April 25, 2014 | 1176 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by allthingsgold

I find this fantastic as a concealer even just on its own without any foundation. The circles around my nose tend to be quite dry and red so this product is perfect for covering this up. The colour is a perfect match for my skin and blends very well (I use number 2 and have fair-ish skin) Touche Eclat covers any blemishes and imperfections quite well and the click feature mean you don't use too much of it and the brush means for efficient application. A brilliant concealer/highlighter would definitely recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by MadeleineRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay So this is a good product! If I could give it a 3.5/5 I would but I don't think it deserves 4 lipsticks.

This is not really a concealer as the coverage is low and it won't really cover red marks etc. But under my eyes it works really well at brightening up my face without looking like I have a heap of concealer on,

I don't rub this in, I just dab it until it blends in as I find if I rub it doesn't look like I have used any product. When I use this properly it's great! but as a highlighter not a concealer.

I haven't decided if I will repurchase, It depends how long it lasts. If it lasts 4+ months I will probably repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by kellypi07

For reference: I have light skin (I was NC35 in the summer, so I'm assuming I'm around NC25 now) and I have the color 2.5 Luminous Vanilla, which is said to be for light to medium complexions with warm undertones.

I very much like this product. Contrary to popular belief this product is not a concealer, but more of a highlighter or brightener. I don't have dark circles really, I just look super tired when I wake up so I wanted something that would brighten up my under eye area and not so much conceal it since concealer tends to look too much on me because I don't really need it. Touche Eclat is fantastic in doing exactly that; brightening the under eye area! It literally is like 8 hours of sleep in a magic wand and I instantly look awake after applying this. It doesn't stop there though, this product can be used as a face highlighter as well; down the bridge of the nose to make it look slimmer, between the brows, above the brows to give a lift, and to outline your lips to make them look fuller (works best with red lipstick).

I also love the packaging. I don't think it's gaudy like others have stated. It's a shiny gold, which to me represents its luxury. I like that it's a click pen. I just use two clicks per eye and I don't get too much product. The brush gives a great application and then I just use my ring finger to pat it in.

The price is pretty steep at $40, but in my opinion it's worth it, however I've seen similar products at drugstores, but I'm not sure how well they compare to Touche Eclat. I say if you're curious about this product to try it out for yourself at Sephora and see if it works for you. This product won't work to conceal dark circles, but what you could do and what I've heard others doing is to conceal eyes first with a good concealer and then put this over it to brighten it up.

Overall in my experience and opinion I think this is a brilliant product if used in the correct way. I will always keep one in my collection/my purse.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Silfor

I'm still super unsure about this product. I agree with other users that it kind of just disappears as soon as I apply it and I see very little difference, perhaps that's a good thing, although I think it's a bit to subtle to be worth the money. It doesn't cover my dark circles however I am aware that it's a highlight so isn't going to have too much coverage. I am yet to find a product that effectively highlights, I'll keep trying this however I'm a little disappointed

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am not sure about this product. I admit that I just might not be using it correctly, but frankly, when I am doing makeup, I just do not understand this one. It is not concealer. It is a highlighter, and can make you look quite strange.
I just don't use highlighters, and all that.
If someone here can enlighten me, I would be grateful. (So far, no one in several years here has enlightened me regarding that foundation "egg," so I am not expecting anything.
Just don't understand it.

Update: I still try this from time to time. Maybe I just have the wrong color. I bought a "2," and I am an NC 25 in MAC coloring. (Usually the second-lightest, warm, in drugstore items.) It just looks so artificially light on my skin. If there is anyone out there who might feel inclined to help me out with this, I welcome your help! :)
For the time being, I am willing to give it up; I don't need to look like a Christmas tree (especially when working in academia!).

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by pinkcandii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Tested this product 3 times at Sephora with a 6+ hour wear.

As someone with dry skin, I found the product highlighted my fine lines and ended up looking scaly after an hour of wear. Plus it being so sheer, I had to use two shades to achieve desired end results (#2.5 for undereye and a lighter shade at the corners and bridge of my nose for a little highlight). By using two clicks of product, it sorta got cakey (relatively speaking for pen highlighter/concealour products).

Would I buy it? No.
Is it pretty and fancy? Yes.

The highlight and brightening is really nice, but its finish is just not compatible with my skin and what I want :/

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by saraevans1219

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This purchase was a total impulse buy for me, it was just sitting in Beauty To Go wanting to come home with me. I hadn't read many reviews prior to buying this which is why I was so surprised I bought it on a whim. Let me tell you though, this stuff is fantastic. It's definitely not a concealer but I have very minimal dark circles so it looks quite natural on me and I'm a big fan of subtle highlighting. It's also very compact so it's perfect for your handbag or travelling. Brilliant product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by lsample

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This definitely does not cover my birthmark on the side of my face, but it does a nice job of highlighting and concealing minor imperfections. I like to use it on the corners of the insides of my eyes, around the curve of my nostrils , and right above my brow bone. It also works really well as a primer on my eyelids. I wish it didn't have the click feature, because when you tend to click too much, a lot of product comes out that ends up being wasted. At this price, you don't want to waste it. One thing that I really like about this is that it does not settle into fine lines around my eyes. It actually gives off reflective light that makes the lines seem smoother. Other concealers tend to be too heavy and make the lines look worse. This will continue to be a favorite of mine for years to come.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by reneefree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to save up and once in a while treat myself to an expensive foundation, concealer or another product that promises to take away my imperfections and create a more attractive face. I am disappointed occasionally that I still in fact don't look like the airbrushed "beauties" on the magazines, but this product did not work for me at all.
It did not highlight, conceal or improve my skin in the slightest ... just sort of lay on my skin without contributing to an improved version of it.
I'm sure it has worked for some people - maybe I just don't know how to use it properly to get out its full potential.
But its a no from me for this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Highlighted as promised for about 2 hours, then faded away. Givenchy's Mr. Light lasts all day and is a superb alternative.