August 23, 2014 | 1827 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a very nice sample of this with my recent purchase at L'Occitane, and it's a very lovely cleansing shower oil. It's warming, slightly foaming, and leaves you nice and moisturized after you rinse. I am not too crazy about the scent...if it smelled just like the amande creme did, I would be over the moon. I will use of the sample and look forward to trying a different shower oil next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by sedateme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a perfect choice for anyone with dry skin. The smell is beautiful but it may be too much for some people, so I can't recommend buying this product online without trying it before. Also great to use instead of shaving foam. I used to work at L'Occitane store and this was definitely one of the most popular products (also used by men). This is my personal no 1 shower product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in a mini version and can't wait to get the original size. I love oil cleanser because I have very dry skin, especially during the winter time, and oil cleansers are really great for protecting your skin especially if you take multiple showers a day like I do. And it smell lovely. Whenever I use this the bathrooms smells nicely for hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2011 1:44:00 AM More reviews by muppetco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Was looking for a nice shower gel with a not so overpowering scent and would be moisturizing for skin. Decided to give this a try. Goes on nicely, its an oil and when you start washing, it lathers up. The only thing I did not like was the scent. It just didn't do anything for me and I actually didn't like the way I smelled after washing with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 6:23:00 AM More reviews by roachz81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love the smell sooooo much! Love the soothing sweet smell that lasts, and stays in my sheets. if you use this everyday, the whole apartment will smell of this :)

It is more moisturizing than conventional shower gel/foams, but is not as moisturizing as i have expected it to be, esp. for colder months. So, i would say i like this for the smell, mostly.

I recommend though that it is best to use it up quickly towards the end, because otherwise it will gel up, smell funny and look pretty disgusting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is awesome! I have been using the Almond oil for a few yrs now..finally i tried this at the store at Roosevelt Fields Mall in Long Island NY and a few weeks later actually now with Sephora F&f Sale and I love this product as it is amazing...It lathers softly and is not tooo haevy..It leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturized

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by tadukhipa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

now this here is one of the reason why i fell in love with L'Occitane in the first place. The smell is divine and it leaves the skin so soft. The only down side to this is the price but all great things come at a price so it makes sense.
I definitely REPURCHASE and RECOMMEND to everybody!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by EmmaMo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Usually I have to moisturise after every shower as I have pretty dry skin. However, when I'm in a rush and have to skip the moisturiser I use this and it really saves my skin from drying out. It forms a milky, very light lather and has a sweet almond smell. I'm not the biggest fan of almond scents but this dries down to be quite subtle and pleasant. I like the balance between cleansing and moisturising properties, but if you need a really thorough clean you probably need something with more lather. This is also great for shaving your legs instead of using gel.

The packaging works well although eventually you will probably get water trickling into it and thickening the oil. However it's not half as bad as with other shower oils I've used and the slightly sqeezy container is better than a pump.

I've used Nivea, The Sanctuary and Nip + Fab shower oils in the past. L'Occitane remains my favourite: it smells better than Nivea/The Sanctuary (though not as lovely as Nip + Fab) and is more moisturising than Nivea or The Sanctaury. I found the Nip + Fab one the best for moisturising but it did a very poor job of actually cleaning me!

This is expensive (18-20 for 250ml) but as I use it infrequently and it's such a pleasure to use I don't particularly mind. I've given it to people as a gift numerous times and would definitely recommend it if you have the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by vmax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! This replaced my Neutrogean Shower Gel in the blue as the best ever shower gel. Love the Fragrance, love the feel and love the fact it does not make my bath tub an oily mess. It is a bit on the pricey size but I have the travel size and will def. go out and repurchase it. It is also fabulous as a shave creme in a pinch

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by kyasha

This shower oil is hydrating, with a slight almond scent. I don't like how it has sodium lauryl sulfate. Good winter buy.