April 20, 2014 | 1962 users online

Shampoo - TiGi - Bed Head Dumb Blonde Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 4:05:00 AM More reviews by MrsHoff2b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This shampoo is great for blonde hair, I've used it on off for years but it is the conditioner that is making your hair feel oily and unwashed like described in the other reviews, even if you use a little of the conditioner it makes your hair feel oily, stay away from conditioner but this shampoo is lovely.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by sammeinwonderland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! It made my over bleached hair feel nice and normal! It smells like grape lollipops and does a great job washing!

The only two downsides is that it had trouble lathering up, and it can leave hair feeling dry, but only in the drying process. Absolutely love it! I pair it with Moraccan Oil and Aussie 3 Minute Miracle to give my hair the full treatment of strengtheners, smoothers/softeners, and shine enducing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Slek13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I decided to go to the salon and dye my hair blonde again and I wanted to make sure I had a good shampoo and conditioner to keep my hair moisturized and easy to maintain since dying your hair blonde can be harsh. Before I bought the Bed Head Dumb Blonde (white bottles) shampoo and conditioner, I was a little nervous on whether or not I should get them because of some of the negative reviews I read but I just wanted to give them a try since my hairstylist suggested it. I did notice that these products do smell a tad like cat pee like some have said HOWEVER, it only smells like that when I blow dry my hair when the hot heat from the dryer hits my hair. Afterwards my hair smells really good. I know that sounds weird to say but it honestly does smell good afterwards like a citrus/flower kind of scent AND the smell lasts allllll day and that's even after I straighten my hair everyday! Normally shampoos and conditioners don't leave a lasting scent in my hair unless I go to town on my scalp for a good 10 minutes but this stuff does. I've been using this stuff for 2 weeks so far and it hasn't let me down yet! It keeps my blonde color vibrant and gives my hair a silky smooth finish. It goes on smoothly in the shower too. I have not tried the Bed Head Dumb Blonde (purple bottles) to know how the two different bottles compare but I am satisfied with this product and as long as I am blonde I will continue to use this product. Give it a try, it is not as terrible as everyone makes it to be but then again everyone's hair is different. My hair is fine/normal, I straighten it everyday, and have dyed my hair plenty of times to know what damaged hair is all about. So if you're anything like me, give this stuff a try. The least that will happen is you are out $50 bucks.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by bridget88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the TiGi Bed Head products, and have tried a few different shampoos and conditioners and LOVED them. I hadn't tried the Dumb Blonde one, but figured I'd give it a go because I thought it would be just as good as the other ones (I especially like the Urban Antidotes ones). The shampoo & conditioner are awful. After washing my hair it doesn't feel silky or smooth, which you would expect, but instead it feels oily and unclean. I think it would feel nicer if I didn't wash it at all!! So that is $50 wasted, and I've had to go out and buy new shampoo & conditioner, because there is no way I can keep using this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 8:35:00 AM More reviews by NanDeer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

This makes my bleached hair look more white than yellow.
Love the strawberry/raspberry-like smell.
Love how it makes my hair so soft that itīs unnecessary to use a conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by kelsielilly

I was given this from my best friends sister, since she purchased too much and would never be able to use it all. This wasn't my first time with TiGi since I had used another shampoo/conditioning product of theirs (that I can't remember the name of) that worked rather well. But I was using that as a red head and am now a blonde (naturally brunette). I have A/G products right now but I was excited to use this product so I showered and used both the Dumb Blonde conditioner and shampoo.

When I woke up in the morning my hair felt disgusting. It was oily, greasy...like there was a thick layer of silicone. It was very hard to brush. I thought maybe because I was at my mums and there is little shower pressure I just didn't get all of the product out. So when I went back to my house I re-washed my hair with the Dumb Blonde...I started blow-drying and it was disgusting! It still had the same gross, greasy feel and was still hard to brush! I took ANOTHER shower and washed my hair with my A/G...once again it feels like hair :) Don't waste your money. This is not at all worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Shanock

I have never used Bed Head products before. I just bought the Bed Head Dumb Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner in the white packaging. Today was my second day using it. What a regret and waste of money. Do not buy this. It makes my hair feel greasy, gross, like there is build up, like I havent washed my hair in days. I thought it was just me so I decided to google this product to see if this was just me or my hair. Come to find out I am not the only one. Wish I would have googled it prior to purchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by decoded

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had been using this on again off again for years because I kill my hair with bleaching and hair color changes often. It used to make my hair soft, shiny, and manageable again in a very short while of using. It also doesn't strip colors like almost every other shampoo I've used. My only complaint with the big bottles from the salon was that I always ended up breaking the pump towards the end, and getting the last of the product out was impossible.

Recently though Bed Head changed packaging and it seems like from reviews the product as well. I do know the other shampoo and conditioner I tried by them recently (the urban antidotes resurrection) was very low quality, and cheap. I won't be trying this again.

It's a shame because this was my go to shampoo and conditioner for the longest time.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2012 7:17:00 AM More reviews by odearophelia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Grey

Ugh. . . as an unnatural platinum blonde I am very frustrated with Bed Head's Dumb Blonde shampoo and conditioner. . .
When I first bleached my hair to platinum, my hair was terrible I couldn't find a shampoo to save my hair from being dry,frizzy and breaking all of the time. So, I got desperate and spent the extra bucks on this product. It was amazing! My hair felt like hair again after using this product along with a hair serum, I was sold and haven't used any other shampoo or conditioner in 6 years.
All of a sudden I went to a local salon to buy more and they handed me containers of the shampoo and conditioner, my first thought was, "oh! new packaging cool!" I used it the next day and was disgusted by what the shampoo and conditioner did to my hair. . . it was obvious that along with the new packaging they changed the product as well. The new scent is a very a sweet, sugary fragrance, not as appealing as the old scent. The conditioner is runnier instead of thick and rich, I was like, "well, that's strange maybe it's the same thing but it will be easier to to apply root to tip?" After rising it all out I thought my hair felt different but I was thinking positive. I applied the same coconut oil serum that I've always applied afterwards. When I dried my hair that's when the disaster occurred. . .as my hair dried my hair felt super heavy, gross and waxy and was breaking a lot as I brushed it. Still, I was trying to be positive about the product I made an extra conscious effort to try all kind of different things to make this new product make hair feel awesome again. . . .I rinsed it out more, I tried rinsing it out less, I tried not using the hair serum, I tried everything that I could think of . . .still my hair was nasty. So, I looked everywhere for the old product in the old packaging finally, I found it at a pharmacy and I used it as soon as I got home. It worked wonderfully, my hair felt like hair again just like it use to with the old product.
I don't know what I am going to do when I can't find this product in it's old packaging any more. . .
I don't know why they changed the Dumb Blonde formula but as a loyal customer of 6 years I am extremely disappointed. . .If they don't change their product back to how it use to be I will be back to trying out every single shampoo and conditioner until I can find something to not make my hair feel like a terrible waxy mess.

Once again, I am very disappointed with the new product, it's certainly not new and improved. . . .

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 8:26:00 AM More reviews by MakeupSnob1

I got this product on a whim in hopes of saving my blonde highlights. My hair is oily by nature and requires daily shampooing. Needless to say, when I read all these bad reviews I was pretty bummed I spent 14 bucks on crappy shampoo...

Turns out, I love this stuff! The smell is definitely different, and it actually cleans my hair! No build up, residue, or oil left in my hair. Maybe its just my bizarre hair type, but I LOVE it!