L'Occitane Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

4.4

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tipa-Laureth Sulfate, Laureth-4, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Parfum/Fragrance, Cocamide Mea, Propylene Glycol Butyl Ether, Sorbitan Oleate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Aqua/Water, Limonene, Coumarin, Linalool

on 10/20/2012 10:07:00 AM

A relative left this behind for me to have so cant comment on the price but I'm guessing it's quite $$ I love almond scented products and the smell of this was really nice. I have dry skin and I don't have a problem with using bath/shower oils. The good thing about this oil is that it emulsifies so for those who don't usually like bath oils, try this. It is quite thick and doesn't spread well (I prefer to apply to dry skin) so you do have to use a lot of the product. It left my skin feeling soft and moisturised but no more so than other products.

on 9/1/2012 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

L'occitane is my favourite brand for bath and body and this almond oil is the best of the range. Yes it is pricey but try and get the 500ml pump it lasts me months. I mainly use this in the bath, you only need a drop to produce a gorgeously scented bath of bubbles and the scent is a pleasure to inhale as you relax. I dont feel the need to moisturise after bathing in this and it is also perfect for kids to this is my all time fave bath and body product.

on 8/26/2012 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have become incredibly sensitive to strong scents with bath products (hello bath and body works!) as I have gotten older, and this is by far my new favorite "grown up" scent! I love the almond scent it has when I put it on in the shower, and after I wash it off, it leaves my skin soft and has a light fragrance! I got this in a set and first thought that I was never going to use it since I don't use body oils in the shower. You squirt some into your hands and start rubbing and it gets slightly warmer and becomes a milky cleanser! This stuff is not cheap, but a little goes a long way.

on 8/5/2012 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm rating this as a shaving oil because that's all I use it for. For shaving, it does a good job. I generally find that shaving creams and foams don't work as well as they should for promoting a close, smooth shave with no nicks. I'm pretty sure I've never nicked myself using the Amande shower oil, and I can get a fairly nice smooth shave with it. I would buy this again if it weren't for one thing: the smell. It is so ridiculously strong, and it reeks IMO. It's so strong, in fact, that I can't wash the smell off my hands after it's been on my hand for the few seconds it takes to apply to the areas I want to shave. I have sensitive skin and don't want to be rubbing fragranced hands all over my face while I'm doing my skincare routine after I get out of the shower. If they reduced the amount of fragrance in this, I would be willing to buy it again. Otherwise, probably not.

on 5/18/2012 10:52:00 AM

This isn't a terrible product, but there are better cleansers for the price. I didn't find this moisturizing at all and I really didn't like the scent. I liked the smell in the bottle, but when I was in the shower it was just overwhelming.

The more I use this, the more I love it. I was underwhelmed at first by the scent. It's pleasant enough, and I was pleased it wasn't a sickly gourmand, marzipan smell, but it just struck me as nothing special. I also didn't really notice the moisturising properties at first - it left my skin smooth, but no more so than many other shower products I've used. I love the feel of oils on my skin, and expected intense moisturisation, but this shower oil lathers into a cleansing foam.
However, it really does seem to have a cumulative effect. I've been using it daily for about a month or so with my salux cloth in the shower, and have been emerging with crazily smooth and hydrated skin. My skin has had a noticeable sheen to it too, and the application of an additional body moisturiser has become optional.
I've already restocked in the 500ml size.

on 4/4/2012 10:47:00 AM

I got a very nice sample of this with my recent purchase at L'Occitane, and it's a very lovely cleansing shower oil. It's warming, slightly foaming, and leaves you nice and moisturized after you rinse. I am not too crazy about the scent...if it smelled just like the amande creme did, I would be over the moon. I will use of the sample and look forward to trying a different shower oil next time.

on 2/16/2012 4:38:00 PM

This is a perfect choice for anyone with dry skin. The smell is beautiful but it may be too much for some people, so I can't recommend buying this product online without trying it before. Also great to use instead of shaving foam. I used to work at L'Occitane store and this was definitely one of the most popular products (also used by men). This is my personal no 1 shower product.

on 1/21/2012 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got this in a mini version and can't wait to get the original size. I love oil cleanser because I have very dry skin, especially during the winter time, and oil cleansers are really great for protecting your skin especially if you take multiple showers a day like I do. And it smell lovely. Whenever I use this the bathrooms smells nicely for hours.

on 12/27/2011 1:44:00 AM

Was looking for a nice shower gel with a not so overpowering scent and would be moisturizing for skin. Decided to give this a try. Goes on nicely, its an oil and when you start washing, it lathers up. The only thing I did not like was the scent. It just didn't do anything for me and I actually didn't like the way I smelled after washing with this.