La Mer Lip Balm

3.8

Petrolatum, Octyldodecanol, Microcrystalline Wax, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentaoleate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Seaweed Extract, Emerald, Algae Extract, Tourmaline, Sesame Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, Sodium-potassium-copper-calcium-magnesium And Zinc Gluconate, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Fish Protein, Castor Oil, Phytosphingosine Trehalose, Polybutene, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Glyceryl Distearate, Water, Glycerin, Menthyl Pca, Oleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sodium Saccharin, Fragrance, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Bht Propylparaben, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake

My absolute favorite!

on 6/27/2013 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I would have continued to purchase despite the price if the ingredients were more natural. Since they are not, I moved on to more eco-friendly products (Pangea's lip balms, namely).

Pros: minty calming refreshing scent, moisturizes, beautiful packaging
Cons: expensive, ingredients not natural

on 4/16/2013 4:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

While I generally use high-end skincare brands, I'm not loyal to one brand and also use less expensive brands like Mario Badescu. I've been a fan of La Mer for years, as I've been using Creme de la Mer religiously as my night cream for about five years and can't live without it. As far as lip balms, I can't use waxy sticks or Vaseline type products. I've been using Dr. Hauschka lip balm which retails for about $17 a jar, and is available at places like Whole Foods. I really like that product, and strayed for a chance to try La Mer's lip balm on a whim. Wow. Of course the packaging is beautiful, with La Mer's signature green as the tub's color and a mirrored top with the logo etched in the center. It looks like a $50 lip balm. Upon opening it, I was instantly reminded of a Thin Mint cookie! It literally smells and tastes like a Thin Mint, which I actually like. I was unsure of how I'd feel about the mint factor, but I find it to be refreshing. A little goes a long way, much like Creme de la Mer. My lips feel supple, nourished, and moisturized without feeling greasy or waxy. What can I say? It's perfect. Now I'm in a pickle because I am hooked! This is certainly an expensive product, and considering I use it multiple times a day I figure it will last just over a month. When money's not tight, I will be buying this product again. Another winner from La Mer.

on 4/14/2013 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Amazing. Worth every penny. If this didn't work to ur 'ideal' then return it and stop complaining. Fab lip treatment

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

my HG lip balm. this is the only lip balm that works on my cracked, rough lips. i could feel my lips drying out when i'm not using it. definitely worth the $$$.

I had very cracked lips and had tried dozens of lip balms, treatments, etc. Carmex, things with shea butter, things with coconut oil, things with menthol, things with petroleum jelly, things that exfoliated, medicated things ,etc etc. Absolutely nothing was helping. Finally I decided to try this product, and it healed the sores on my lips within hours. It must be the 'miracle broth.' If you do not have severely dry lips, I can imagine it would not be a very impressive product, but if you do: I'm telling you, it really does work. It actually can heal very chapped, cracked lips in very little time. I don't think I can go without it. It completely changed my lips, and I am happy they are no longer painful, cracked, and are now smooth, soft, and comfortable.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Yes, this does smell and taste exactly like a Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie. This could be a positive or a negative depending on your tastes. The texture is smooth and luxurious. It's not too thick or too watery and it leaves your lips looking healthy, not glossy. However, I don't find this lasts any longer than your average lip balm. I'm not convinced it provides any healing benefits either. After an hour my lips look dry, cracked, and/or feathered again. Overall, this is just 'so-so'. For the price and cult following, I expected more.

on 10/27/2012 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Now that I am forty-year old broke single mom I am embarrassed to admit that I ever purchased this at all, let alone loved it. Yet I did indeed adore it. If you have the money I once did, feel free to indulge! It was by far the most luxuriously pleasurable lip balm to ever touch my lips. However, these days I find that eos sweet mint is just fine as a (three dollar!) substitute.
UPDATE: The eos sweet mint smells good enough to eat (which is exactly what my two-year old did with the first one I owned!). However, after using it several days in a row during a Texas semi-cold spell I have come to the tragic conclusion that it doesn't even come CLOSE to La Mer. The latter had a butter-like consistency which was instantly absorbed. Eos leaves a waxy film and actually seems to be making my lips dryer. Maybe the La Mer is worth it after all...

on 10/14/2012 6:10:00 PM

This highly overpriced, rather thin-ish, petrolatum based, mentholated, not very moisturising texture, leaves lips more dry than before after a while. Excpert from the La Mer website:"Warm balm with fingertip and apply with a light, patting motion on lips, above and below the lip line.." Lol, everyone who werent satisfied with the La Mer 'The' Lip Balm, did probably not follow these all important instructions, neither did I.

i agree with everyone else...waaaaay overpriced. but does moisturize my lips nicely without the globbiness i get from some other lip balms.

Popular Lip Treatments