October 25, 2014 | 1750 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow Mascara Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by annieherdez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara in brown and I'm thrilled with it! I have straight lashes that lose the curl if the mascara is too wet or heavy. This works pretty well with my lashes. It holds the curl all day, it doesn't transfer to my eyelids or my skin after wearing it for hours.

The formula is not dry which is something I love considering that most of the waterproof mascaras are very dry and tend to leave flaky lashes.

My concern is the wand, is too big for me so I have to be extra careful while applying this.

Considering the price I think the mascara performs as it should.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by BobbiBrightEyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This formula is too shiny for me. When light reflects off of it, it makes me look as though I have no eyelashes at all! Good staying power and buildable, but the shine is just too much.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by wrbtu

I usually wear Lancome Hypnose waterproof and tried this just for the heck of it. My eyes are sensitive tear non stop in the morning for about an hour which is why I've got to use waterproof eye makeup. Anyway, Dior waterproof is not, in my opinion, waterproof. It comes off when I dab my tearing eyes and smudges the bottom lid even when I don't wipe my eyes. I never had these issues with Lancome. I used the Dior for 3 months because it was so expensive, but I just went out and replaced it with Lancome's (about the same $ but worth it) waterproof mascara and I can't wait to get back to it. Also I find the brush on Lancome's better than the one supplied with Dior.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by lexieh5

I love love love this mascara! I have super thin eyelashes and it's hard for me to find a good mascara that makes them show up, but this one is amazing! It keeps my lashes curled, volumizes and lengthens them, and stays on all day. I've stopped buying regular mascara because every time I decide to wear it for some reason I end up crying and it turns into a runny mess, but the waterproof formula keeps my face free of smudges no matter what, even if I watch PS I love you:) I love the huge brush and the formula, and it is much easier to remove than the other mascara's I've used (I just use Pond's cold cream cleanser to remove, nothing fancy). This is by far my favorite mascara I've tried! Next up to bat is Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by xoxobellamarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got this as a freebie from a friend, and it's one if the best mascaras I've used so far.

It's not too dramatic, which I like since I prefer more 'natural.'

Eyelashes and eyebrows have always been my main focal points for makeup, and finding a great mascara has been a struggle.

I like to heat my eyelash curler with my blow dryer on low for about a minute, and curl them. Afterwards, I'll brush a few coats and I'm good to go!

The only reason this got a '4' was because A. the price is rather high, and B. after 3-4 hours, it's smudges.

Will buy when I run out though!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by caoscalmo

I am Asian with short straight lashes. I am always on the look for a mascara that Can add length and volume. This Diorshow mascara is good for people that are looking to lengthen their lashes more than anything else.
It has a nice intense black color which gives it more definition. I would say that in volumizing it doesn't do much. I couple it with my shu uemura eyelash curler and it holds the curl quite well throughout the day.The effect that it has is: a long, more defined and natural looking lashes so if you are looking for really dramatic lashes I would suggest to try a different mascara. The downside of this mascara aside from the expensive price is that it smudges on the under eye part after 2-3 hours. Overall I would say it does a good job, I am not sure I will repurchase as I am always in the lookout for "THE" mascara but I am quite pleased with the results. I gave it 3 out of 5 lippie for the price and slight smudging.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Wildlotus2482

My mascara concerns are different than most people. I have stick straight lashes that grow straight down and I always have to curl them and only apply waterproof mascara to hold the curl. But not all waterproof mascaras work on me. Lancome Hypnose waterproof mascara has always been the only one that holds my curl all day but I wanted to see what the hype was with Dior Show waterproof. Unfortunately, it did not hold my curl. My lashes fell downward about 50% and that's just not good enough considering the high cost of this mascara. I can't recommend this for ladies like me with stick straight lashes. Apart from stick straight lash concers, after two coats, this mascara gave a very natural look and didn't have the intense black pigmented look of Lancome Hypnose waterproof or Make Up Forever waterproof mascara. I prefer a more intense look. Also, after about 3 hours, I had racoon eyes which occurred on all three occasions I wore this mascara. My lashes are extremely long and this mascara made the ends of my lashes bend in weird directions. And the wand is extremely large so if you have small eyes the wand will dot mascara all over your lid. I'm returning this and going back to my Lancome Hypnose waterproof mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

This mascara is great if you have thin, short and straight eyelashes. It adds length and especially volume to my lashes however it is expensive and you have to be careful that you don't apply too much mascara by accident because it will make your eyelashes look clumpy.

I usually have 2 coats of mascara which works great for me. For the first coat I use the DiorShow macara to add volume and for the second coat I add Maxfactor False Lash Effect to add length.

Would I buy this mascara again? Probably not because it is very expensive and I'm sure there are cheaper ones out there that are just as good.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was really disappointed in this mascara. Let me set the stage: I have short, pale lashes that won't hold a curl. To make matters worse, my eyes water all the time and I challenge any waterproof mascara. (Cute, I know.) After reading all the fantastic reviews of the DiorShow mascaras, I thought that this would be my HG mascara. And the results? Meh. It's only OK. It's neither the worst nor the best mascara I have ever used. For the price point, I feel like it should be a bit more towards the front of the pack. It is decently waterproof and very black. But, it's no better than the voluminous line by L'Oreal, and it's certainly not anywhere in the same stratosphere as my Maybelline Stiletto. I'll use up the tube; I don't hate it. But, I wouldn't repurchase it either.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a horrible mascara! Probably the worsest mascara I´ve ever tried, and I can´t believe how much it costs for making my lashes look so bad.
I have very long but blond lashes. They´re very straight, so I have to curl them and use waterproof mascara to keep them curly. That works with my hq mascaras (lancome mascaras l extreme and hypnose) and with all the cheaper mascaras (maybelline, isadora, loreal) which I´ve used. But not with Diorshow. My lashes become straight within an hour after wearing diorshow, they just never stay curly. My lashes also look quite short with this product.

Usually when mascara gets into my eyes, nothing happens. But when this one got into my eye, it hurts so much!

I used this for a couple of weeks but then I had to throw it away since it made me look very messy.