July 26, 2014 | 1714 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Color Extend Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by smooch0000

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I literally just came onto makeupalley to review this. I have both this and the conditioner and let me tell you, they are awful. I purchased the litre sizes as well unfortunately... I purchased them because the colour my stylist uses is Redken Shades so I thought this would help keep my hair from fading as it states. It definitely doesn't help extend the colour at all. If anything, it makes my scalp itch like crazy, I've been getting really bad dandruff, it leaves a disgusting greasy film on my hair and it makes my hair frizz like crazy! For reference I have thick coarse wavy hair so maybe I should have picked something else, but all in all if you're looking for this to do as it says, it did not keep my hair colour any longer than any other shampoo has.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by sleon308

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best shampoo I have used for my color treated hair. I'm a brunette and it definitely extends the life of my color. I have been going to the hair salon for touch ups less often over the last year since I began to use it. I love it because it smells delicious and it's sulfate free so it's super good for your hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Fitouesumwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a lot of fine hair ans they are chemically treated.
I use semi-permanent hair colors and this is the shampoo I use to make the coloration last +/- 6 weeks. Looooove the smell. Can easily spent 2-3 days betweeen each shampoo. Look for the promo kit(shampoo + conditioner) during holliday period and save 30-40%

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by linet182

I just recently started using this shampoo after hearing about it for years. I am absolutely in love with it. it smells incredible, it leaves my hair very soft. The price is a bit steep, however I think it is completely worth it. this is your hair we're talking about, it's okay to splurge a little. I dye my hair black and the color fades pretty quickly this shampoo actually helps me keep the color a bit longer, which is great. I completely recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by sheen1987

I have always been a fan of Redken products. This is the worst line they've ever had. It made my scalp very itchy and gave me bumps. Horrible!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by reneecg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i like the shampoo but it dried out my hair

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

The worst from the Redken line in my opinion. I was using the Clear Moisture line but I started to dye my hair so I started using this. This gave me an allergic reaction which cause my eyes to get puffy. I stopped using both the shampoo and conditioner the a puffiness and itchiness on my eyes went away. And it doesn't smell good either.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Julie722

I love this shampoo. I have used drugstore shampoos all my life, and first colored my hair last summer (which I immediately regretted). I used a drugstore, cheap brand shampoo and conditioner for colored hair up until this summer, when my cousin introduced me to color extend. I will never go back to using drugstore shampoos again - this shampoo and conditioner leave my hair feeling silky all of the time. I have extremely thin hair, and this shampoo does not weigh it down. On the contrary, I can actually go more than a day without washing my hair now because it doesn't look like a vat of grease was dumped on it in the morning . . . gross, but unfortunately my hair is so thin it gets weighed down very easily. I have been happily using this shampoo for almost two months and would recommend it to anyone with color treated hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by SteamyCouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I only used it once, I couldn't decide which Redken shampoo to get. I already have tried most of them with so-so results. My plan was to switch this between K-Pak reconstruct shampoo every other shampoo. I don't use the matching conditioner from color extend line, I use the color treated reconstruct from joico. After one use my hair is... BIG. I have fine hair, but I have a lot of it. First time i've seen it this voluminous in a long time... I love it. And my hair was soft! The truth is, as long as you have a good conditioner, it doesn't matter what shampoo it is. My hair is color treated though so I always make sure I get a higher end shampoo due to they use less sulfate compared to drugstore. Drugstore shampoos have always caused build up on my hair, and stripped my color.

I'll update in a couple of weeks....

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by cwalten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product made my hair very frizzy. Only reason i gave two stars was because I do feel like it is deep cleaning but it just dries out my hair so bad and makes it feel like hay.. I just switched to Joico and Aussie.. Starting to recover