April 16, 2014 | 1865 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Bibi

My everyday foundation, I had started purchasing Cover Girl foundations after using Aquasmooth but as my skin is a little drier nowadays, I've given this one a go and m now hooked. First purchased this when it was still in the form of a pot and now as a pump bottle, I need only a little to get good coverage and a give a smooth moisturized finish. Looks a tad oily at the end of a hot day but all I need is to lightly blot. My skin has had no negative reactions to it, and feels moisturized at all times. Definitely good value product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by MakeupLoverssss

Im 18 years old & ive been using this product since 3rd grade no lie. & its my savior, growing up w/ acne, i always turned to this foundation. Its smooth, Moisturizing, & blends/ evens perfectly. I recommended this product

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by JJOHNSON627

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the worst DS foundations ever! I have dry skin so I was hoping this foundation would work. When I first applied the foundation it seemed really moisturizing which was a + for me. However, after wearing for a couple of hours my face was an oil slick which is a rare occurance for me. I tried with and without studio secrets primer and hated it! The only reason I gave it 1 lippie is because of the pump packaging and color match. Maybelline Instant age rewind eraser treatment is not the best but it is much better than this junk if you are looking for a moisturizing foundation. Plus Maybelline has a little more spf.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by rocsugar13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The pump was great but i hate the foundation!!!!!!!!IIt just dried the crap out of my skin and i have dry skin anyways but it made it worse!!!!!!!Plus it had fragrence in it which irritated my skin and made my skin burn, I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Im shocked it got 4 i give it a 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by matx1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This review is for the liquid in a pump. This product is a good color match for me. I love the pump--would love a squeezable tube more, but you can't have everything. It is made for a "mature" complexion, with the Olay stuff in it. Don't entertain any notion that it will cooperate with oily skin. It has a fruity/floral fragrance when applied, so be warned before you apply it.

It matches my skin tone, is easy to find in a pinch and has a 10 spf (broad spectrum I think), so it has a few things going for it. I'll update if I need to, but it's not a holy grail for me by any measure.

Edit: Will not purchase again--my face hasn't been this greasy looking and feeling since. . .well never! Not even during adolescence. Within a half hour of applying and setting with powder, I've got my own oil spill to contend with. I have rosacea which is controlled with metrogel, and most foundations at least provide some coverage of the residual redness, but not this, and I have found pimples that are definitely not rosacea related and can only be due to this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by GlitterNights

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation, it's the best I've used yet. Not too yellow or pink, 135 medium light is perfect for me.
I have used their TruBlend whipped foundation and like it but this is better and the colors are the same.
It's thick and creamy so a little goes a long way; it's never cakey looking. It gives great coverage but yet looks natural. I just apply a little extra on blemishes. Is ok for my oily skin, no breakouts.
It has spf 10 and Olay ingredients, a nice bonus. I think it actually does take off 5 years from the look of skin as it claims. Will buy again when I run out but that will be awhile as I said before a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by mfmblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It seems like people are commenting on both the liquid (shown in the pic) which comes in a pump bottle, and on the cream version (with the sponge applicator). I've used both, but this review is for the liquid/pump. I'm 45, have fair, dry skin (especially in the Northeast winters), and love this product for everyday. I can apply it quickly in trouble spots with my fingers, or use a makeup brush to get a nicer finish when I have more time. I use 120/creamy natural and 130/classic beige, depending on time of year and whether I've used a sunless tanning product lately. The price is great, it feels clean on my skin and no problems with breakouts.

I have used the other cream/sponge product and don't like it as much. I found the texture to be strangely drying, and the coverage not as good. I noticed many reviewers said they had used the CG Smoothers - I never liked that product either, so to each their own.

I've spent a lot of money on high-end foundations, and don't find they're worth it. I invest in skin care, not makeup. Bottom line, it's worth trying given the price. I have CVS near me, and they're great about letting you returned products you don't care for (with a receipt).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 4:16:00 AM More reviews by loveitlaura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is for the Advanded Radience in the bottle. I have bought this foundation time and time again...it has good coverage for my occasionlly acne prone skin and covers acne scars. You do not need to use too much of this product as the consistency of it evenly covers everything.. i generally use a small pump onto a foundation brush for each of my cheeks and forehead. I can see why people are saying this creates an oily mess on your skin after a while, but that will happen if you dont set it! It is a liquid foundation, creamy and therefore needs to be set with powder, i use the advanced radience powder in creamy natural and my skin does look radient!! I might need a little bit of powder on my tzone later in the day but hey, skin creates oil and that is whats going to happen with any foundation. It has SPF 10 which is better than nothing when im in a hurry and forget suncream. The one downfall i have about this porduct is the colours selection.. i have very pale skin and have this in ivory, and it isnt a perfect match. It is however easily blended out to look natural so it is not too much of a problem! I reccommend all to at least try it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by michelleb248

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I started using CG Advanced Radiance in the pump bottle after my mom recommended it to me. I am 28, and I am not concerned about wrinkles, but I do have an oily T-zone and I am acne-pron. But, I tried it because my mom raved about how well it blended into the skin.

I like the pump bottle - it does get every little bit out. And the makeup itself does blend into the skin very nicely and gives sheer to medium coverage.

There are TWO BIG problems for me however. First, there is no build-able coverage. If you put some on and then want to add a little more (to cover a pimple let's say), the foundation looks discolored and cakey.

Second, the foundation gets extremely oily on my skin after a very short time (like an hour). I was constantly powdering my nose. By the end of the day, all of the foundation had melted off, and I looked like I hadn't even bothered with makeup.

I really wish it worked better for me because it does blend so nicely and it looks good when I first apply it. I switched to Estee Lauder Double Wear Light which lasts all day, had build-able coverage, and absorbs oil.

I think the Cover Girl would be great for people with dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by notmyryan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The pump is about the only thing I like about this foundation. For my skin (dry, fine lines, acne-prone), it looked terrible. I saw lines around my eyes I didn't even know I had. It looked like I had a mask and for some reason I couldn't find a shade that matched. Of all the colors I tried (light to dark), all the tones seemed too pink for me. Plus it looked like a mask on my face. I won't be buying this again.