Marcelle Gentle Makeup Remover for Sensitive Eyes

3.9

AQUA/WATER/EAU, CYCLOMETHICONE, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINÉRALE, ISOHEXADECANE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAMELLIA OLEIFERA LEAF EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM CHLORIDE, HYDROCHLORIC ACID, DMDM HYDANTOIN, LAURYL METHYL GLUCETH-10 HYDROXYPROPYLDIMONIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, POLOXAMER 188, DISODIUM EDTA, PEG-4 DILAURATE,

on 11/7/2008 6:19:00 AM

I heard a lot of good things about this product before and i decided to stock up on it when i went to Marcelle Warehouse Sale lately. It works really well compared to Neotrogena one which I used before becaued it won't sting my eyes. This eye makeup remover is very gentile and easily takes the makeup off but you don't feel greasy at all.

on 10/27/2008 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is alot like the Lancome's makeup remover- similar packaging, even. It does take off all makeup. Actually, any remover I've bought has taken off everything--because I use hot/warm water on my eyes beforehand, then it doesn't matter what you use-it could be a cheap remover. The hot water helps break up the makeup, and no, it doesn't take any more time. I also do this so that I'm not ruining my lashes. This stuff is cheap and great. Also doesn't irritate the eyes.

on 9/11/2008 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is for the eye makeup remover 'With Green Tea & Cucumber Extract, Removes Waterproof & Long-wearing Makeup.' Awesome stuff. I squirt a very small amount on a damp microfibre facecloth and it removes all my waterproof eye m/u. Doesn't sting or leave a residue and washes off easily. Available at drugstores in Canada for $10 on sale, $13 regular. One 5oz bottle lasts me several months since I switched to a microfibre facecloth vs using on cotton pads.

on 5/24/2008 10:52:00 AM

bought this because the saleslady said it was just like lancome's bificil. I don't agree. it didn't remove my waterproof makeup.

on 4/28/2008 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This worked okay until I noticed little white bumps underneath my eyes (milia) - I guess it's the mineral oil in this product that may cause it . They've gone down considerably since I stopped use of this product.

on 1/17/2008 10:29:00 PM

This is the best make up remover EVER. It's about $13.00 Canadian and lasts me a year. It's very gentle on my eyes and you don't need a lot of it to get your make up off. The liquids inside don't seperate quickly after shaking. It leaves my eyes feeling so smooth, never dry. I highly reccommend this product to everyone, it's definately a must-have.

on 12/27/2007 4:29:00 PM

i've went through 2 bottles of this stuff already. It's not the best eye makeup remover i've ever used but it's sufficient. On the downside, this product DOES sting my eyes, which is a complaint i've come across occasionally in the reviews. and i don't even have sensitive eyes! The only reason i gave it 3 lippies instead of none is because this product does its job to say the least. But i'm sure there a better products out there that does the same job, without the pain.

on 12/16/2007 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

oh just a fantastic product. i have really sensitive, oily skin and this worked beautifully. waterproof makeup is still difficult to remove, but regular stuff just slides right off. doesn't leave that gross oily vision afterwards and i have yet to be irritated by it. at shoppers, i believe i paid about $8 when it was on sale. lasted about 3 1/2 months, so its pretty good, price-wise.

on 5/12/2007 10:30:00 PM

EDIT: This is starting to really sting my eyes, though I didn't change the way I used it. I thought maybe the water I was using on the cotton ball was making this seep into my eyes, so I've resorted to just using a dry cotton ball with this =)

I had a sample of Lancome's Bi-facil, which is basically the same concept of Marcelle, just a lot more expensive (Around $30-32CAD I think). This takes off makeup quickly, and doesn't leave you feeling oily. As it says in the directions, shake well. I usually wet a cotton ball with warm water, and then turn the bottle over on the cotton, because I find it takes it off quicker. It's fragrance-free (I'm guessing because this is for sensitive eyes?) whereas the Bi-facil smells like a light powdery rose. I found this for $10 at the Superstore (It was on sale) and I think it retails at around $12? You get a 150mL bottle, which is lasting me forever. Definitely a staple and a repurchase =)

on 4/16/2007 7:27:00 PM

I use this every night, the lady at Shopper's Drug Mart recommended it. It takes my makeup off so fast. I hold a cotton pad over the top, and turn it upside down for a quick second, then sweep it over my eye a couple of times, then I do the same to the other eye. Then I stick the end of a Q-Tip in, and I use this to take off my eyeliner. Works marvelous! I like the fact that it is half oily, cuz it takes the makeup off so fast, just make sure to shake it before you use it cuz it seperates in the bottle. ALso, my eyes don't sting like they would with other makeup removers (cough Avon cough). Try it, it's fabulous!! And pretty cheap (about 10-13 Canadian dollars, depending where you buy it)!!