November 28, 2014 | 1694 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Ponds - bare and repair conditioning eye makeup remover with grapeseed extract and vitamin e [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2007 10:35:00 PM More reviews by jalmy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm on my second bottle of this and I love it! It removes eye makeup really well, doesn't irritate my skin, and doesn't leave a greasy residue. It's also inexpensive. What more could a girl want in an eye makeup remover?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2007 11:23:00 PM More reviews by ShoppingMommy

I absolutely love this stuff and I cannot find it anywhere now. The website says nothing about it being discontinued, so I still have hope.

I tried several eye makeup removers including Lancome and Clinique and they left my eyes very sore and like I had been crying for hours. However, this stuff has never done that. I have gone through three bottles of it and never had a problem, plus it removes all the makeup that it needs to. I do not wear waterproof mascara, but I do wear MAC Fluidlines and it takes that off without a problem.

I dont know what I will do if I cant find this anywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2007 7:20:00 AM More reviews by catgrin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is indeed a wonderful eye makeup remover. In a fit of laziness, I used this product on a cotton pad and swabbed all over my face to see if it would remove the rest of my makeup. It appeared to remove the majority of the foundation, so I lightly blotted my now somewhat greasy face against a towel and went to bed. To my amazement, I woke up the next morning with baby smooth, soft, totally hydrated and glowing skin. I kept touching my face and looking in the mirror in surprise. I'm a little hard pressed to recommend this approach to anyone, because goodness knows -- everyone's face is different and I don't want to be responsible for a rash of cystic breakouts across the English speaking world, but it's certainly worth a mention to those who are experimentally minded. I am 37 yrs old, with fair skin, not oily, and prone to dryness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2007 9:21:00 AM More reviews by renee1100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great great product. Removes my waterproof mascara. Great price. What's not to love. I found this at Target.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2007 9:03:00 PM More reviews by melbay

Love this stuff. Works great, keeps my delicate 50-year old eyes moisturized, and it's cheap! Can't find it in any brick & mortar store, so I have to buy it online at www.drugstore.com. Wish I could find it at a drug store or Target or something. I just buy 3 or 4 bottles at a time so I don't get zonked on shipping.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2007 12:40:00 PM More reviews by sbksbj

SADLY, THIS HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED :(

RAVE! RAVE! RAVE! This has replaced my HG Chanel bi-phase eye make-up remover. Pond's Bare and Repair is everything I've been looking for in a bi-phase make-up remover, cheap, removes waterproof stubborn makeup with ease, leaves no greasy residue clouding my contacts, very gentle and no stinging. Can't RAVE about this enough!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2007 9:24:00 PM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The reviews on this one are accurate. I had to try out the highest-rated popular makeup remover and I wasn't disappointed. Thanks ladies!

This comes in a small bottle with a cap that doesn't leak. The opening is narrow enough not to gush product too much but has no "sieve" so it's best to press your cotton ball tightly to it to avoid wasting the precious product! It's got two layers of fluid, blue and white, which you shake together before using. Removes every trace of makeup with no tugging, no stinging, softly and gently. I didn't think makeup remover that was this gentle existed. I find myself using lots of it because it actually feels GOOD on my skin and it never, ever, ever stings even a little bit. It also has a nicer smell than most.

The only cons are that it's very hard to find-I ordered it online-and the bottle is pretty small and used up quickly. If you can find it, I highly recommend it.

Edit: I learned it's been discontinued. I'm going to race to order the last bottles left online and petition Ponds to bring it back.What a shame.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2007 4:40:00 PM More reviews by tarumeow

This is a really great eye make up remover, i have very sensitive eyes, this product doesnt sing my eye nor makes my eye itches. Best part of all, the oil doesnt blurr my eyes like other oil base make up remover does! It's gentle and cleans very well! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2007 9:03:00 PM More reviews by NonSequitur

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I haven't found many things that are as impressive as this makeup remover. It gets everything off my eyes and lips with a few swabs of a Q-Tip, moisturizes without being greasy, and doesn't break me out at all. It doesn't irritate my eyes, my nose or my wallet either. I hope this is never discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2007 9:35:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is like a cheaper version of Lancome's Bi-Facil, they both work just as well. If you dont feel like spending $24 on Lancome get this it will do a great job.
I dont know how it works on waterproof makeup since I dont use it.
Does not sting or irritate.
I always pick up 2 bottles just to be safe because not all stores carry it.
The only thing I hate is the packaging the stuff pores out, but I get over that once I see the great job it does at removing my makeup.