August 2, 2014 | 940 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Vex

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm so obsessed with this e/s. When I first bought it I paired it with Electra and it was just too much. I didn't know where to use it I didn't know how to use it I just knew the color was gorgeous. Now, I use this duo-chrome e/s as a brow highlight and on the inner corners. I use it on the inner corners of my eyes for every single look that I do. It goes with everything. I can't say enough how much I love this e/s and haven't found anything like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by LGel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this colour. Looks silver/light green/light pink depending on how the light hits it. It's a very light colour, so for those of you with fair skin, just be cautious of that. I have extremely fair skin (NC15) and I love this colour. It'll depending on what you're looking for. This can be used as a great highlighter and/or for all over the lid. It builds nice too. It's not a coolour I use everyday, but it's a colour I'm glad I have in my makeup bag.

When I run out, I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very interesting colour, unfortunately I don't find it does much for me, so I wouldn't repurchase. I find it difficult to make it show up on my fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really gorgeous, unique shade, especially in daylight. Not much I can say that hasn't been covered below. Applies medium-sheer, and more opaque with primer. Silvery-gray in pan, with pink/green highlights once on the lid. The pink doesn't emphasize any eye redness on me. Definitely a "fairy" shade and reminiscent of opals, mother-of-pearl, etc, as others have said. You will need lashline and lash definition. I always wear this with liner and tons of mascara. This is one of those shades that steers me away from palettes, because it's so pretty and unique. I hardly ever buy single shadow shades anymore, but I buy Vex!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by rea1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great colour! Matches m skin perfectly and really brightens my eyes. Definitely serves me well!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 4:47:00 AM More reviews by FallinginLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Vex eyeshadow. Frost finish. Cool tone. Duo-chrome. Looks pale gray in the pan. Reflects light pink or light green depending on what you pair it up with. A truly amazing chameleon. Compliments my eyes really well. I put it all over lid with some light brown in the crease+outer corner for everyday look. For a night out- I pair it up with silvery gray Knight Divine and some black eyeshadow. It looks so different in these two looks I can barely believe it. Love it. Another must-have.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by pixyinpanic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE it! I always say that this is my magical fairy eyeshadow. The color is so unique - the base is a kind of light silvery grey but then it has light green and pink shimmer. It's simply gorgeos! It looks like something Tinkerbell would wear! Over Painterly Paintpot you can really see the color well but when you layer it over other shadows or bases you can achieve a compete new look from Vex. I love to put it over Quarry so the pink comes ot more.
It's just so nice and it looks different from every angle you look at it. A perfect and very unique shadow - go buy it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by KrystalEmmaMarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This has got to be my most favorite frost shade. It looks absolutely amazing when paired with most eye shadows. In light, you will get so much compliments about your eyes looking like pearls/opals :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Layni1006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So obviously this has been reviewed to death, but I had to add my two cents because this is the only shadow out of the hundreds I own that I will use up and repurchase. I pair this with everything! Some Mac shadows I pair it with are Nocturnelle, Knight Divine, Trax and Club. It completely morphs to match nearly everything I use it with. With Nocturnelle and Trax, the pink highlights really come out. With Club, you see more green. And layered over Knight Divine, it creates an amazing black pearl effect. Anytime I have a bright shadow and I don't know what to pair it with, I reach for Vex. Favorite MAC shadow, hands down!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the only three eyeshadows I have actually ever repurchased (not counting colors in palettes!) On me it is a warmish light gray, and brightens up my eyes well. Blends super easily, and also works well as a highlighter for the inner corner of the eye if I am using grays, purples, or greens. Also works well with Club for a pretty easy smokey eye.