October 30, 2014 | 1854 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Marcelle - Gentle Makeup Remover for Sensitive Eyes

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2008 10:52:00 AM More reviews by newchick

bought this because the saleslady said it was just like lancome's bificil. I don't agree. it didn't remove my waterproof makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by SushiGirl8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This worked okay until I noticed little white bumps underneath my eyes (milia) - I guess it's the mineral oil in this product that may cause it . They've gone down considerably since I stopped use of this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2008 10:29:00 PM More reviews by hebamo

This is the best make up remover EVER. It's about $13.00 Canadian and lasts me a year. It's very gentle on my eyes and you don't need a lot of it to get your make up off. The liquids inside don't seperate quickly after shaking. It leaves my eyes feeling so smooth, never dry. I highly reccommend this product to everyone, it's definately a must-have.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2007 4:29:00 PM More reviews by bumble17

i've went through 2 bottles of this stuff already. It's not the best eye makeup remover i've ever used but it's sufficient. On the downside, this product DOES sting my eyes, which is a complaint i've come across occasionally in the reviews. and i don't even have sensitive eyes! The only reason i gave it 3 lippies instead of none is because this product does its job to say the least. But i'm sure there a better products out there that does the same job, without the pain.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2007 4:20:00 PM More reviews by jadkin

oh just a fantastic product. i have really sensitive, oily skin and this worked beautifully. waterproof makeup is still difficult to remove, but regular stuff just slides right off. doesn't leave that gross oily vision afterwards and i have yet to be irritated by it. at shoppers, i believe i paid about $8 when it was on sale. lasted about 3 1/2 months, so its pretty good, price-wise.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2007 10:30:00 PM More reviews by stardivina14

EDIT: This is starting to really sting my eyes, though I didn't change the way I used it. I thought maybe the water I was using on the cotton ball was making this seep into my eyes, so I've resorted to just using a dry cotton ball with this =)

I had a sample of Lancome's Bi-facil, which is basically the same concept of Marcelle, just a lot more expensive (Around $30-32CAD I think). This takes off makeup quickly, and doesn't leave you feeling oily. As it says in the directions, shake well. I usually wet a cotton ball with warm water, and then turn the bottle over on the cotton, because I find it takes it off quicker. It's fragrance-free (I'm guessing because this is for sensitive eyes?) whereas the Bi-facil smells like a light powdery rose. I found this for $10 at the Superstore (It was on sale) and I think it retails at around $12? You get a 150mL bottle, which is lasting me forever. Definitely a staple and a repurchase =)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Aly_Mc

I use this every night, the lady at Shopper's Drug Mart recommended it. It takes my makeup off so fast. I hold a cotton pad over the top, and turn it upside down for a quick second, then sweep it over my eye a couple of times, then I do the same to the other eye. Then I stick the end of a Q-Tip in, and I use this to take off my eyeliner. Works marvelous! I like the fact that it is half oily, cuz it takes the makeup off so fast, just make sure to shake it before you use it cuz it seperates in the bottle. ALso, my eyes don't sting like they would with other makeup removers (cough Avon cough). Try it, it's fabulous!! And pretty cheap (about 10-13 Canadian dollars, depending where you buy it)!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2007 2:27:00 AM More reviews by smae420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this eye makeup remover! I didn't experience any burning like I usually do when using removers! I liked thats its fragrance free and didn't irritate the skin around my eyes either! Its half oil and half liquidy stuff so have to 'shake well to activate'. I dabbed a small amount on a cotton pad and just gently swiped it over my entire eyelid and it practically melted it off, even my waterproof mascara! This is definatly my HG eye makeup remover from now on! $12 CDN.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2007 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Daisycloud

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

On my 2nd bottle and loving it because it's one of the few formulas that removes my Shiseido mascara base and waterproof mascaras without leaving a trace! My new HG, replacing Clinique Take The Day Off. ***UPDATE June 2007: Is actually quite oily and stingy. I'd say it's still better than many other removers for waterproof mascara. I thought it removed everything until I found an even better brand!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2006 1:26:00 AM More reviews by miafarrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried about five other eye makeup removers over the years and I just keep coming back to this one. Unlike the others I've tried, it doesn't sting, it doesn't make my eyes itch, and it removes my mascara quickly and thoroughly. I use a q-tip and gently wipe my eyelashes clean. I wouldn't use it on the rest of my face because of the oil content, but my eyes love it.