July 22, 2014 | 1375 users online

Hair - DevaCurl - No Poo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Selenite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I found this one to leave too much residue and as a result, my hair would often look dirty and lifeless. And I sure want to forget the greasy mess I would be left with between washings! It didn't compare well at all to Sally's Hair One or Hair Rules' Cleansing Cream. Sure, it's vegan which is why I wanted to try it but the results I got with this make we want to go back to my vegan no sulfate shampoo (Abba Pure Shine). I recommend skipping this one and try Hair One since it's half the price and produces better results.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Terese4444

Works great for my longer, dry, colored, frizz prone, mostly straight hair! I use this as an alternative to Wen/Hair One since they get soo expensive given the amount of product you need to use. Since it's conditioned by hair, I'm able to scrunch a bit of wave in my hair. I love the other products, One conditioner, AnGel, Mousse. The Heaven in Hair was too heavy for me so I only use it sparingly.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Jenstarlast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I hated this. My hair never felt clean and I felt like I had to use a ton of this product, which is not cheap! I bought the Low Poo cleanser by DevaCurl and I like it much much better. This cleanser does smell great however.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The no-sulfate (poo) method has been amazing for my 3a/b Boticelli/Corkscrew hair. For my hair, not all "no-poos" and "co-washes" work the same way. Even though my hair is naturally as dry as dead grass, my scalp can get oily and stinky when it's humid outside. DevaCurl No-Poo cleans my scalp gently and thoroughly and makes my hair feel refreshed and soft. To those of you with dry, damaged hair, I sincerely recommend trying DevaCurl No-Poo. Nothing works for everybody, of course, but this has been so good for me I hope it works for others. It's hydrating, gentle, revitalizing, and even detangling. DevaCurl No-Poo is my personal "staple" hair cleanser, because just about every product in the DevaCurl line seems to have been formulated especially for my hair. (One Condition, especially, kinda blows my mind it's so good.) No-Poo works perfectly with it, for when I no-poo (every other, every 2-3 days). My hair has never, ever come close to looking or feeling so healthy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

AMAZING shampoo for curly hair. This, combined with the conditioner and gel make my curly hair look smooth and fresh :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Maq

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great, nonfoaming cleanser, especially for people with dry, curly kinky hair. It has a wonderful, clean smell. It's expensive, but I finish the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Robin1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product does take some getting used to, but overall, it works great! It would be better if the price wasn't so high.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

If your hair is COARSE, thick and curly, this is for you. This non lathering cleanser is meant primarily to be used to cleanse the scalp, and then it smoothes down the cuticle. It has a slight minty tingle. Your hair will be clean but not stripped. I would alternatie this with Lo Poo, so there is less build up. If you have fine hair, this may not work for you. if you pile a lot of product in your hair, this may not get it all out. if you are sick to death with fighting your curls and texture and want some softness and control, do try it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for almost a month and really like it. I like that it doesn't fade my color and requires less product than other cleansing conditioners. It's very moisturizing though and can be heavy on my fine hair but I find that following up with Nature's Rescue conditioner by Redken is a perfect combination for some reason. Together they leave my hair clean and perfectly conditioned without being weighed down. This will not remove heavy silicone based products or heavy hair spray/mousse so if you use a ton of product like many curly women do to fight frizz, this is not for you. I will say that their products, as well as a few of the Ouidad (sp?) products I've used wash out great with this. On the one occasion I used drug store mousse and hair spray I had to wash my hair with diluted shampoo and a hair polish to get it all out. This definitely didn't cut it. It just seemed to spread it around and my hair felt like straw after.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Hayne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this shampoo. I use on days in-between regular shampooing. It keeps my hair from drying out with too many washings. I have very dry,coarse and colored treated hair. This does not weigh it down for me. This is a winner for me.