The problem is that if you get this in the eye, it burns! It also left the area where I applied a bit red and sore, and my eyes never got used to the product.
Lipocils:
- did absolutely nothing for neither my brows or my lashes. The applicator was very difficult to work with (together with this particular product)
Bimatoprost/Careprost (0.03%):
- I really like this for my eyes because it doesn't sting and works well for me. It makes my lashes quite curly, dark and many less fall out. The downside is that it leaves a bit of pigmentation, but I personally don't have a problem with that - after using it for a while, it usually disappears on me. I also almost always wear concealer, and that fixes it while the pigmentation is there. After I stop using this, the pigmentation fades quite fast. A few people reported their iris getting darker, but I haven't noticed any darkening on my light brown eyes. I also like to use Careprost on my brows because it manages to penetrate my skin and make new hairs appear. The downside is that it's a little expensive to use in on the eyebrows.
Billion Dollar Brow:
- I see that I have gotten a lot of tiny hairs between my normal eyebrow hairs, and I have used the product for about a month. I think 1 tube (4 mL) will last me around 1.5 months, at max 2, but, right now, I think the results will be worth it. After about 3-4 months my brows have filled in nicely, but still I want more. This is a pretty good product that may be worth trying out, but I'm trying out minoxidil (Rogaine) for men on my brows next. If you want to try out BDB, remember: one tube doesn't last very long, but they often have discounts, so wait for that ;) And, this can also be used for your lashes :)
- Minoxidil/Rogaine (5%): I think it's really good, although it took some weeks to see any results. It really makes hairs grow where there weren't growing before. This doesn't mean you need to be very careful with applying this, but you probably don't want to go too too much outside where you actually want your brows to be. If you're tinting your eyebrows, wait for a day before you apply this over them as this can pull colour out of the brows if it's applied soon after. BTW: I haven't had any growth of hair any other place on my face while using this - grows only where applied. So: I do recommend this.
Now for Ardell: I bought it on sale, but it's quite cheap anyway. At first I used it on both by brows an lashes, but I'll tell about that later.
It's a slightly weird smelling gel, but nothing that really puts me off. I used it for about 5 months and the results I got was stronger, thicker brow hairs. I didn't think about it before about 3 weeks ago, but my brow-hairs were actually much softer before. I have always had sparse brows with almost no arch, but after about 5 months, I actually see that where I wanted my arch to be has filled in a bit - not quite enough, but much better than it was before. I will therefore conclude with that: Ardell made the hairs stronger, thicker and makes them grow where they did not grow before. This doesn't mean you need to be careful with it - it takes quite a long time to make hair grow where it has never grown before, and proper results will probably take quite a long time, which is the reason I stopped using this - I want to find something that works faster.
Now to WHERE I use it: only on my brows! The reason is that (this don't sting) if you get this in your eye, it will feel like you have GLUE on your eyeball - I can't describe it better, but it's VERY uncomfortable! It's quite easy to get in in your eye, because: for it to work, it needs to be applied on the skin right above your lashline. You could try to apply it with an eyeliner-brush, but it's quite hard because the product is a gel. On the contrary: it's great on the brows - a gel-texture is comfortable enough there. Spread it with your fingers after you've applied it on. BTW: this doesn't cause discolouration. I used this only at night.
Would I recommend it: yes, but ONLY if you're going to use it on your brows. Put it on your lashes at your own risk. The discomfort it brings to my eyes isn't worth the results - I have other things for my lahes. The results are good for a product this cheap - it's $4!

on 3/1/2012 11:04:00 AM

Sorry to rain on the parade here, but this really did nothing for either brows or lashes for me, and I've been using it for months! Talika Lipocils worked great on my lashes when I tried it last year - I'd recommend that instead. I've ditched this and am trying RapidBrow on my my brows now and am seeing some improvements already. The Ardell product may be cheap, but I'd prefer to spend a little extra to get something that WORKS.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product in hopes to help my sparse over tweezed eyebrows.

I found that I had to pump the wand multiple times to get enough product to coat my eyebrows. I usually would end up using my finger to spread it on evenly.

Over the course of 2 weeks of using this stuff faithfully twice a day morning and night I am amazed that my brows are fuller than they have been in years!!!! I also found that my brow hair looks slightly darker.

I would recommend this product to anyone who has done years of damage by over plucking!!

on 2/5/2012 4:17:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

To my surprise and delight this stuff actually seems to work. My lashes seemed shorter after having a baby. I found a 3 pack of this for $12 on Amazon and decided to try it. I don't know if it's the gel or just my hormones going back to normal but now after a month of use my long, thick eyelashes are back! It's cheap, only takes a second to use, and can be layered under mascara, too.

on 11/28/2011 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is my 2nd tube over a few years in between. I originally bought this as recommended from my makeup fanatic friend/beauty therapist. First go this blew me away, I got instantly SOFT thick lashes. I'll never forget applying this onto my lashes and feeling the difference as I brushed the wand through and I'll never forget brushing mascara on my lashes and saying under my breath "I'll be shitballs, this actually works" it WORKS. That's it. Simple. The thing was I never maintained the lash gel, I would forget and then end up throwing the tube out because it had alot of my mascara in the tube - I obviously didnt wipe all my mascara off properly. Fast forward I did the whole lash extensions for $200, fake lashes with illegal strong glue from Korea and then one day I was at my beauty therapist and she talked me into buying Priori's lash growth. It cost me $100 so I had high hopes. Tried it for 2 months and nothing. Lashes still the same. Then something jogged my memory and I went searching for this online. I read the reviews on here and remembered from experience that it did work for me so I bought it. This time around the growth cycle was slower, I dont know why but here I am 3 months later and my lashes are long and thick. This is an awesome product which I will continue to use for as long as I can.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

First of all I would like to say this is my very first review ever on MakeupAlley and it is part of the reason why I bought the product in the first place as I saw a few positive reviews on it!
I was looking for an inexpensive product that would help my lashes grow thicker and longer. I always had beautiful long eyelashes however thanks to years of waterproof mascara, my eyelashes then became thin and short.
This product is AMAZING! Within the first week I could literally see and feel the difference. My lashes went back to their original condition and I noticed that there was even a second layer of lashes growing!
The only thing is that I couldn't find the product in Australia however I easily found it online at a very affordable price.
I have even bought 4 more tubes (one as a backup and to give to my sister in law and friends as their lashes are typical for asians!)

I would recommend this in a heart beat! Best decision to purchase this!

on 11/18/2011 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

With the rave reviews I've read on the internet, I was expecting fantastically long thick eyelashes from this product. The results... not so much. I got it two months ago and don't really see much of a difference. It only works as a clear mascara for me, it makes my lashes look a teeny bit more defined. I don't wear regular mascara or put anything on my lashes other than this so maybe this product would work better for people with damaged lashes from overuse of mascara/fake lashes.

Popular Lash Treatments