NARS Orgasm Blush

talc - polyethylene - zinc stearate - silica - tricaprylin - caprylic/capric triglyceride - beeswax - peg-150 distearate lanolin - laureth-4 - tocopherol - disodium edta - methylparaben - propylparaben - butylparaben - ascorbyl palmitate. May contain: mica - ci 77491, 77492, 77499 (iron oxides) - ci 77891 (titanium dioxide) - ci 77742 (manganese violet) - ci 77007 (ultramarines) - ci 77891 (titanium dioxide) - ci 75470 (carmine) - ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride) - ci 15850 (red 6, red 7 lake) - ci 45410 (red 28 lake) - ci 17200 (red 33 lake) - ci 45370 (orange 5) - ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake) - ci 15985 (yellow 6 lake) - ci 42090 (blue 1 lake).

on 2/22/2015 6:46:00 PM

Ultimate favourite blush, perfectly pigmented for my fair skin and easy to blend. Will always repurchase, pity about the price in NZ.

on 2/14/2015 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I got suckered and pressured by a Sephora SA into buying this years ago when this blush was twenty dollars. It sits unloved in my "What was I thinking" drawer. I could not make this work. It didn't show up on my cheeks back then and still doesn't. It emphasizes my pores on my cheeks. I tried using this as an eyeshadow for a while but it looked like a weird frosty orange halloween look. Way overhyped and overpriced!

on 2/14/2015 2:01:00 PM

Overhyped. It's not as pigmented as I thought it would be, and leaves large gold specks on my cheeks more than the actual color. It will save you from looking dead, but there are better drugstore alternatives out there.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'd heard so much about this product and I felt the need to swatch it in Sephora. When swatched on my hand, I did not like the color at all. I felt like it was way to glittery, but a few months later I decided to purchase it after all. I'm very happy I did, because it has now become my HG blush! It gives a healthy glow and the color works great with my light-to-medium complexion. I've got tons of compliments while wearing it.
It is on the pricy side, yes, but a little goes a long way with this one, and I feel like you really get what you pay for. And last but not least, the built-in mirror is amazing!

on 2/11/2015 10:57:00 PM

While I don't agree this is a universally flattering color (I have friends who dislike this blush for different reasons) I still love NARS blushes, and this one's been my staple for ages. There's 3 blushes I use on a daily basis, and they are MAC virgin isle, Majolica Majorca Puff de Cheek Apricot, and NARS Orgasm. Orgasm is the only one I carry around with me.

This is a beautiful peachy pink that has a gold shimmery sheen to it; it's wears surprisingly natural on the skin despite the gold shimmer. I like to put on a swipe of it when I'm in a hurry; I'll only put on sun screen and this, and I look healthy. I worried about the gold glitter but it's barely noticeable; it's a subtle sheen. I sometimes like to mix this with other blushes, and it works gorgeously.

I already own a backup for this (compliments to Sephora superstars which allowed me to get $225 worth of makeup I love for $75), I love it so much.

on 2/11/2015 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this is one of the most overrated makeup products on the market. It is very orangey and glittery. I can instantly tell when someone is wearing this because they have that tell-tale unnatural look. Most people look best in pink-toned blush. So unless you want to look like you blush in a sparkly orange-toned hue, you should probably avoid this.

on 2/10/2015 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'd been resistant to trying this, because I'm generally anti-glitter. But after despairing of finding a color that worked on my pale, olive-toned complexion (darker shades were too high contrast, lighter shades seemed to clash with the yellow tones of my skin), I finally gave this a go. And am glad I did - it really, really is flattering. The shimmer is subtle, and just gives your skin a glow, rather than reading as "sparkly." And it seems to last a lot longer than my old MAC blush did, even when applied on bare skin. Gals, don't let the gold flecks scare you - just test it out, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Oh the ever popular Orgasm- the alleged universally flattering blush. My skin is a dry, medium NC25 to NC30. I am a 40+ year old woman and this simply did not work for me. I have flawed skin - blemishes, hormonal redness, wrinkles, etc. I like luminosity and slight shimmer, because my skin has become quite dull (yes, I exfoliated and do peels- it's just a curse I tell you!). However, I found Orgasm to be far too sparkly on me. It now sits among my makeup graveyard.

This has too much sparkle. I prefer to apply a shimmer highlighter from Laura mercier over a matte makeup forever blush that doesn't have specks of glitter in it. Layering the two will give a better look, and a more precise application than a shimmery blush like orgasm. Orgasm just did not look natural enough for me.

on 2/9/2015 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This blush is a peachy-pink color (more leaning towards the pink side on me) with golden shimmer. The golden shimmer isn't as prominent as people say but it can cut the need for a highlight for some people. It would look good on every under tone, but probably wouldn't show up on dark skin tones. The formula is very hard and can be hard to get onto the brush for that reason, which is the main reason I took off lippies and I have to build it up a lot to get the right color payoff. But the great thing about that is that it doesn't crumble like many softer powders do. The reason I said I wouldn't repurchase was because the formula wasn't great and pretty much every brand has a shade like this so I'd rather get this color in a better formula from another brand.

Popular Blush Products