Annick Goutal Ce Soir Ou Jamais

3.7

on 3/30/2008 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

With a dryness that verges on (but doesn't quite reach) mustiness, bolstered by mild spice, this strikes me as a comfort scent. It takes on a dead, ancient quality on me. In an abstract way, it evokes the odor of old books--one of my favorite smells, but not something I'd want to smell like. If you like dried roses, this one's for you. It may even work for those who enjoy rosewater fragrances. But when it comes to rose scents, I prefer the full-bodied lushness of a living blossom still on its stem.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I LOVE Annick Goutal products, but this one I will do without. I was intrigued by the name of this perfume, translated into English, "Tonight or Never," -- who wouldn't want to wear that? It has a nice hint of rose, but after after about half an hour when the notes of the fragrance begin to blend with your own chemistry to produce a more signature scent, it smelled like baby powder on me. No thanks.

One of my favorite roses. Smells like real red rose petals, lush & natural. Gets a little smoother & sweeter on drydown, retains lush red rosiness! I love that it isn't candy flavored or too bright & sharp.

on 6/7/2007 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Glad I wasn't the only one to pick up the wine like note in this. This does remind me alot of Quel Amour! but a lighter version. I like Quel Amour! much better than CSOJ since the wine note in CSPJ smells, don't like saying this but I have to, a bit cheap IMO. The dry down smells like dried powdery roses but I like the earthy smell of that so I don't mind it. Not sure if I like this enough to buy a bottle. My tastes have changed alot in the past couple years so I'll try it out again next year and see if I love it then.

on 2/19/2007 9:13:00 PM

I received a sample of this from Sephora and love it! So after the sample was mostly used up I decided to buy a bottle. Whoa! $88 from Sephora and it came in packaging that looked old, not old and quaint but old and out of date if that makes any sense. Like old dimestore perfume. Anyway the perfume in the bottle didn't smell quite the same as in the sample. The full sized bottle smelled a lot stronger and kind of rotten powdery when put up to the sample - I still had sample left and compared. It's too bad, I love the sample so much. Sephora took the full sized bottle back without any problem.

on 1/20/2007 9:09:00 PM

the name means 'tonight or never'

that's all you need to know.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Goodness all the way -- this smells like a sweet rose -- a little spicy a little jammy. I love it. My new favorite. I love it and will enjoy it in the harsh winter when I am longing for a little spring.
So far I am not disappointed with any Annick Goutal.

on 7/22/2006 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I like my Rose Perfumes in many forms one is dried rose petals and quaint. I really like the mood , a off the bloom rose sets ,as it is moody almost a dirty for a rose ? I dry my roses which are given to me, as a gift mostly from a special person for a special occasion ,and when they are wilted then put them in a book for a keepsake ,this is what it reminds me of. If you like fresh rose this is NOT for you. I find it calming and just plain lovely. No shocking rose here, but something to sit and read a (classic ) book while wearing it. It fits well, like a skin scent , I would imagine not that many can appreciate that dried rose petal quaint quality but I look for this in a rose scent just as I would also look also for fresh lively ,sexy rose scent = Joy . Many kinds of roses in the making of it,but I think you can find this dried roses scent for less $. In fact I use one to scent my sweater drawers which is close to this but I would buy this perfume for day wear as it has something specialabout it.

on 7/9/2006 10:54:00 PM

This reminds me of the scent of a winery. Not wine really, but the smell of fermenting fruit. I love that smell being a bit of a wino with a habit of touring local wineries. This is a comforting, nostaglic scent for me because of that. Every time I smell it, it transports me to my favorite winery which I toured with my now deceased grandparents. It's a happy memory.

on 6/24/2006 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Definitely a rose scent, but like old roses in a vase on my chemistry.

Popular Fragrances