April 23, 2014 | 908 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow Mascara Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by caoscalmo

I am Asian with short straight lashes. I am always on the look for a mascara that Can add length and volume. This Diorshow mascara is good for people that are looking to lengthen their lashes more than anything else.
It has a nice intense black color which gives it more definition. I would say that in volumizing it doesn't do much. I couple it with my shu uemura eyelash curler and it holds the curl quite well throughout the day.The effect that it has is: a long, more defined and natural looking lashes so if you are looking for really dramatic lashes I would suggest to try a different mascara. The downside of this mascara aside from the expensive price is that it smudges on the under eye part after 2-3 hours. Overall I would say it does a good job, I am not sure I will repurchase as I am always in the lookout for "THE" mascara but I am quite pleased with the results. I gave it 3 out of 5 lippie for the price and slight smudging.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Wildlotus2482

My mascara concerns are different than most people. I have stick straight lashes that grow straight down and I always have to curl them and only apply waterproof mascara to hold the curl. But not all waterproof mascaras work on me. Lancome Hypnose waterproof mascara has always been the only one that holds my curl all day but I wanted to see what the hype was with Dior Show waterproof. Unfortunately, it did not hold my curl. My lashes fell downward about 50% and that's just not good enough considering the high cost of this mascara. I can't recommend this for ladies like me with stick straight lashes. Apart from stick straight lash concers, after two coats, this mascara gave a very natural look and didn't have the intense black pigmented look of Lancome Hypnose waterproof or Make Up Forever waterproof mascara. I prefer a more intense look. Also, after about 3 hours, I had racoon eyes which occurred on all three occasions I wore this mascara. My lashes are extremely long and this mascara made the ends of my lashes bend in weird directions. And the wand is extremely large so if you have small eyes the wand will dot mascara all over your lid. I'm returning this and going back to my Lancome Hypnose waterproof mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

This mascara is great if you have thin, short and straight eyelashes. It adds length and especially volume to my lashes however it is expensive and you have to be careful that you don't apply too much mascara by accident because it will make your eyelashes look clumpy.

I usually have 2 coats of mascara which works great for me. For the first coat I use the DiorShow macara to add volume and for the second coat I add Maxfactor False Lash Effect to add length.

Would I buy this mascara again? Probably not because it is very expensive and I'm sure there are cheaper ones out there that are just as good.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was really disappointed in this mascara. Let me set the stage: I have short, pale lashes that won't hold a curl. To make matters worse, my eyes water all the time and I challenge any waterproof mascara. (Cute, I know.) After reading all the fantastic reviews of the DiorShow mascaras, I thought that this would be my HG mascara. And the results? Meh. It's only OK. It's neither the worst nor the best mascara I have ever used. For the price point, I feel like it should be a bit more towards the front of the pack. It is decently waterproof and very black. But, it's no better than the voluminous line by L'Oreal, and it's certainly not anywhere in the same stratosphere as my Maybelline Stiletto. I'll use up the tube; I don't hate it. But, I wouldn't repurchase it either.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a horrible mascara! Probably the worsest mascara I´ve ever tried, and I can´t believe how much it costs for making my lashes look so bad.
I have very long but blond lashes. They´re very straight, so I have to curl them and use waterproof mascara to keep them curly. That works with my hq mascaras (lancome mascaras l extreme and hypnose) and with all the cheaper mascaras (maybelline, isadora, loreal) which I´ve used. But not with Diorshow. My lashes become straight within an hour after wearing diorshow, they just never stay curly. My lashes also look quite short with this product.

Usually when mascara gets into my eyes, nothing happens. But when this one got into my eye, it hurts so much!

I used this for a couple of weeks but then I had to throw it away since it made me look very messy.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by blu3

I use to swear by this mascara, but after a while I came to the realization...for the price you pay, it should do a lot more. For 1/10th the price, I get a drugstore mascara that pretty much does the same thing. Don't get me wrong, it definitely added some (not a whole lot) of length to my lashes and it did add some volume (again not a whole lot) without too much clumping. However, like most mascaras I have tried, it wouldn't hold a curl and it did start to smudge on me. For me, this mascara is just okay. It's definitely not terrible, but also nothing I feel is worth it's price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by PhiaLove627

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this mascara. It's perfection. I use the shade chesnut because I am redhead (natural auburn) with strawberry blonde eyelashes and black mascara looks so fake on me. I have extremely long eyelashes that are naturally curled, and there's a lot of them (Thank you Mom and Dad!). I'm really not trying to brag, but it's true. The thing is, they are as fair as can be (much like the rest of me ) This mascara adds a gorgeous, natural deep brown to your lashes and makes it look like you've been blessed with a long, thick, fringe across your eyes. It does okay in the water-proof department, but won't survive several hours in the pool (no makeup does). The ONLY reason I won't buy it again is because it's 25freakindollars. I know it's dior, but I'm cheap and I bought it on sale. So no, I won't repurchase you, my lovely dior, unless you go on sale again. If you don't mind cashing out $25 for a product that will last you four months, go ahead and buy this (I still have mine after two years, but only because I like the packaging, I do NOT use it) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by gemerlin3

I have tried many different mascaras with different wands and they all seem to clump my lashes together and smear underneath my eyes. But when I finally decided to use this mascara, it went on so wonderfully and my lashes immediately looked like it doubled in size and volume! I love this mascara and will buy it again when the bottle empties.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by nenglehardt

This has been the best mascara I have ever used. Gives great volume, length, and curl. Can be a pain to wash off because it is waterproof, but nothing a little eye makeup remover can't fix! I hate how expensive it is so I only buy it when I feel like splurging on new makeup. But if you've got the cash and want the best then this is it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by incrediblehayat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually wanted to buy Diorshow Iconic. But since it was very expensive in Turkey I ordered it from a friend from duty free. But she got this one as a mistake.
I was very dissapointed when I opened the box of course, but this mascara turned out to be the best volumizing mascara ever!!

It's waterproof so I didn't experienced any smudging or clumping.
I finished my first tube and I would repurchase it.