April 16, 2014 | 884 users online

Powder - Clinique - Superpowder Double Face Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by tswizzle2102

I do like this product, but not that thrilled about it... The price for it is an ok amount for the product itself, but i dont think it does the best covering all my redness on my cheeks.... I havent tried it with liquid foundation yet, but i can see it being a good powder for it... For a foundation it isnt cakey at all, thank goodness!! it can make me a tiny bit orange but not much... Its ok but not that crazy about it... The packaging is so awesome and cute though!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 8:35:00 AM More reviews by JHazzardous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! I have very pale skin and yet the lightest shade is pale enough for me.

It works great to provide light coverage if you just want to even out skin tone and cover up shine, or to set your foundation in place. While it is a bit expensive, for the quality it is worth it. Also, I have very sensitive skin and yet this (unlike many products) does not aggravate my skin at all.

My only caveat when recommending this product is that if you apply a large amount onto skin which is naturally dry or normal skin which hasn't been moisturised, it can feel a little unpleasant and look a tad cakey. For me, as long as I have applied my moisturiser, this does not cause me any problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am so in love with this powder, it's amazing. I've been looking for a powder with it's own decent coveradge ever since I tried pur minerals 3 in 1 powder and really liked it but I wanted a cheaper alternative and this is it, I like high end makeup but the pur prices are just too high. This powder is great, I wear it over my usual foundation and concealer if needed ( clinique superbalanced and clinique advanced concealer) it's amazing because its my PERFECT for my skin tone ( I wear it in matte bisque) and a great color match is really important to me. The powder gives a really nice finish, matte but with a glow to it so it's not dull and it's great for touch ups because it gives light coverage on it's own. Personally I don't use this on it's own because I have acne scars, black heads and zits to hide but if you only need light coverage I really recomend this and if you need a good powder over something else this is great too. The packaging is elegant and at 21 dollars a compact it's a good price especially if you can get a gwp.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Blah15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I prefer this over BE's mineral veil. I've only used three different types of finishing powder, this, mineral veil and the one from garden botanika. It's too sheer in coverage for me to use it as a foundation but works for me over clinique's continuous coverage foundation/concealer. I have combination/dry skin so it wears long enough for me but won't last through the pouring rain. The continuous coverage doesn't seem to dry so this does a wonderful job as setting it. It has a matte finish but not so much to tell I'm wearing MU. I use the sponge that comes with the compact in a press n roll method and it leaves a nice finish. I really like that it's compact so I can travel without worrying about it getting messy like the MV.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by ms_kevala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I want to preface this review by saying that I really do not give one lippie reviews lightly. A product has to *really* fail me if I'm giving it such a low rating. And this product really did...I cannot believe that a department store brand like Clinique, which has a decent lineup of products, would produce such crap.

This was sold to me as a product offering sheer coverage, usable as a very sheer foundation or a setting powder for a liquid foundation. I wanted to use it as a setting powder over my medium-coverage foundation. I thought the compact would be convenient for touch ups during the day. I've been using it for almost a month now, and I always apply with a kabuki brush. At this point, I am ready to ditch the product or give it to someone for whom it works better.

For me, this does nothing to prevent shine or hold my makeup in place. I have an oily t-zone, and dry skin on the rest of my face. When used for t-zone touch ups on a warm (not crazy hot or humid, just warm) day, I find that my skin looks shiny again less than 30 minutes after application. I have this problem even if I blot a lot before applying the powder. So, unless I reapply constantly (which would make my face look caked with powder), I look like a greaseball. The only good thing I can say about this product is that it doesn't sink into dry areas or fine lines very much. But I need it to actually *work*, and it just doesn't! Even drugstore powder from Revlon does a better job for me than this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by amandaeclark

I am very pale. I have this in 01 Matte Ivory and it is just a teeny bit too dark, not so much I have a line or will discontiue use. I do not wear this over liquid foundation - I don't need that much coverage. I also do not wear alone as a foundation because I think it looks un-natural built up that way. I do wear it over a tinted moisturizer, or as of now, over the Clinique BB cream. I apply very lightly to set with a small brush. I very much like it for this. It provides extra coverage and a matte finish in my t-zone where I need it and I leave it off my cheeks and temples where I don't need the extra coverage so my skin still looks radiant. I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by elleglam

i wish this was my hg powder compact because its clinique so im expecting it to be an excellent product, but i was disappointed because this doesn't work for me...it gives me just a sheer coverage which i don't like and i don't feel the matte effect that im looking for...i once use this to set my revlon colorstay liquid foundation, and wasn't satisfied because i can still feel the stickiness and see some shine on my face. The only thing i like about this is the sleek packaging that looks elegant but other than that i wont repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by PhatMuffin

I never go anywhere without this! I mainly use this as a touch up powder throughout the day or as a layer over my foundation if I want extra coverage. It's the best! It looks really natural without that cakey, powdery mask feel that other pressed powders tend to have. It's nice and matte on my oily t-zone and does not break me out. Staying power is great and you don't need to use a lot so it lasts forever!
Giant plus for the super pretty, retro packaging! Looks like my grandmas bathroom tiles. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by annawixom

I only use this as a powder and I really love this. I have been using this for years and have no desire to try anything else. Gives very nice thick full coverage, but I also use a foundation underneath. Its wonderful. def. recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by evicka18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I use this powder over the make up for many years. It helps to cover well any imperfections and skin is looking good.