July 25, 2014 | 1986 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Beautiful

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 7:53:00 AM More reviews by jababy3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am reading people calling this old lady perfume... I call this classic, sophisticated and just like the name says... Beautiful! I wear this because I want to be percieved that way.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by 1hotchick909

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely, love this scent. I've been wearing Beautiful for twenty years and plan to keep on, it is my signature fragrance. Even men have recognized the scent! Still love this perfume and cannot imagine discontinue using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by hkempler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My signature scent. I've been wearing since I was 10 years old (not joking). Itís such a beautiful scent, like the name sake. Itís very floral and feminine.

However, it could smell heavier at times. I guess thatís why they came up with a lighter version, which I BTW donít care much about.

I wear Beautiful most of the time, except a few months in the summer when I tend to stray away and use a lighter scent (or scented body oil), then come back to it again in the fall.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by anneys

I'm a teacher and I have been wearing beautiful for as long as I can remember. While the children of my class generally dislike perfumes , they adore beautiful. Also male and female friends often make compliments. I never tire of this perfume. I hope to grow old in it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

I was surprised at how much I liked Beautiful, but I think it's the really fine blending of all those floral notes that does it. I find each flower turning its head up at me in turn. It has a classic feel, starts soapy (I get the feeling this perfume is responsible for a lot of the "rose=soap" associations out there) and gradually mellows into something really quite gentle and warm with the florals providing more of a complement and everything so well balanced it's hard to tell individual notes apart.

Yep, it's big. I find that going VERY easy on it helps a lot -- just the merest wisp. And I really like it layered over a base of Egyptian musk. I don't necessarily find it formal worn this way -- it suggest barefoot in the spring to me, actually.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Fleurine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Top notes: Mandarin, rose, tuberose, marigold, lily
Middle notes: Floral, ylang-ylang, jasmine, orange flower
Base notes: Vetiver, sandalwood

Estee Lauder's Beautiful is an iconic modern classic, in the same way as is Princess Diana's Wedding Dress. Enormous. Formal. Impressive. Luxe. Overdone. Not Sexy. Hard to Wear. Aloof. Regal. And did I mention 80's? This lady is loud and proud, with monster sillage a la Chanel Coco. It comes as no surprise that EL has marketed this for decades as a bridal fragrance.
Beautiful has about every heady floral note going, from lily to ylang ylang to marigold, and vetiver in the base, for added formality.This fragrance is a hybrid of a floral/green/chypre, while I think I would have hard time wearing it, I do like it. It feels like a spring wedding to me, but a wedding of a *certain* type.
If you plan on gathering 300 or more of your closest friends and relations in a formal sunny room, and are wearing a huge silk and tulle poof dress, and you need your fragrance to project "Beautiful" to the very last row, then this may very well be your wedding fragrance. A big scent for a very big day.
Maybe I'll give it a 4+.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Banjos

Actually, I never bought this because the samples in magazines were just repulsive to me. Never has a fragrance caused such a negative reaction with me. Sure, some I did not like but this was just horrible. Fragrance is very individual so please do not be offended if you like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Yuck..I can't stand the scent of this. I'm not sure why this makes me feel sick like I could vomit at any time.This is so strong and stinks. It smells like it's from the 80's.I think this could be the most repulsive frangrance to my me it makes me feel sick. I never actually sprayed this on myself,the negative reactions I had with this is just from whiffing the bottle. I get a headache even if this is in a magazine. I would be terrified of what would happen if I actually sprayed this on my body.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a "test first" scent. Every time I have tried to wear this fragrance over the years, longing to coax out the deep plushy woodsy floral I smell on others, all I get on my skin is a truly stomach-churning cacophonous chemical twang with a faint hit of rotting marigolds. Yet I've known more than one woman-- including my neighbor-- who rock this one well. On those women, it has the same luxuriant,assertive allure as other '80s bombshells like Ungaro Diva and Giorgio Red. I have to say, this doesn't smell any better to me in the bottle than it does on my skin, so I am forced to conclude that there are women whose skin chemistry simply coaxes the beauty out of Beautiful. Sadly, that will never be me.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 11:26:00 AM More reviews by lorieamai

I wore Beautiful layered for many, many years. I started after college and continued well into my late 30s. At that point I couldn't even smell it anymore. But I ALWAYS got compliments on it, especially from men. Now I'm in my mid-40s and my body chemistry has changed. I haven't found any fragrance yet to replace it that I enjoy as much or get as many compliments as I used to when I wore Beautiful. It's worth the money for sure.