April 18, 2014 | 1267 users online

Blush - Laura Mercier - Cheek Colour (powder blushes)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2004 2:06:00 AM More reviews by LOVE4BEAUTY

I love LM's makeup and so this isn't any different. Azalea is a beautiful color to go over tan skin over the summer and it looks good alone on winter skin. That's what I love about LM's blushes, they are sheer and blendable, remember it is better to layer than to look like a clown in from the start.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2004 5:10:00 PM More reviews by cutie_patootie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these blushes! I'm a FFF and I own rose petal, wild bouquet, azalea, blushing apple, and I just bought opera. They are so natural looking, yet really impart a flush or a glow that accentuates the whole face. Great texture, good staying power. My latest purchase came in a sparkly brown package that I do not like as much as her simple matte brown packaging, but hopefully it's just a temporary switch?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2004 9:25:00 AM More reviews by gilda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I remember my Mom telling me one day I looked pale, when I was about 14. I gave her the normal blank stare a 14-year-old girl gives her Mother when spoken to about most anything. She felt bad, as I now know, she did not intend for her comment to be degrading. She took my hand, which I quickly took back because I was way to old for that, and sat me down at her dressing table. This was the first time I ever tried “Powdered Rouge” as my Mom called it. She said the trick is to find a color that’s not to peachy and not to pink. And never ever wear RED rouge; she claimed ladies of the evening only wore that sort of garish color.

So Mom, I found that perfect shade, its Laura Mercier’s Rose Bloom. No need for a light hand, as this is a forgiving color on my winter NW25 skin. This, high quality, velvety powder formula becomes one with my skin. This was my first LM blush, and you can count on me purchasing more of these.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2004 12:01:00 PM More reviews by SEAWEED

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice, no nonsense blush, that feels of a high quality when applied.
No sparkle or glitter, just smooth soft powder in a basic but chic compact with mirror.
I have this in rose bloom, which is a dark peachy shade, not the most natural blush shade but I reach for it occassionally for a more polished, sophisticated look.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2003 3:58:00 PM More reviews by dwindling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this blush in Rose Petal which is quite lovely. A nice healthy flush on me, PPP red hair/blue eyes. It is nice and velvety and has good staying power. If I ever finished it, I probably wouldn't buy this shade again, but only because I like to try different colors. I'd definitely try another LM blush. All the colors look lovely and sophisticated.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2003 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Princessbabs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been a huge Laura Mercier fan for several years now. I love the fine milled quality of all her powered products. They instantly blend into the skin rather than sitting on top of the skin and looking fake. The powder blush in Nectar is no exception and the color is unparalleled. Finally, my search for the perfect peach to compliment my fair skin is over! Yay!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2003 4:49:00 AM More reviews by bitchyboss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I liked most of the colours but they were very sheer good for natural looking makeup - not like Nars which are heavily pigmented - I do prefer Nars.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2003 12:49:00 AM More reviews by ChaiBliss

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love LM's blushes. I received Nectar in a swap over the summer and have since become hooked on the entire collection. I love the natural flush these blushes impart, and for me, there isn't too much work involved in getting the colour to show. In fact, I usually find that one swipe across the compact is enough to add sufficient colour. These last all day on me, and I'm amazed at how well so many of the shades work with my skintone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2003 10:45:00 PM More reviews by AnnMarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried two shades of LM blush--Nectar and Azalea. The texture is silky, smooth, and sheer. However, I find that, for me, it's just TOO sheer. I prefer a blush that's more pigmented (like NARS or Shu). I'm also not crazy about the packaging--kind of difficult to open.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2003 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Feigen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in crushed hazelnut, and it is a perfect peachy brown natural color. It might not be the most exiting color but I always reach for this when I need a no fuss blush which is easy to apply. Very nice finish and I like the compact too.