October 25, 2014 | 1754 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Blooz Eye Kohl

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2007 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Kiran1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG eyeliner! Absolutely love this colour and wear it daily, I smudge some under my lower lashline and it makes my eyes pop! I will carry on buying it when i run out. I have not run out of it yet! It never smudges or runs on me either!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2007 4:00:00 PM More reviews by noname103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my only MAC pencil eyeliner I've kept. I love the color but like most other MAC pencils, it smudges. For this reason I use it very sparingly, usually for making a smoky or smudgey look. The color is beautiful though--a dark blue that comes out very pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2007 10:46:00 AM More reviews by shellbell090702

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My HG liner!! It looks so natural with my green eyes. It's great for everyday with a nude shadow. Sometimes when I'm looking a little tired, I put a very thin line of Blooz on my upper lashline, and then dot and smudge in Violet Underground over it. It wakes my eyes up and my eyes look super duper green!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2007 8:27:00 PM More reviews by santra2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this color. It's a dark denim blue that looks black unless someone is really up close..too close. I used to use Ultima II's Indigo and Pearls years ago and this is pretty much the same color. The formula is very soft and creamy and yes it is smudgeable- hello, it's an eye kohl. Love it. Check out Prunella too.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2007 1:30:00 AM More reviews by xcoco

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is nice but its hard to make it show.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2007 3:15:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE 8/22/07 - Ok... I fell out of love with this. Blooz looks pretty if you keep the line fine, but if you smudge or do a thicker line...it was starting to bother me. With a smudge or thicker line the blue color showed more and just bugged me. It felt so off with the rest of my makep. I just tried Tarnish (dark, dark green) and like it better than Blooz. When the green of Tarnish shows through, it looks much better on me than the blue of Blooz (the blue just stuck out like a sore thumb on me.) So I most likely will not repurchase and I changed my overall rating down to an average 3 lippies. (NW20 with brown eyes and dark, almost black, brown hair). ORIGINAL POST: Wow, this is fantastic! The reviewer just below me described this color perfect (dark denim blue). I too have really dark lashes, brows and hair...and this is a really nice alternative to plain black liner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2007 8:53:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Ah, for some reason I managed to swap for a Chanel Le Crayon Kohl in Marine at around the same time I bought this MAC liner from gloss.com. They are nearly identical on me, with Blooz being a bit brighter and more vibrant. It is also a bit easier to work with, laying down a pretty dark line of color without having to go over it much (the Chanel looks a little greyish until you go over the line two or more times). Both are a deep cobalt blue that lean towards indigo/denim with a very pretty, gleamy, verging-on-metallic finish. I really like what this shade does for my dark brown eyes--dark enough to define them (I have black hair and prefer dark eyeliners) and with a touch of color that emphasizes them without being obviously like, "Colored eyeliner over here!"

This is quite dark, so it's "neutral" enough to work with most makeup looks. I stole Rachel Bilson's idea and line my eyes with this, then add peachy blush (Everyday Minerals Siesta) and lipgloss (NARS Giza). I found the lasting power on me was decent, though the kohls are not nearly as great as the Fluidlines--how I wish they'd come out with this color in Fluidline form! But otherwise, the price is really reasonable given how long the pencil is and much, much cheaper than the Chanel. So I would definitely repurchase.

Below is a comparison picture. Blooz is the one on the right and Marine is on the left:

continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2007 4:54:00 PM More reviews by harls321

I was looking for a bluish black eyeliner to pair with my BE smokey eye tutorial kit and the board suggested this one to me. It is perfect. I usually hate blues on me but this is such a rich dark color that it works out nicely. I have dark brown eyes & this makes my eyes pop. I just wish it had better staying power on my inner rim.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2007 7:32:00 AM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I debated whether or not to throw away another 16 Euros on this pencil when I already had the Prussian Powerpoint which is supposed to be a similar colour. Well I'm glad I did! I thoroughly recommend this colour eye kohl even if you already have the Prussian powerpoint if you also have dark brown eyes and really want them to stand out and be more beautiful. This Blooz eye kohl is different enough from the Prussian colour to warrant buying, it makes dark brown eyes really look deep and velvety in a way which Prussian does not, I suppose this may be because Prussian is more of a purple blue like Waveline Fluidline, whereas Blooz is totally blue a dark blue which is almost black, so very flattering to brown eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2007 12:51:00 PM More reviews by JanM

I like this blue/black eyeliner and was tempted to buy it after a magazine article and the positive reviews on MUA. I love the colour - pure black is way too harsh for me (PPP + hazel eyes and fair lashes)and brown can be a bit yawn. The downside to that is that it can travel alarmingly up to the crease line, and being of a certain age with crepier eyelids, that is a bit of a problem. I would love a mascara in this colour.