November 27, 2014 | 1408 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Wet 'n' Wild - Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer--Sunkissed

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by maitai215

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great product for the price. I got it >2 yrs ago and I rarely reach for liquid and it's kept so well (in cool dry box) Since I started using it again (in a hopeless effort for a use up!) I have rediscovered love for it. My skin is kept dry and matte with my primer underneath. The color looks a bit dark at first but I use 1-2 drops all over the face so it sheers out nicely. With loose powder on top, I don't get oily all day! I like the squeeze tube and since it's semi sheer, you can see how much you have left (I still have 1/2 container left) The only concern is that the top twist off cap actually cracked so now it's a bit harder to unscrew the cap off. But for $3, who can complain?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Kazelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Being in the mature age bracket I wasn't expecting great things from this TM but amazingly it's lovely on me. Sunkissed is the perfect shade for me. It doesn't cake or feel dry at all. I've been using this for over a week and I'm actually enjoying wearing it. It's very easy to apply and blends smoothly with a nice amount of coverage and leaves a very nice dewy effect. I usualy use CG aqua smoothers which I also love but this is definately as good I'll be switching between the two all summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2011 9:09:00 AM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First of all this a very nice tinted moisturizer for so little a price tag.There was a 40% sale in RiteAid when i grabbed this, so it worked out to a 2.50 for this product which is sweetttttt.Ok back to the product which has decent amount of coverage. I have used both HardCandy and Covergirl, So this review I am going to compare Wetnwild to these other 2 products.I am giving this TM a 5 star rating as it has'nt separated or given me breakouts so far.
CONSISTENCY - & FINISH
WetnWild - Liquid slightly towards the runny side and since its not thick and goopy and its obviously very easy to apply. It dries down to a powdery matte finish and it can get a bit(teeny) oil if worn alone.So setting with powder is a must.
HardCandy - Creamy applies very easily has a very slight shimmer which works well on the skin. This has the dewy look to it and setting with powder is not a must but a choice.
Covergirl - Liquidy like WnW but super sheer so u need to use more product. This also gives a dewy look but did turn yellow on me. Super sheer so setting with powder is a must.
COLOR CHOICES -
WetnWild - I got this in the color Sunkissed which is the darkest shade in the lot.
HardCandy - I got this in Tan which looks super light in the tube but on skin it blends well on my NC40 skintone.
Covergirl - I got this in Medium to Dark which turned yellow on me..yuck.
COVERAGE -
WetnWild - Light to medium coverage depending on how clear your skin is. The coverage is pretty decent for a TM.
HardCandy - Best coverage of all these three products..
Covergirl - Poor coverage its like applying water on your face.
If I was new to the TM field..would suggest you first start with HardCandy, WetnWild and then the Covergirl. That's just my order of preference.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by avrillavigne12251

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

ok, so out of my low experience with tinted moisturizer, (this and HC's sheer envy, which like many other people, mine seperated) this is the best so far. it gives a fair amount of coverage, which is not expected for a tinted moisturizer, but it still feels nice and light. i find Sun Kissed is a little too tan for me, but the only place that carries wet n wild here, has so limited selection, that its miraculous i even found it at all, but if it keeps,(unlike HC's) it should be nice for summer, provided i dont sweat it off first. :(

it says it adjusts to your skin tone, but sunkissed, like the name suggests just makes you look more tan, or 'sunkissed'

still, next time, i hope they get natural in...

great, and the pakaging is ideal, because unlike potted foundation, youre not putting germs back in the product. not as great as pumps, though, and it is plastic...

overall, it is a great low cost tinted moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by fashionista10808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product.. i bought the sunkissed and natural mix them together and wah-lah i have my color.. and it's great it doesn't make your face look cakey.. the only con i can say is after a while of wearing my t-zone starts feeling oily.. but i am naturally oily and it could be something else i am using that could me causing me to get oily.. like my moisturizer i put on before i apply my TM.. or my matte powder i apply after my TM.. but overall i love this product and will continue to buy it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2010 5:06:00 AM More reviews by xhelloo

I LOVE this tinted moisturizer. I admit it doesn't moisturize the face that well but that's not a big deal. It has great coverage for a little amount. I only have to use the smallest dot to cover the whole face. It sometimes gives a nice dewy finish depending on how much you put. It's good for covering under eyes too. If it doesn't match your skin tone, it blends well still. Mine doesn't EXACTLY match but when I blend it, it's p-e-r-f-e-c-t. It's really nice. I recommend this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Karilon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Here's how I use this product and it's perfect....

I moisten my face, apply a LITTLE bit of moisturizer (Queen Helene Face, Hand and Body lotion which is under $5 for a HUGE plastic bottle at CVS, RiteAid - contains cocoa butter and has changed my face for the better. Check their website, Queen Helene, read about their products), then put a dab of the TM on my fingers, rub my fingers together and pat it on my face, then smooth. Beneath this TM and over the Queen Helene lotion, I dab a cover stick on problem (reddish) spots. For the money, this TM the best buy - just match YOUR color tone to the product.

For those of you who've written you experinece a greasy or oily feel, I would recommend you use an astringent prior to using this product or any other product on your face. Greasy results could also be due to using too much of this TM (or any moisturizer).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Hard to rate it accurately when I'm not certain what it IS!
Very thick and pigmented for a TM, and seems much more like a foundation to me.
I like it well enough, in fact it's surprisingly good. Decent finish, easy to blend, and dirt cheap. Seems optimal for carrying in a small makeup bag in your purse, as it's a plastic squeeze bottle and not a bulky glass container. Something to consider when flying, too. Would you rather have them confiscate your $45 Estee Lauder, or your $3 Wet 'n Wild? (Who can predict what they're going to take anyway?? Grrrrr... last time I flew I "lost" a perfectly good hair-care product because it was more than one ounce.)
I digress. A very good low-end DS foundation/moisturizer/thingy. Don't know whether I'd repurchase, but won't rule it out, either. I do think they should relabel it as "foundation," though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This is the first TM I've tried and I think it's great. I used it in 104 degree weather on vacation recently and it held up like you wouldn't believe. The color matches my skintone and blends wonderfully. Great purchase and incredible price. I got it on sale for a little over $1.00!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite TM i've tried so far but I don't think it's quite HG. Since I have oily skin it look's a tad too dewy after application and doesn't meld well with translucent setting powder.

Sunkissed is a quite nice match for my summer skin and it moisturizes well. too. I like that it has SPF and I like that it's in a squeeze bottle. I'd say the consistency is between a liquid and a gel. No funny scents noted.

Would buy again.