September 17, 2014 | 2178 users online

Shampoo - Suave - Professionals Sleek Look Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 3:14:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBabyShine

OMG PRICE IS SOO WORTH iT. I have straight hair to begin with but i also have layers and sometimes my hair can become sightly freezy and the top layers start bending in odd ways..totaly helps smooth it out. some days i dont even have to go over with a straightner. so in a way its a hit or miss in that sense but atleast its not frizzy like before :0

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I'm not sure what the hell happened to my hair in the past month but it's so wavy and frizzy lately. My usual shampoo just wasn't cutting it and I needed something to smooth and soothe my hair. So, I picked up this shampoo (the new grey bottle) up for $2.50. I always wanted to try Matrix Sleek but didn't care for the smell of it at all! I can't bring myself to use a shampoo that smells all sorts of rancid. Sauve Sleek smells sooooo nice. It's a bit sweet and floral but not too overpowering. I must say, this did a good job taming my crazy hair. I do feel a coating with this shampoo and I can foresee this causing build up if you wash your hair daily. I would rec a clairifying shampoo on your every 3rd or 4th wash to prevent any build up. But, I'm not worried, I'll take anything just to have shiny smooth hair!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm writing for the "new" greyish bottle version they just came out with, it also says "sleek" and so I assume it's the same shampoo we're talking about.
For approx. 2 dollars, this shampoo is great! Actually, it makes my hair feel very soft and shiny, and usually I only use salon brands because none of the drugstore shampoos ever really worked for me. I also used the conditioner once now, and I really like the result. It does keep my hair frizz-free, with the high humidity we have right now in June. Like it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wish I could comment on the new formulation of this product, but I still use the all-over orange bottle because I still had some left. I wouldn't imagine that it would be too different from the new formulation, but here our my thoughts...
I have used the Matrix Sleek Look design before, and it was pretty nice. I love the shampoo and conditioner. After seeing this, I thought why not try it? It all honestly, I couldn't tell a huge difference between the cheap Suave and the expensive Matrix. I would have to say that the Suave is actually better, just because it felt lighter in my hair. I was impressed.
I haven't tried the newest formulation yet, but I intend to. I hope it isn't too different, but I will find out. If it is anything like it used to be though, I'm sure I will love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by alohahawaii

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok EWWWWWWWWWW!
I have been on the hunt for an inexpensive shampoo and conditioner. I started doing research and saw so many rave reviews on the Suave Professional Line. Upon first impression, this Shampoo and Conditioner smelled so wonderful and I hear that this is great for frizzy hair. Ummmm Hell Noooooo! I couldn't get over the perfumy, flowery, disgusting scent which surprised me due to my first impression of smelling it in the bottle prior to purchase. Also, my hair is the frizziest it has ever been! I even bought the Sleek Anti-Frizz Leave In. Thank goodness I am off today so I can rewash it tonight. I normally wash my hair every other day, but I can't stomach another day. I will NOT be repurchasing this product and I am too ashamed to even give this crap away. Thank goodness it was only $5.00 for the two bottles.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by sexytresses

I used this once upon a time when the bottle was orange all over and from what I remembered it worked pretty well. This time, however, not sure if they changed the formula but it seems my hair gets dried out and frizzy when using the shampoo and conditioner combination. I like how it smells [can't really describe it] but I'm going to have to discontinue use. Wayyy too drying

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by denamurray

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I stopped using this for a couple of years when they changed the smell. I was using expensive brands on and off, and they seemed to be doing the job on my thick frizzy curly-but-daily flatironed hair.

Then recently my hair completely changed, it became SO unmanageable I couldn't even run my fingers through it. I tried EVERYTHING to get it back to the way it was. WEN, JOICO, treatments, deep conditioners, high-end smoothing balms, nothing would do it. They conditioned but my hair felt dull and almost dirty,

Sucker that I am for new packaging, I picked up my old favorite Suave Sleek Look at the grocery store this weekend. MY HAIR IS AMAZING! Shiny, soft, smooth, flowing with movement and feels clean at the same time. I'm so happy!!! I will be using this stuff once again for the foreseeable future. Best stuff on the market for dry frizzy hair, I would pay 10x more for such great results!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by obsess1beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has some kind of tropical coconut smell to it that smelled okay in the bottle, but once it gets on your hair it will NOT come out and it leaves you smelling like a wet dog. My hair felt soft upon the first wash, but on the second one there was an obvious layer of dimethicone. So I smelled like a wet, coconut-crisco covered dog. Ew. I threw this stuff out so fast. It broke me out too! Never ever again. I liked the past version of the suave sleek that smelled like bug spray as opposed to this newer one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by lcn706

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo/conditioner. I have thick, wavy hair and this really helps to tame the frizz. It works just as well (if not better) than the matrix brand, which really surprised me. I've been using nothing but this shampoo/conditioner since christmas and don't plan on switching any time soon. It's a great alternative for all you wavy-haired ladies who want to save a little extra cash!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by SummerLuvin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this. I just can't get past the smell. It has this awfully strong, powdery, perfume scent to it. It literally made me gag in the shower, and about a half hour after my shower, I was so nauseous from the scent that still strongly lingered in my hair. I dried my hair with a dryer, and it dissipated quite a bit after that, thankfully. I used this with the conditioner, and while my hair felt slightly smoother to the touch, it also felt as though there was a lot of product on each strand. Upon inspection in the mirror, my hair still had a lot of frizz and flyaways. It really didn't do much. I'll stick to the Suave Rosemary Mint Shampoo which smells amazing and leaves my hair shiny and soft.