July 30, 2014 | 1982 users online

Eyeliner - Kanebo - KATE super sharp liner

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Boffan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Purchased this in Taiwan when I was there for a holiday. Paid NT238 (around SGD$11/USD$8) for it at a Asian chain of drugstores (Watsons).

First of all, I'm a total eyeliner newbie. Have rarely used eyeliner before and my past trials has only resulted in super-smudged/unintentional smoky eyes.

I personally find this one does what it promises - it can achieve a very thin line (due to my ineptness, I usually still end up with uneven lines as I draw my eyeliner in 2 parts), but it's super easy to wet a cotton bud and rub the offending area away.

Have worn this in Singapore (where it's super humid all the time) and have slightly oily eyelids (did not put any primer beforehand) and find that this can last me through a typical day of subway-office-shopping mall-dinner etc.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2010 4:50:00 AM More reviews by angiehalim

I do love this eyeliner a lot. But the color doesnít come out to well. I have to put it third times to make it right. Even if I already bought the black ones, but itís still comes out like a dark brown. Still, this is good eyeliner. It easy to use for a beginner, the tip is so thick and fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by lingling999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this eyeliner alot! But the colour are not dark enough so if you looking for some eyeliner with dark black then this one won't be your choice. On the other hand, if you want to have a natural look then this eyeliner will be best for you~ and it is very easy to use!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2010 1:28:00 AM More reviews by simplyyBEBE

I have pretty oily lids so I couldn't wear liquid liner without it smudging on my lids very quickly. I was hesitant about purchasing this liner because of that. However, after reading reviews on how great it is I decided to take the plunge and buy it. I love this!! I was looking for a very thin liner for days where I want to look natural and this did just that. On top of that, it didn't budge all day! No smudges on my lid from the liner :)! At least not until I wiped it off with makeup remover haha. Definitely recommend this product for people having a hard time looking for a liner that wouldn't rub off within the hour!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 11:35:00 AM More reviews by BARSI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

an overall great liner. Its v fine, has a flexible felt tip, easy to control with linng, Color comes out even. The fine tip enables thin or thick lines, and the price is great too!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by starrystarzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The brush is good, like all other Kanebo eyeliner. But the black is too sheer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 6:32:00 AM More reviews by darkpoet

This is perhaps the best liquid eyeliner I've used in a long time. I usually don't like liquid liners because the brushes tend to be clumsy, but this one lives up to its 'super sharp' claim. It basically stains your eyelid, so it never smudges, not even on the bottom eyelids! It's easily removable with a waterproof eye-makeup remover (I've used Sephora and Neutrogena), followed by any facial cleanser. I use the BK-1 (black) colour, but it's not as dark as I'd like it to be. Nevertheless, it's easy to build the colour and thickness without making a mess. This eyeliner is probably more suitable for the daytime look--natural and simple, but if you're looking for something more dramatic, try the KATE gel liner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best eyeliners I've ever used! It's easy to use and light to carry. Bought it in Japan 5 years ago and been loving it since. I get it from ebay and the price is very reasonable, only ~$15 and lasts 12months. This is a HG product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 1:09:00 PM More reviews by stopcryingurheartout

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best liquid eyeliners out there! I have been using this everyday for many years. Although the black eyeliner is not a very intense black, it allows me to use it for an everyday natural look. I like it because it is not as harsh/intense as my Lancome Artliner (for day looks). If you do purchase it in Singapore, it is as cheap if not cheaper than most drugstore eyeliners! However, it is a bit drying on the eyes but a good eye cream or rosehip oil can take care of that.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2009 3:40:00 AM More reviews by aGirlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Loveee it. Another positive review for Japanese products.

It's a liquid eyeliner that is basically like a pen. You have to shake it for the "pen" to actually work. The cap has a spring like thing in it that...actually I don't know what it does, but it's not bad!

The tip is truly "super sharp." It's really small and thin and it is so easy to apply. It goes on smooth and doesn't leave rigged lines. The line is really, really thin and it is really, really easy to just build up the thickness. I've been having issues trying the wing eyed look with my L'Oreal Lineur Intense [which is I still love and will continue to use], but it's incredibly easy to do with the Super Sharp Liner because the tip is so small. Great for detailed work.

The eyeliner description says that it is strong against sweat and water.
I went to Disneyland yesterday and it was pretty hot and it stayed all day, until I went on Splash Mountain.
I sat at the front and my face got drenched. I checked in the mirror, and it was almost like the top layer of the black color came off and spread, but there was still a "stain" of my eyeliner on my eyes. So as for as I know, the eyeliner stays, but not all of it.

It retails for 1000 yen, and I bought it for 20% off. 0.6mL.
Now my favorite liquid liners are the Kate Super Sharp Liner and L'Oreal Lineur Intense.