Estee Lauder Beautiful

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This perfume smells amazing on me. It is a classic. I got it for Christmas. It is very expensive though. Never go a day with out it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite closet perfumes. Its hard to explain the smell but to simply state it reminds me of the smell of ellegsnce. When I know I am about to go out to a fancy diner I pump a couple sprays on and I'm ready to get the night rocking!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have to say that it irks a bit to keep getting asked what perfume I’m wearing and not be able to reply with some fascinating French name. No, I have to say ‘Beautiful by Estee Lauder.’ Over the years it has been the closest perfume I've had to a ‘signature’ and the only one that gets regular compliments (apart for the original, long-gone Fendi).
I remember an early advert for Beautiful which said something like ‘the fragrance of 1000 flowers’. I’m sure this statement is exaggeration - but it's better than a picture of a model in a wedding frock.
The florals in Beautiful are splendidly out-going but Beautiful isn’t just a bouquet. There are green and herbaceous notes backing it up. I'm reminded of the mossy smell of a Barbour jacket hanging in a boot-room. Beautiful is a bit more complex than it gets credit for.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

For some reason, classic (sometimes called old lady) fragrances tend to work best on me. I don't know why. A lot of newer fragrances start out okay on me and then turn. I went with Beautiful as my fall/winter fragrance this year. I usually wear Clinque Aromatics Elixir, which is also a classic. I decided to switch it up to this fragrance. I like how it's floral without being too sweet. I like it, but understand this kind of frangrance isn't for everyone's body chemistry.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've loved this fragrance since I discovered it as a sophomore in high school. Then, I wore it as a flowerbomb - sprayed on, heavily, for maximum silage.

What's surprised me about this perennial addition to my Giftmas stocking is how well I've been able to continue wearing it as I've moved solidly into adulthood. To keep things modern, I wear it as a skin scent, applying a tiny spritz to a cotton ball, then transferring the scent to key points: wrists & elbow-crook pulse points, breast bone, and small of back. Provided I keep the application light, it gives me a lovely, light-floral scent that lingers just above my skin, so only I (and those I want very close to me) can smell it. Because it's such a strong scent, it lasts for hours on me.

It's a blended scent, so the top-note/dry-down experience is pretty limited - it's fairly straight-floral from application to skin, in my experience. This isn't a problem for me, as I'm not always looking for a scent that changes over the course of the day. Because it lasts, it makes a great base for other scents, as well.

Pros: floral scent, lasts all day, versatile if applied carefully, great for layering
Cons: easy to over-apply, can feel dated

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Gosh, I wore this in high school lol. I loved it back then, and I still think it's an alright fragrance. I just wouldn't buy it now because there are so many fragrances I haven't tried.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i love syrupy thick fragrances like this. this is a beautiful big floral if you love roses/white flowers like i do.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

As soon as I sprayed this on my wrist I knew I hated it. I immediately recognised the scent. It's one I smell on ladies in public from time to time and I dislike it every time. I couldn't wait to scrub this off. It reminds me of moth balls, stuffy closets full of old fussy clothing and stale urine public toilet odor, and I am not trying to be snarky or insulting to those who like and wear this scent. I guess I just don't get it. I have always thought the ad with the bride was pretty and feminine and while I wasn't expecting Beautiful to be a childish fruity candy smelling number, what I smell definity doesn't evoke images of a beautiful bride. To each his own, as I'm sure there are scent I love that others find revolting. This one is just not for me.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am reading people calling this old lady perfume... I call this classic, sophisticated and just like the name says... Beautiful! I wear this because I want to be percieved that way.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Absolutely, love this scent. I've been wearing Beautiful for twenty years and plan to keep on, it is my signature fragrance. Even men have recognized the scent! Still love this perfume and cannot imagine discontinue using it.

Popular Fragrances