April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Hair - DevaCurl - No Poo

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING shampoo for curly hair. This, combined with the conditioner and gel make my curly hair look smooth and fresh :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Maq

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great, nonfoaming cleanser, especially for people with dry, curly kinky hair. It has a wonderful, clean smell. It's expensive, but I finish the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Robin1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product does take some getting used to, but overall, it works great! It would be better if the price wasn't so high.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

If your hair is COARSE, thick and curly, this is for you. This non lathering cleanser is meant primarily to be used to cleanse the scalp, and then it smoothes down the cuticle. It has a slight minty tingle. Your hair will be clean but not stripped. I would alternatie this with Lo Poo, so there is less build up. If you have fine hair, this may not work for you. if you pile a lot of product in your hair, this may not get it all out. if you are sick to death with fighting your curls and texture and want some softness and control, do try it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for almost a month and really like it. I like that it doesn't fade my color and requires less product than other cleansing conditioners. It's very moisturizing though and can be heavy on my fine hair but I find that following up with Nature's Rescue conditioner by Redken is a perfect combination for some reason. Together they leave my hair clean and perfectly conditioned without being weighed down. This will not remove heavy silicone based products or heavy hair spray/mousse so if you use a ton of product like many curly women do to fight frizz, this is not for you. I will say that their products, as well as a few of the Ouidad (sp?) products I've used wash out great with this. On the one occasion I used drug store mousse and hair spray I had to wash my hair with diluted shampoo and a hair polish to get it all out. This definitely didn't cut it. It just seemed to spread it around and my hair felt like straw after.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Hayne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this shampoo. I use on days in-between regular shampooing. It keeps my hair from drying out with too many washings. I have very dry,coarse and colored treated hair. This does not weigh it down for me. This is a winner for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by NeatoBandito

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using No Poo off and on for two years -- I always think I like it, but then I re-try it and remember what it does to my hair. I have fine, but a lot of, 3a-3b curly hair, and this 'poo always seems to make my hair really flat and greasy-looking. There is no softness, no moisture and especially no shine to be found when I use this product. It's a shame, because I love every other DevaCurl product I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by CurlyBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started using this shampoo about a month and a half ago and so far I really like it. I have shoulder-length, 3B boticelli curls that tend to get dry but since I began using Devacurl my hair has been so much softer and healthier. It does not add curl definition by itself (no shampoo does!) but my hair does look a little less frizzy, probably because it isn't so dry. It has built up a little in the past week so I just used a clarifying shampoo today. Will definitely repurchase.

Edit:
Used it for a little while longer and it started to build up on my scalp even though it has no silicones, glycerine, etc, and the conditioner I was using didn't have any either. I ended up having to use clarifying shampoo more often which is not good! Dropped it down to a 3.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Hannahawesome

I bought the Deva travel kit, which came with NoPoo, One Condition, AnGEL, and Set It Free.
First off, I love this line. Now, I've only used it 3 times, so if I change my mind I'll re-write my review.
My hair has never looked better. It's curlier, feels healthier and shinier, and looks less frizzy. The first day I used this, I went to work, and literally everyone I worked with commented on my hair, saying how nice and curly it looked.
The NoPoo makes my hair feel really soft in the shower after I use it. I have to use a little more than I would with a "normal" shampoo, but I think it's worth it. My scalp feels clean afterward and I don't have to worry about my ends being dry.
This stuff is definitely pricey, but I think I can deal with it. I'm going to buy the largest bottle from Amazon, and it's going to cost $29.95, which is about $8 less than in stores, and it has free shipping.
So, give DevaCurl a try if you have dry, curly hair. It really worked for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by susaneec

This is a lovely product. The Turkish rose/mint combo is light, clean, and very refreshing. I used this following the Curly Girl Method and my hair was soft, light, shiny, and smooth. I have fine, wavy hair that frizzes in humidity. This left it looking simply gorgeous. It also stays clean the same length of time as it does when using regular shampoo/conditioner. I just wish it was a little less pricey.