September 15, 2014 | 1816 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Cream Shaper for Eyes - Chocolate Lustre

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Sass111

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Beautiful chocolate brown shade which is obvious from the name chocolate lustre, it is exactly that. Love this liner it's a staple item for me, I use this one as my night time liner and the brown sugar shade in the day time. It's very creamy and soft, you won't get a hard sharp point with this liner and I like that. It doesn't smudge once it has set and staying power is very good. And even when it does eventually fade this liner doesn't ever leave smeary dark smudges under the eye like some eyeliners do. I use mine on my lower lid but I think they would be pretty good on the upper too as they are nice and soft to apply...but I prefer to use Mac or BB gel eyeliners for my top lid as there is better precision with them and BB choc shimmer gel goes really well on the top lid with this one on the bottom lid. A great eyeliner, I will definitely repurchase when I have run out. They would be completely perfect if they came with their own sharpener though! I added the photo above with all the eyeliner swatches, choc lustre and brown sugar are included in that photo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Juicy_TNA

I have 3 cream shapers: Egyptian, Black Diamond, and Chocolate Lustre.

This is my 2nd favorite out of the 3, the 1st being Egyptian.

Chocolate Lustre is a beeeeautiful brown that makes me look gorgeous! I have experienced very little smudging and it lasts all day. I find this color really compliments my brown hair/eyes and med-light skin.

Cream shapers apply flawlessly smooth and is totally worth the $17CDN price tag since with regular use and sharpening they'll last me 1-1.5 years. However, I do rotate amongst other liners so use your judgement :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by elleLuv5

Great eyeliner and the colour even better!! Its so creamy that it makes application really easy. It basically just glides on nicely unlike some eyeliner in which I find that I have to line hard just to get it right. But with this it just goes on so nice and smooth. The colour makes my dark brown eyes pop out. Definitely a must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 7:17:00 AM More reviews by thumbeline

Incredible staying power, application tug free. Makes my dark brown eyes move away from blah and towards chocolatey depth and warmth. Very very happy with this product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by peggy1234

I'm in love-this is HG for me. I've bought these in all the different colors. I seem to grab the black and brown the most. It's quick easy long lasting, creamy but not smeary and beautiful. I'm so glad I found this!
Update-Sept 2010 -They CHANGED the formula and it's horrible now!
I'm now using Lancome artliner and Mac paint pots and Bobbi brown.
I have to knock the points back as the new formula is AWFUL!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by nightinggale07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is easily the softest, most pliable, smoothest, most beautiful brown eyeliner I own- and I own tons. It glides on like a dream where other eyeliners have snagged. This pencil allows me to use a light pressure, while still applying quite a bit of color where I'd had to press down to get others to work. It also applies the color evenly :)

It's pencil form and is a dark (neutral?) brown that I can see working with a multitude of skintones with just a bit of sparkle to it.

I love this eyeliner with its creamy goodness and will continue to purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by momof3blonds

Why did I wait so long to try this!! Usually use the quickliner (love it) and wanted to try this because I really liked the color. It stays all day--and doesn't budge! Love--and have since gotten the purple too!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 12:24:00 PM More reviews by xfallenx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

This is most definitely my HG pencil eyeliner. This eyeliner is a beautiful dark brown colour with a very subtle hint of shimmer. Perfect for daytime or evening. It has a creamy consistency which glides across the skin without tugging at the delicate eye area. Because of it's consistency it means it is easy to smudge to create a subtle effect, but also works un-smudged to give a more dramatic effect.

This eyeliner costs around 13.00 in the UK, which is definitely expensive for an eyeliner. The price is definitely the only con to this product.

The packaging is a standard pencil. It is the same colour as the eyeliner itself with a silver top and the silver Clinique logo on. There is something different about the material the pencil is made out of though as it is an absolute dream to sharpen.

Would I buy this product again? Absolutely. This is my HG pencil eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I got this as a dual-ended liner (the other end is cocoa shimmer) in a Clinique set from Sephora. I love this color. I wanted a metallic low-shimmer cocoa color and this is the perfect shade! It's really pretty and I really like the finish. It's creamy, easy to apply, and stays put. It's not your basic, flat dark brown which makes it prettier and more exciting to use. Think cocoa-powder colored. It's very wearable for daytime and just pretty. I love the other end too :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 3:28:00 PM More reviews by VioletPearl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best eyeliner I ever had. Creamy but not smudges and stays on for a long time. The colour is also really georgeus, it is a really rich chocolate brown with subtle shimmers in it. I also really like the material of the pencil, wich is not wood but a plastic-y material that can be easily sharpened.
It is a really pricey product, but I think I will repurchase it, because it is sooooo good. ♥