April 17, 2014 | 1801 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by shaktigal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This highly overpriced, rather thin-ish, petrolatum based, mentholated, not very moisturising texture, leaves lips more dry than before after a while. Excpert from the La Mer website:"Warm balm with fingertip and apply with a light, patting motion on lips, above and below the lip line.." Lol, everyone who werent satisfied with the La Mer 'The' Lip Balm, did probably not follow these all important instructions, neither did I.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by sweetiegracie

i agree with everyone else...waaaaay overpriced. but does moisturize my lips nicely without the globbiness i get from some other lip balms.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by OKsusha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

La Mer has marketed and priced this product outside of the range it belongs. If you have the money and like to feel pampered, buy it; if not, save yourself $50, because is not a miracle worker as are LaMer's other products. While it moisturizes lips very well, good old Chapstick will do the trick just the same.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by bluegreyeyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Ok, so while I really enjoy this product, I can't say I'd repurchase b/c the price tag is pretty steep. My friend gave me a free sample of this b/c she works for the company and had an extra.... I use it at night and it's a nice lightweight lip balm. Not waxy, not oily, not artificial... very comfortable but definitely not something I'd use if I had chapped lips or during a ski trip, ya know? I don't see it repairing well (for that I use Jack Black, love..HG) but for a nightly use or in the AM before lipstick, it's very spa like or something.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by tinklemd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product was WAY too hyped up. First of all, it is a pain to use a tub as a lip balm. Also, it contaminates the lip balm every time your finger plunges in to use it. It does not work any better than Burt's Bees and it's like 10X the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Best lip balm ever. Enough said

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 4:12:00 AM More reviews by cathekim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This lip balm worked well for a bit, but over time, began to actually dry out my lips. It "tingles" because it has menthol in it. Although it's a good gimmick, over time, I think the menthol causes irritation. Also, it is not super moisturizing. For the price, you'd expect better, but I was disappointed with it.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by boxyeongxan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I SERIOUSLY suffer from super chapped lips.
I don't know why but for some reason it gets chapped really easily and regular lip balm from the drugstore doesn't do anything for me!
Like I tried several lip balms and I even tried like those homemade remedies with honey and exfoliating and everything. And they do work but it doesn't last very long.
But after using this lip balm every night (generous amount) my lips don't get as chapped anymore.
It is definitely too pricey for a lip balm so if you're someone that doesn't really have as chapped lips and any kind of lip treatments work for them than it would probably be better to save up. But if your lips get chapped all the time and they crack and stuff than this might work for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Evgeniya89

Nothing special, but I like the scent. I enjoy applying it before going to bed, in the morning I receive beautiful plump lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by kpodaru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

what a waste of $65; for that price i fully expected my lips to feel as soft and smooth as a baby's bottom but my regular $2 vaseline does a better job!

keep your money; this is a waste and did nothing for me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No