July 31, 2014 | 1026 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Solar Powder SPF 20 Bronzer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Calicokatie

Have had this so long that you can no longer read SPF 20 on the powder, and I'm starting to lose the yellowish circle (sun?), as well. I don't EVER tan my face. I have light olive skin and it does tan up nicely, but melanoma is prevalent in my family, so I don't really feel like playing hereditary Russian Roulette. I use this over my foundation all over in varying degrees depending on how dark the tan on the rest of my body is to match. I find it works well with my skin tone, and even though I was attracted to the darker version at first, that one made me look dirty.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 1:49:00 AM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Not the worst bronzer I've ever tried (that's probably ELF's...) but I had to return Solar Powder SPF 20 Bronzer. Although I liked that it provided SPF (even though I know it's purely a psychological benefit; even Snooki couldn't cake on enough bronzer for the SPF to be effective) and the finish (mostly matte; there's a golden overspray) it was too warm on my NW10. I am extremely cool toned, so it doesn't surprise me that many others here had success with this and didn't find it at all orange. All I can say is that for me, it was orange and it made my pale skin look dirty. I think I would have liked it if my skin was more neutral and beige and if I was light instead of paper-white.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by DRIA135

I LOVE this bronzer especially if you have lighter toned skin - I try no to tan my face so I am pale year around and this give my a healthy glow plus it has SPF 20, it is not sparkly, and does not break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 8:16:00 AM More reviews by CroGirl89

this is for the light bronzer. Personally, I love this. It has been in my m/u bag for a while, and I dont know why I never gave it much of a chance before now. If you are pretty pale (I am a very light olivy tone with no pink) and need a little healthy oomph to your skin, this is for you. No silly flecks of shimmer, the 3 colors blend beautifully. I use a big brush (the brush it comes with is a bit useless....maybe use for your eyelids), swirl, tap and then apply to cheeks, nose, jaw and eyes....then a couple of sweeps up and down my neck and chest to blend.....

It is a nice bonus that there is an SPF and a mirror.

This has replaced my blush, at least for now. I look healthy and glowing........for the price, it is worth a try

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

I did not care for this at all. The shade is bluh! I am NC30 and this created an odd shade on me. If there is a choice between this and the SPF 50, I would go with the light bronzer in SPF50. It is hard to describe the shade but it was something between beige and mud. The coverage is not bad but nothing to write home about.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by auhele

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this bronzer! I'm pale-ish (NW20) and don't like my bronzers to be really dark. I can't tan naturally so I look ridiculous with most bronzers. This is is fantastic! It's light enough that I don't look like I rolled in dirt, but still substantial enough to show up. It gives a great glow. I really recommend this for pale girls who are having trouble finding a bronzer that's light enough.

It's matte, so no worries about shimmer only showing up on some random parts of your face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2010 8:35:00 AM More reviews by sunshinelaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had been happy using Cargo Medium Matte when I got this from a friend as an ROAK. Was shocked to find that this bronzer doesn't read orange at all on my super fair skin. It's the perfect fake tan in a cute, sturdy compact for a porcelain-skinned like me (nicknamed "casper", haha!). Swept on with an ecotools powder brush, it looks like I got some healthy sun. It looks less peach than my Cargo matte medium bronzer.

I probably wouldn't wear this alone as a blush on my cheeks, but the on forehead + hollows of cheeks, it gives me a healthy-looking touch of color. Most products turn orange on me (NW10 PPP), so I have to stay away from peach and coral tones in makeup. And yet, this bronzer has enough beige to not read orange on extremely cool-toned complexions. Try it if you have been frustrated by bronzer in the past. Was pleasantly surprised at this drugstore find!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Plagueofhamsters

Love this Bronzer! It's not my HG, that belongs to the P.F. Healthy Glow Bronzer, but it's definitely my second favorite! I love that it has SPF 20 in it, since my fair skin doesn't do the sun without SPF. I use this as a bronzer on my cheeks, forehead, and a few other areas in the morning, and when I notice I'm lacking all over color later in the day, I take my Ecotools Powder Brush, and do an all over dusting of this, reapplying some SPF protection as well.

Recently, I've been using the Neutrogena Skin Clearing Liquid Foundation, and though I like it, I had to get it in 10 - Classic Ivory, cause 20 was too pink and 30 was too yellow. So, I feel a little bit washed out when I use it. However, this bronzer keeps me from that!

Definitely recommended for people who are as glued to sunscreen as I am. :]

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by BlackBirdFly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hmmm...this bronzer is okay but I'm sure there are much better ones for the same price. This bronzer doesn't exactly give me the goldeny glow I'm looking for. It's a bit too dark (and my skin is light to medium) and it also tends to look a bit too brown/muddy on my skin if I don't apply it just right. The thing that bothers me most is the slight waxy feel it leaves on my face. I think there are better bronzers out there so once I run out I'll try something else.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

I'm disappointed this doesn't work for me. I love that it has SPF 20 (which is why I bought it) and the formula is finely milled, plus it's non-cakey looking after application. I've put it on quite a few times and each time the color looks sooo weird. It's not "light bronze" at all! It leaves my face with a sickly greyish, dirty looking-cast. It doesn't matter if I wear it over foundation or on my bare skin. After trying it in all kinds of different lighting, it finally hit the reject bag.