September 17, 2014 | 1193 users online

Powder - Clinique - Superpowder Double Face Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by kuchka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fairly good powder. I use it with a powder brush to not have a heavy application. It is not my HG product, but will continue to re-purchase until something better comes along. The color does not change and requires just a few touch-ups during the day, which is acceptable for me. As of now, I am happy with this powder and do recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by miffy95

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love this powder, I've been using it for many years. I tend to use foundation that gives light to medium coverage, so this powder is perfect for me. It gives a lovely matte and natural finish. When I don't wear foundation, I can wear this on its own for light coverage. My sister who has flawless skin uses this without foundation and she looks even more flawless (if that's at all possible).
Other pros: not silky and thin, doesn't cause break outs, doesn't make my skin oily (although in summer on really hot days I tend to use an oil free powder ), perfect for setting my foundation, helps cover my rocacea.
Cons: price - here in Australia we pay $50+.

My skin is fair/medium on the fair side. I say cool due to my rocacea because it makes my skin look pink but before I used to have a slight yellow undertone. In this powder I mostly use Matte Neutral, in winter I alternate between Matte Neutral and a lighter shade -Matte Ivory.
For reference in foundation I am: Clinique Superfit 05 Neutral, Clinique Superbalanced Makeup 03 Ivory, and Clinique Stay True in Stay Ivory.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by cheliocheerio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product did not work for me. It gave very good coverage, for sure. However, within an hour of wearing it, I looked in a mirror and BAM my face was so oily and shiny that I could have been a reflection of the mirror I was looking at.

I guess its different for everyone. If you are looking for coverage and have dry skin, maybe throw in a little primer and this might work for you. As for me, I was looking for coverage for oily skin and this did not work.

**EDIT**

i used this for about three weeks (a few months after my first review) and it works pretty well. it does make my face shiny still but when i lightly top it with Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder, it stays mattified for about 4 hours. Because of its good coverage, (and the addition of dream matte) im making it 3 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by allisonbarbie

I absolutely love this. Works great over bb cream for natural looking moderate coverage. Wear over foundation for very full coverage. Looks pretty in pictures. I think my shade sometimes looks a little funny though in natural light.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by tswizzle2102

I do like this product, but not that thrilled about it... The price for it is an ok amount for the product itself, but i dont think it does the best covering all my redness on my cheeks.... I havent tried it with liquid foundation yet, but i can see it being a good powder for it... For a foundation it isnt cakey at all, thank goodness!! it can make me a tiny bit orange but not much... Its ok but not that crazy about it... The packaging is so awesome and cute though!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 8:35:00 AM More reviews by JHazzardous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! I have very pale skin and yet the lightest shade is pale enough for me.

It works great to provide light coverage if you just want to even out skin tone and cover up shine, or to set your foundation in place. While it is a bit expensive, for the quality it is worth it. Also, I have very sensitive skin and yet this (unlike many products) does not aggravate my skin at all.

My only caveat when recommending this product is that if you apply a large amount onto skin which is naturally dry or normal skin which hasn't been moisturised, it can feel a little unpleasant and look a tad cakey. For me, as long as I have applied my moisturiser, this does not cause me any problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am so in love with this powder, it's amazing. I've been looking for a powder with it's own decent coveradge ever since I tried pur minerals 3 in 1 powder and really liked it but I wanted a cheaper alternative and this is it, I like high end makeup but the pur prices are just too high. This powder is great, I wear it over my usual foundation and concealer if needed ( clinique superbalanced and clinique advanced concealer) it's amazing because its my PERFECT for my skin tone ( I wear it in matte bisque) and a great color match is really important to me. The powder gives a really nice finish, matte but with a glow to it so it's not dull and it's great for touch ups because it gives light coverage on it's own. Personally I don't use this on it's own because I have acne scars, black heads and zits to hide but if you only need light coverage I really recomend this and if you need a good powder over something else this is great too. The packaging is elegant and at 21 dollars a compact it's a good price especially if you can get a gwp.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Blah15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I prefer this over BE's mineral veil. I've only used three different types of finishing powder, this, mineral veil and the one from garden botanika. It's too sheer in coverage for me to use it as a foundation but works for me over clinique's continuous coverage foundation/concealer. I have combination/dry skin so it wears long enough for me but won't last through the pouring rain. The continuous coverage doesn't seem to dry so this does a wonderful job as setting it. It has a matte finish but not so much to tell I'm wearing MU. I use the sponge that comes with the compact in a press n roll method and it leaves a nice finish. I really like that it's compact so I can travel without worrying about it getting messy like the MV.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by ms_kevala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I want to preface this review by saying that I really do not give one lippie reviews lightly. A product has to *really* fail me if I'm giving it such a low rating. And this product really did...I cannot believe that a department store brand like Clinique, which has a decent lineup of products, would produce such crap.

This was sold to me as a product offering sheer coverage, usable as a very sheer foundation or a setting powder for a liquid foundation. I wanted to use it as a setting powder over my medium-coverage foundation. I thought the compact would be convenient for touch ups during the day. I've been using it for almost a month now, and I always apply with a kabuki brush. At this point, I am ready to ditch the product or give it to someone for whom it works better.

For me, this does nothing to prevent shine or hold my makeup in place. I have an oily t-zone, and dry skin on the rest of my face. When used for t-zone touch ups on a warm (not crazy hot or humid, just warm) day, I find that my skin looks shiny again less than 30 minutes after application. I have this problem even if I blot a lot before applying the powder. So, unless I reapply constantly (which would make my face look caked with powder), I look like a greaseball. The only good thing I can say about this product is that it doesn't sink into dry areas or fine lines very much. But I need it to actually *work*, and it just doesn't! Even drugstore powder from Revlon does a better job for me than this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by amandaeclark

I am very pale. I have this in 01 Matte Ivory and it is just a teeny bit too dark, not so much I have a line or will discontiue use. I do not wear this over liquid foundation - I don't need that much coverage. I also do not wear alone as a foundation because I think it looks un-natural built up that way. I do wear it over a tinted moisturizer, or as of now, over the Clinique BB cream. I apply very lightly to set with a small brush. I very much like it for this. It provides extra coverage and a matte finish in my t-zone where I need it and I leave it off my cheeks and temples where I don't need the extra coverage so my skin still looks radiant. I will repurchase.