July 22, 2014 | 1298 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by chanteuselaur

I had very cracked lips and had tried dozens of lip balms, treatments, etc. Carmex, things with shea butter, things with coconut oil, things with menthol, things with petroleum jelly, things that exfoliated, medicated things ,etc etc. Absolutely nothing was helping. Finally I decided to try this product, and it healed the sores on my lips within hours. It must be the 'miracle broth.' If you do not have severely dry lips, I can imagine it would not be a very impressive product, but if you do: I'm telling you, it really does work. It actually can heal very chapped, cracked lips in very little time. I don't think I can go without it. It completely changed my lips, and I am happy they are no longer painful, cracked, and are now smooth, soft, and comfortable.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by CocoMademoiseIIe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yes, this does smell and taste exactly like a Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie. This could be a positive or a negative depending on your tastes. The texture is smooth and luxurious. It's not too thick or too watery and it leaves your lips looking healthy, not glossy. However, I don't find this lasts any longer than your average lip balm. I'm not convinced it provides any healing benefits either. After an hour my lips look dry, cracked, and/or feathered again. Overall, this is just 'so-so'. For the price and cult following, I expected more.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by becca7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Now that I am forty-year old broke single mom I am embarrassed to admit that I ever purchased this at all, let alone loved it. Yet I did indeed adore it. If you have the money I once did, feel free to indulge! It was by far the most luxuriously pleasurable lip balm to ever touch my lips. However, these days I find that eos sweet mint is just fine as a (three dollar!) substitute.
UPDATE: The eos sweet mint smells good enough to eat (which is exactly what my two-year old did with the first one I owned!). However, after using it several days in a row during a Texas semi-cold spell I have come to the tragic conclusion that it doesn't even come CLOSE to La Mer. The latter had a butter-like consistency which was instantly absorbed. Eos leaves a waxy film and actually seems to be making my lips dryer. Maybe the La Mer is worth it after all...

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by shaktigal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This highly overpriced, rather thin-ish, petrolatum based, mentholated, not very moisturising texture, leaves lips more dry than before after a while. Excpert from the La Mer website:"Warm balm with fingertip and apply with a light, patting motion on lips, above and below the lip line.." Lol, everyone who werent satisfied with the La Mer 'The' Lip Balm, did probably not follow these all important instructions, neither did I.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by sweetiegracie

i agree with everyone else...waaaaay overpriced. but does moisturize my lips nicely without the globbiness i get from some other lip balms.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by OKsusha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

La Mer has marketed and priced this product outside of the range it belongs. If you have the money and like to feel pampered, buy it; if not, save yourself $50, because is not a miracle worker as are LaMer's other products. While it moisturizes lips very well, good old Chapstick will do the trick just the same.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by bluegreyeyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Ok, so while I really enjoy this product, I can't say I'd repurchase b/c the price tag is pretty steep. My friend gave me a free sample of this b/c she works for the company and had an extra.... I use it at night and it's a nice lightweight lip balm. Not waxy, not oily, not artificial... very comfortable but definitely not something I'd use if I had chapped lips or during a ski trip, ya know? I don't see it repairing well (for that I use Jack Black, love..HG) but for a nightly use or in the AM before lipstick, it's very spa like or something.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by tinklemd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product was WAY too hyped up. First of all, it is a pain to use a tub as a lip balm. Also, it contaminates the lip balm every time your finger plunges in to use it. It does not work any better than Burt's Bees and it's like 10X the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Best lip balm ever. Enough said

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 4:12:00 AM More reviews by cathekim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This lip balm worked well for a bit, but over time, began to actually dry out my lips. It "tingles" because it has menthol in it. Although it's a good gimmick, over time, I think the menthol causes irritation. Also, it is not super moisturizing. For the price, you'd expect better, but I was disappointed with it.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No