Estee Lauder Beautiful

3.4

on 9/30/2012 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

For some reason, classic (sometimes called old lady) fragrances tend to work best on me. I don't know why. A lot of newer fragrances start out okay on me and then turn. I went with Beautiful as my fall/winter fragrance this year. I usually wear Clinque Aromatics Elixir, which is also a classic. I decided to switch it up to this fragrance. I like how it's floral without being too sweet. I like it, but understand this kind of frangrance isn't for everyone's body chemistry.

on 6/24/2012 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've loved this fragrance since I discovered it as a sophomore in high school. Then, I wore it as a flowerbomb - sprayed on, heavily, for maximum silage.

What's surprised me about this perennial addition to my Giftmas stocking is how well I've been able to continue wearing it as I've moved solidly into adulthood. To keep things modern, I wear it as a skin scent, applying a tiny spritz to a cotton ball, then transferring the scent to key points: wrists & elbow-crook pulse points, breast bone, and small of back. Provided I keep the application light, it gives me a lovely, light-floral scent that lingers just above my skin, so only I (and those I want very close to me) can smell it. Because it's such a strong scent, it lasts for hours on me.

It's a blended scent, so the top-note/dry-down experience is pretty limited - it's fairly straight-floral from application to skin, in my experience. This isn't a problem for me, as I'm not always looking for a scent that changes over the course of the day. Because it lasts, it makes a great base for other scents, as well.

Pros: floral scent, lasts all day, versatile if applied carefully, great for layering
Cons: easy to over-apply, can feel dated

on 6/18/2012 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Gosh, I wore this in high school lol. I loved it back then, and I still think it's an alright fragrance. I just wouldn't buy it now because there are so many fragrances I haven't tried.

on 6/12/2012 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i love syrupy thick fragrances like this. this is a beautiful big floral if you love roses/white flowers like i do.

on 5/25/2012 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

As soon as I sprayed this on my wrist I knew I hated it. I immediately recognised the scent. It's one I smell on ladies in public from time to time and I dislike it every time. I couldn't wait to scrub this off. It reminds me of moth balls, stuffy closets full of old fussy clothing and stale urine public toilet odor, and I am not trying to be snarky or insulting to those who like and wear this scent. I guess I just don't get it. I have always thought the ad with the bride was pretty and feminine and while I wasn't expecting Beautiful to be a childish fruity candy smelling number, what I smell definity doesn't evoke images of a beautiful bride. To each his own, as I'm sure there are scent I love that others find revolting. This one is just not for me.

on 4/18/2012 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am reading people calling this old lady perfume... I call this classic, sophisticated and just like the name says... Beautiful! I wear this because I want to be percieved that way.

on 4/10/2012 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Absolutely, love this scent. I've been wearing Beautiful for twenty years and plan to keep on, it is my signature fragrance. Even men have recognized the scent! Still love this perfume and cannot imagine discontinue using it.

on 3/7/2012 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

My signature scent. I've been wearing since I was 10 years old (not joking). Itís such a beautiful scent, like the name sake. Itís very floral and feminine.

However, it could smell heavier at times. I guess thatís why they came up with a lighter version, which I BTW donít care much about.

I wear Beautiful most of the time, except a few months in the summer when I tend to stray away and use a lighter scent (or scented body oil), then come back to it again in the fall.

on 2/19/2012 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm a teacher and I have been wearing beautiful for as long as I can remember. While the children of my class generally dislike perfumes , they adore beautiful. Also male and female friends often make compliments. I never tire of this perfume. I hope to grow old in it.

on 2/16/2012 1:47:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I was surprised at how much I liked Beautiful, but I think it's the really fine blending of all those floral notes that does it. I find each flower turning its head up at me in turn. It has a classic feel, starts soapy (I get the feeling this perfume is responsible for a lot of the "rose=soap" associations out there) and gradually mellows into something really quite gentle and warm with the florals providing more of a complement and everything so well balanced it's hard to tell individual notes apart.

Yep, it's big. I find that going VERY easy on it helps a lot -- just the merest wisp. And I really like it layered over a base of Egyptian musk. I don't necessarily find it formal worn this way -- it suggest barefoot in the spring to me, actually.

Popular Fragrances