December 21, 2014 | 1874 users online

Foundations - Wet 'n' Wild - Ultimate Cover Smooth Foundation

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 10:29:00 PM More reviews by madmargeS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

First, I got this foundation for less than $3. I needed something which would control my oily skin better than the Maybelline pure makeup I'd been using. The shades were on the light side, which is good since I have fairly light skin. It controls my oil very well, and lasts for a decent amount of time. My only issue is that it's a little difficult to get out of the bottle. It's pretty thick, but it blends easily. I'd buy it again without question!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2008 12:10:00 AM More reviews by soniawonia

I really like this foundation. It's not cakey nor is it heavy. Light to medium coverage. Doesn't clog my pores or cause breakouts. I love the way it smells. Reminds me of Noxzema. I took out the little plastic top with my fingernails. It needs to come out or else the product wont budge. I like that I can use this liberally as much as I want cause it was only $2.99. The downside is that it doesn't come in a lot of colors. It should come with darker tones for everyone. ENOUGH already with all the light skin tones every company always has. This will only work for me till summer. I use it in Honey and the next color up is like a dark pink. So my olive skin and I will have to go elsewhere lol. I use this in 854 Honeé.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2008 9:19:00 PM More reviews by girlx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

This is the first foundation that I wore and its the best foundation that is dirt cheap and gives good coverage. I don't mind the smell...you'll get used to it after awhile. I think that this product gives out a few natural ingredients in the foundation, and it helped my skin a bit. The bottle is very stylish and modern but the opening is very narrow. I'd suggest using Q-tips to grab the foundation. The foundation is a bit thick, giving you really good coverage if you get a little amount of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2008 2:38:00 AM More reviews by breeknee

EDIT TIP!!! USE PLIERS OR SCISSORS TO REMOVE THE WHITE STOPPER AT THE LIP OF THE BOTTLE AND IT COMES OUT EASIER! JUST LIKE UD PRIMER POTION!

Packaging: You get a lot of product, but I feel like because it is thick, it should have been in a squeeze type of dispenser.

Coverage: Medium to Full, very buildable.

Shade: I am NC15 and this matches well, I used the 852 Bare.

Formula: It is thick, yes, but it is a fuller coverage foundation. We can't have everything people! If it is too thick for you, chances are you may no need this much coverage. Try mixing it with moisturizer to thin it out. I store the bottle upside-down to help it flow out easier.

Fragrance: It has a strange smell because it has Eucalyptus oil in it, and that is what Eucalyptus smells like. You won't smell like it all day, I promise! It will however help soothe your skin, and heal sores like zits and blemishes. This is a good oil, not a pore-clogging one.

Break-out: Nope! Not one in the few weeks I've been using this. I always take this section of reviews on foundation with a grain of salt, because you don't know how the reviewer applied the foundation. If they used the same sponge for two weeks, it doesn't matter what foundation they used - it will break them out from all that nasty bacteria! I use a synthetic brush and wash it in between uses. Also, everyone's skin reacts to foundations differently.

Promises: It promises "skin tightening" and it does feel good on my skin but not exactly "tight" but I like this formula better than greasy formulas. This one does dry which is nice, but you have to work quicker (not really fast or anything) to blend since it does set.

Improvements: Packaging, thinning out the product, reducing the smell if possible.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2008 7:02:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This just comes to prove how one same makeup can give such different results to different people. Being the cosmetic junkie that I am, I'm always looking for "new stuff" (things I never tried before falling in this category). I never bought anything from WnW, but the other day, strolling along the makeup aisles of Walgreens, I decided to check the foundations out. The first thing that draw me to this fdt was the color: Honey (#854). The nearest thing to my own fair-medium w/yellow undertones I found in a d/s. All the others were as pink as a baby's butt, but this one was great. Not that I need yet another foundation, you understand. But I decided to give it a try anyway. Heck, at $2.75 my conscience could stant it. Well, you could knock me down with the proverbial feather. It actually worked! True, it's thick. But it's creamy and blends well. And here's the knock-out: it doesn't settle in my pores, or lines, and actually makes my pore much smaller (you think YOU find that hard to believe?). I put it on my Olay Anti-Aging Anti-Blemish cream and blend, blend, blend, and then blend some more. Then I dust my face with Revlon Colorstay Mineral Foundation, which is sheer enough not to make things heavy. And I look great. I do agree that the smell is pretty ghastly, but it goes away almost immediately, so that's not a problem. And anyway, for $2.75 I'm willing to make concessions. So far, it hasn't made me break out, and I hope it won't (keeping fingers crossed). The only reason I would not buy it again is that I have a veritable hoard of other foundations, high end and otherwise. But I really like this one. So much so, that tomorrow I start training for a new job, and I intend to wear this foundation.

I want to make it quite clear that I'm not urging anyone to rush and buy this stuff. The results are my own very personal experience, and I just thought I'd share it with you.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2008 9:49:00 AM More reviews by nikkimarieexoxo

I hate this product. I tried this product because it was cheap and I wanted to try a darker shade of foundation. Buying this product was a BIG MISTAKE. First, it is really hard to get out of the bottle, because it is just way too thick. Second, the smell is way too overpowering. Third, it clogged my pores the first day I used it. I threw it out the same week I bought it. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2007 4:47:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I could like this although it would be nowhere near a perfect foundation IF it didn't give me some small bumps and breakouts. But it does. Being pretty confident in my skincare routine these days, switching foundations automatically gives away which ones work...and well which ones don't.

Previous experience with WnW foundations... the Twisted Cream Foundation stick which I oddly enough liked (was just too sheer though) and the TM (major breakouts). Never tried one of their actual liquid foundations but decided to give it a go since it was like 2 bucks.

Found a shade that worked well with my pale neutral/slight yellow undertones complexion, Naked. I actually don't mind the scent, in fact I sort of like it *hides*. Hate that you have to basically slam the bottle against your hand to get the product out. Goes on much sheerer than I anticipated. Ultimate Cover? I think not. One thing I really do/did love about this foundation is that it felt very clean going on my skin. Like, refreshing almost. I didn't feel like I had just put on foundation. Wear was not good based on the how sheer the formula was..most of it had faded into obvilivan by the end of the day.

Not a repurchase or a wow purchase by any means. Probably more of a simple cheap product I could have gotten away with in my high school days but not now. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2007 12:40:00 AM More reviews by thewindcries

I wanted to like this product because Wn'W has done to get in the competition. However, this product is not so good.

First of all, the colors are all so pinky. There's nothing for girls with neutral or yellow undertones (which isn't that uncommon, but still a downside). You get a fair amount of product, but good luck getting it out of the bottle. I had to practically beg it to come out of there.

The coverage itself is so minimal that you basically wasted time putting on the stuff in the first place.

If you want to stay cheap, I'd try Jane. Better foundation and more neutral.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2007 1:04:00 AM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only Wet N' Wild product that I don't like. I really wanted to like it because it's so cheap but oh well. First of all, the smell is too overpowering! It almost drowned out my cologne. I used this for 2 days and acquired a big zit on my chin. This went back to the store that very day. Hey, just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean that it won't work for you. Just be sure to keep your receipt!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2007 11:13:00 AM More reviews by jaluna

I like this product, it's not the best but it works for me. I believe this to be sheer than most foundations. If you want full coverage don't try this. The packaging for me is great because of the plastic thingy in the mouth of the tube that prevents the foundation from spilling all its contents in one pour. So far no break outs and that's important. It could be a little on the oily but I fix that with powder. I have this in Honee shade, I'm asian with brown skin on me it looks pretty natural. I would repurchase.