August 30, 2014 | 1166 users online

Moisturizers - Lumene - Energy Cocktail pampering drops

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by DGentile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on clearance at CVS because they are changing the packaging, so it was 75% off. I remembered reading good reviews on this site, so I decided to give it a try. I've been using it for about a week, morning and night, and I really love it. "Dewey" is a good description of how my skin looks. Not greasy...just glowy. My moisturizer glides on much more smoothly when I use this. One negative: It is hard to control how much comes out of the bottle, though. If you want less than one full pump, you have to be very careful. I sometimes think one full pump is a little too much (but might be a great amount in the winter, when my skin is really dry). My eyeliner seems to smudge more when I use this (giving me raccoon eyes), so I have to make sure I use more powder on that area. Will I repurchase when it's full price again ($19)? We'll see...

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by wannashine

Hmmmmmmm-hate to be a par-tay poop-ier but yuck. I was soo excited to try this after reading the reviews. I have very acne prone sensitive skin that gets dry so its hard to find a moisterizer/serum I can use with any success. I am always looking for things that will help to brighten my complexion and give me a glow without being greasy and thought this may be it but..nope. Absorbed pretty well but left me greasy no matter what I did and it started to break me out-little whiteheads. *sigh* The search continues.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2008 11:47:00 AM More reviews by lrg1974

Based on the rave reviews, I went to Target to see if they still had this. It was hidden way back on the shelf and it was on clearance! I jumped for joy.
I started using this b/c my face has been so dry due to the climate. Plus, I've been breaking out like crazy (still trying to figure out which product was causing the breakouts - may be hormonal).
Anyway, I've been using this day AND night and my skin looks really good! My husband noticed right away. I'm using this in combination with the Monistat chafing gel (as a primer - will review that soon) and my skin looks GREAT!
The flakies are under control and other than the breakout areas, my skin looks really nice.
UPDATE - I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product! Now that my breakouts are under control, my skin looks AWESOME. It helps give it a glow. The only thing that I don't like is that you have to be careful not to let it run through your fingers. And it spills out of the bottle very easy. But I don't care...it's works and it's cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2008 2:44:00 AM More reviews by souporsunny

I bought this b/c of the great reviews it had on this site. I only use it at night before bed. So far my skin really like this. Initially it'll get on a little oily, but within seconds it sinks right in. I'm not sure if its this product of my tender drops moisturizer because I started using them at the same time, but my skin has definitely improved.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2008 10:10:00 PM More reviews by lmf102

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this b/c of the positive reviews on this site...and I love it! Makes my skin "glowy" and soft. I've been using for about 3 weeks and it has NOT made me break out. Have to be careful not to let the product run thru my fingers when applying, but that's the only negative thing, and that's not really a big deal. Otherwise, highly recommend and hope it keeps working!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2008 11:53:00 PM More reviews by carluna

The product is effective in moisturizing and giving that dewy look. At night, its wonderful under my staple moisturizer, and in the morning, i slab it on under sunscreen. What's wonderful about it is that my skin drinks it up very quickly. I don't get oily but I get more than sufficient moisture. It hasnt significantly reduced any wrinkles or fine lines but it is a wonderful moisturizer. I bought this on sale for a little over $5 from CVS... they;re changing the packaging, thus the sale. But the regular price here in NYC is $19.99. The price is a little steep considering one bottle lasted me a month (am/pm use). I will probably just buy this if I find any more on sale. I have another bottle to last another month. after that, if I don't find any on sale, ill skip this product. BUT I will definitely repurchase if my skin goes crazy without it. Will update.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Rbeezer

Bought this yesterday on sale at CVS for $4.70. Used it last night under my moisturizer and WOW! This morning my skin looks fabulous! Even my husband noticed. I'm going back today to buy the other two bottles that were there yesterday. Will update in a couple of weeks to see if I still feel the love but this morning, my skin looks lovely.

UPDATE 1: It's been a week and this was definitely a good purchase. So far no breakouts and my skin keeps improving. Have two areas that seem to still be resisting but hopefully they'll look smooth in a month. I find that I do still need a moisturizer over this at night (my skin is super duper dry and always has been) but I'm still jazzed by the product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

Holy crap, my skin looks GOOD. I'm scared, though, because it seems everyone's finding it marked way down, and it's out of stock on the CVS site (we don't have CVS where I live, so I have to buy online). It's not discontinued, is it? PLEASE, NO!!! After just a few days' use, I'm in love.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2008 9:29:00 PM More reviews by jenniro

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i've been using this for about a week now. i use it at night and in the morning right after cleansing and before moisturizer. my makeup has been looking really good lately and it could be because of this and the lumene moisturizer i'm using. i got this for 75% off (at CVS, of course) which is a steal of a deal!! (it was $4.50) i will buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2008 4:50:00 PM More reviews by babydolltrish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tell u what.....I am falling in love with Lumene more and more! I first tried their cleansing oil....love it (read my review). I use their toner, and moisturizers too, (need to review those), but I am loving this product! I am using the improved version, and my skin hasnt looked this good, and felt so good in a very long time!!!! I use it at night only because it does have oil in it, but it is like butta on my face! The smell is slightly citrusy, it sinks right in though, and doesnt leave a greasy residue. I follow with the Vitamin C night cream, and the results have been amazing! I suffer with perioral dermatitis too, and this doesnt aggravate at all! It is so pretty to look at on my vanity too! The department store brands have some real competition...this drugstore brand is raising the bar for sure!

Update: I tried going without this for awhile since I was using a different skincare line...what a bummer that was...as soon as i realized that "glow" was gone, and undoubtedly due to for-going this product...I began using it again immediately, and it was back! A certain HG from now on. I don't know what's in this but it's like crack for my skin...I'm addicted and my face rebels without it!