Clinique Cream Shaper for Eyes - Chocolate Lustre

4.6

on 10/24/2010 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

The color is an incredible deep chocolate brown with the slightest hints of golden bronze shimmer. The formula is great, I use this over eyeshadow primer mostly under my eyes and it stays put all day but sometimes the color will fade a little after 5 hours or so. If I need longer wear then a touch of eyeshadow on top will set it for the whole day. The consistency is really smooth, gliding on easily without tugging at my eyes and i have never have a look which doesn't compliment the brown of this liner (and I use a really wide range of eyeshadow colors). The slight shimmer also keeps my eyes looking bright even when i have dark circles after a long night out. All in all a wonderful liner for all occasions.

on 10/16/2010 1:40:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Beautiful chocolate brown shade which is obvious from the name chocolate lustre, it is exactly that. Love this liner it's a staple item for me, I use this one as my night time liner and the brown sugar shade in the day time. It's very creamy and soft, you won't get a hard sharp point with this liner and I like that. It doesn't smudge once it has set and staying power is very good. And even when it does eventually fade this liner doesn't ever leave smeary dark smudges under the eye like some eyeliners do. I use mine on my lower lid but I think they would be pretty good on the upper too as they are nice and soft to apply...but I prefer to use Mac or BB gel eyeliners for my top lid as there is better precision with them and BB choc shimmer gel goes really well on the top lid with this one on the bottom lid. A great eyeliner, I will definitely repurchase when I have run out. They would be completely perfect if they came with their own sharpener though! I added the photo above with all the eyeliner swatches, choc lustre and brown sugar are included in that photo.

on 8/14/2010 1:04:00 AM

I have 3 cream shapers: Egyptian, Black Diamond, and Chocolate Lustre.

This is my 2nd favorite out of the 3, the 1st being Egyptian.

Chocolate Lustre is a beeeeautiful brown that makes me look gorgeous! I have experienced very little smudging and it lasts all day. I find this color really compliments my brown hair/eyes and med-light skin.

Cream shapers apply flawlessly smooth and is totally worth the $17CDN price tag since with regular use and sharpening they'll last me 1-1.5 years. However, I do rotate amongst other liners so use your judgement :)

on 7/26/2010 10:15:00 PM

Great eyeliner and the colour even better!! Its so creamy that it makes application really easy. It basically just glides on nicely unlike some eyeliner in which I find that I have to line hard just to get it right. But with this it just goes on so nice and smooth. The colour makes my dark brown eyes pop out. Definitely a must have!

on 7/23/2010 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Incredible staying power, application tug free. Makes my dark brown eyes move away from blah and towards chocolatey depth and warmth. Very very happy with this product!

on 6/26/2010 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm in love-this is HG for me. I've bought these in all the different colors. I seem to grab the black and brown the most. It's quick easy long lasting, creamy but not smeary and beautiful. I'm so glad I found this!
Update-Sept 2010 -They CHANGED the formula and it's horrible now!
I'm now using Lancome artliner and Mac paint pots and Bobbi brown.
I have to knock the points back as the new formula is AWFUL!

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is easily the softest, most pliable, smoothest, most beautiful brown eyeliner I own- and I own tons. It glides on like a dream where other eyeliners have snagged. This pencil allows me to use a light pressure, while still applying quite a bit of color where I'd had to press down to get others to work. It also applies the color evenly :)

It's pencil form and is a dark (neutral?) brown that I can see working with a multitude of skintones with just a bit of sparkle to it.

I love this eyeliner with its creamy goodness and will continue to purchase!

on 5/22/2010 11:05:00 AM

Why did I wait so long to try this!! Usually use the quickliner (love it) and wanted to try this because I really liked the color. It stays all day--and doesn't budge! Love--and have since gotten the purple too!

on 3/28/2010 12:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This is most definitely my HG pencil eyeliner. This eyeliner is a beautiful dark brown colour with a very subtle hint of shimmer. Perfect for daytime or evening. It has a creamy consistency which glides across the skin without tugging at the delicate eye area. Because of it's consistency it means it is easy to smudge to create a subtle effect, but also works un-smudged to give a more dramatic effect.

This eyeliner costs around 13.00 in the UK, which is definitely expensive for an eyeliner. The price is definitely the only con to this product.

The packaging is a standard pencil. It is the same colour as the eyeliner itself with a silver top and the silver Clinique logo on. There is something different about the material the pencil is made out of though as it is an absolute dream to sharpen.

Would I buy this product again? Absolutely. This is my HG pencil eyeliner.

on 2/21/2010 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this as a dual-ended liner (the other end is cocoa shimmer) in a Clinique set from Sephora. I love this color. I wanted a metallic low-shimmer cocoa color and this is the perfect shade! It's really pretty and I really like the finish. It's creamy, easy to apply, and stays put. It's not your basic, flat dark brown which makes it prettier and more exciting to use. Think cocoa-powder colored. It's very wearable for daytime and just pretty. I love the other end too :)