Givenchy Mister Light

4.1

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG concealer. I love the consistency, quality and tone of this concealer. I first bought it about one-and-a-half years ago, and stopped using it once it got over because I grew frustrated with the packaging, and I wanted to experiment with concealers for a bit. However, I recently came back to it, and I don't think I'll be switching to anything else anytime soon.

I feel like some changes have been made to the packaging, because our relationship is much more smoother than it was one-and-a-half years ago! It glides on and blends amazingly and covers up dark circles extremely well. This is saying alot because I do have slightly darker circles, along with a dry eye area that produces too much oil on the eye-lids to over compensate. This concealer however, continues to do its job well, despite the numerous obstacles it faces. The colour, Mister Toast, is also perfect match for my skin to boot!

I'm really happy with this concealer and wholeheartedly recommend it.

on 2/17/2013 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

The BEST. Totally hides dark circles, brightens under-eye area, does not settle into lines. lasts all day on oily skin, hydrating, but not greasy, what more could you want from an eye concealer? I have used countless concealers and nothing comes close to this one. It's not cheap, but it delivers. I am NC25 and I wear #4. Love it..

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Can I just say OMG! I am in loooove with this. I have dark circles, but my skin is also dry, so most concealers tend to look cakey and provide minimal coverage. This not only brightens my under eye, it blends flawlessly and is super hydrating, so it keeps the wrinkles under my eyes to a minimum. I have tried the pen by YSL before which I liked, but this has that beat. Highly recommend.

on 9/24/2012 10:48:00 AM

I was sucked into the touche eclat craze, and was never impressed, so it took a very reliable source to convince me to buy Mister Light. THANK GOODNESS I did, this stuff is incredible! If I'm going out and want to look my best, this stuff eliminates any dark circles, and brightens me up to my fresh, stunning best. ALSO, as an actor, this stuff is incredible on stage. The buildable coverage on Mister Light is amazing. A truly perfect concealer. I just wish it wasn't a brush tip.

on 9/5/2012 6:55:00 PM

This is the first pen-illuminator-corrector I've tried, so I don't have a huge basis of comparison to other pens, but I have no desire to try others out as this works very very well. It's the only concealer I've used that I can pile up under my eyes without having to worry about it creasing or caking and making things look worse than without concealer. Actually..I had given up on undereye concealers for that reason until finding this. I don't wear foundation or powder..just swipe this under eyes and the sides of my nose, and my entire face looks brighter and more even. For me this is in Mr. Milk is perfect and I will always repurchase.

on 5/16/2012 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

So I actually do like this product, but I am giving it a three because I just dont think its as amazing as some other undereye stuff I've used (Armani corrector for instance--love!!!). I wanted something to use on top of my Armani corrector because the corrector will take away the dark circles and make my skin look even but if I want extra 'radiance' under my eyes, I have to add a concealer on top. So I've tried the Dior skinflash, YSL touche eclat, plus traditional concealers (MUFE, lancome effacernes, maquicomplet, chanel, clinique among others). But I always felt they either looked too cakey, made my undereye skin too dry, or the color was too obvious. On to Givenchy. Ive always wanted those undereye radiance pens to work for me but YSL and Dior didnt, so I decided to give this a try. For me, this is def better than the YSL or Dior pens, but that said, it doesnt do a whole lot of concealing. It does add a nice little tough of brightness but I find the brightness doesnt stay very long, just a temporary effect after I put it on then its gone in a few hours. I didnt notice sparkle like another reviewer mentioned, so phew. I think the color selection is limited but decent, I did find a color I think matches me well. However, I dont think this is anything too special for me honestly, Its kind of expensive and I'm not sure I'd buy it again. In all honesty the best concealer I've prob tried is CdP but its so expensive that I can't afford it. Maybe some day I'll pony up the money. I think I'll use this till it runs out, but prob wont repurchase. The pen clicker is actually a ton better than Chanel's or YSL's I find. I dont find it oozing out, hasn't gotten messy yet after about two weeks of use, so thats good. Overall though, nothing too special.

on 4/22/2012 10:41:00 AM

Purchased Mister Milk #2 for under my eyes, I am a nc15/nc20. This is a good quality concealer though the large glitter is disappointing. You can see sparkly glitter in certain light, this is a major deal breaker for me. Especially since this is more of a concealer than a highlighter but any large glitter in any product is a dealbreaker for me.

on 4/5/2012 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have been on the hunt for my perfect under-eye concealer. I have done hours of research, a few swaps here and there to try and find "the one" and have failed. I recently got a sample of this from Sephora and tried it out today and yesterday. I have to say that out of the countless under-eye concealers I've tried this is probably in first place. It stayed on all day, it did not crease (only a TINY bit and all I did was swipe my pinky finger over it and it was back to perfect). Also it wasn't drying. In my experience, under eye concealers either end up too chalky and dry or they are creamy and thick and settle into lines. This one is somewhere in between, which is what I want! It definitely has light-reflective properties and brightens under the eye. I wouldn't say it covers dark circles all that well - but its not formulated to do that. Its just a light concealer that smooths the under eye area and makes it brighter.

I really like it but I'm still on the fence about purchasing because others have mentioned problems with the crank tube... I also want to try the YSL one...

I wrote a review because after MANY concealers that didn't work I was so pleased to finally find a contender - I wanted to share that even though I don't have the full size in hopes of helping out other fellow "HG Concealer Hunters"

on 2/20/2012 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

At Sephora, an SA was showing me a look with some eyeshadows, and he finished by whipping out this concealer and magically erasing every blemish on my face, including the under eye circles caused by my seasonal allergies. I immediately had to have it, and it has not disappointed me yet. It has good staying power, good coverage on me, and most importantly, Biscuit is a great match for my skin. I haven't noticed shimmer of any kind like one previous reviewer noted, but I will agree that I really don't like the pen/brush applicator. You can never use these brushes if you want a nice finish, and I feel like the product gets caked in the bristles. What a waste, especially given the price! My search continues for a good concealer that doesn't break the bank.

on 2/11/2012 2:40:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

The packaging on this product is great! the quality of the concealer itself is also very good! But for the price i think it is a little pricey considering the amount that it contains. I would buy this product again simply because it is a brush type of concealer that it great for touching up on the go.

Top Rated Givenchy Products