April 17, 2014 | 1483 users online

Sunscreen - Clarins - UV PLUS Protective Day Screen SPF 40

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by shi1

This is the best sunscreen I've found for my face up to date. I was looking for a sunscreen that isn't greasy, won't dry up my skin or clog pores, and good for sensitive skin.

The formula is very liquid (like a milk formula), and you only need a small amount. I like to squeeze a little into my palm, gently rub my hands together, and then pat the product onto my face (as opposed to rubbing it in). It has a nice light smell and does not have that horrible sunscreen smell. It is not greasy and is barely noticeable on the skin. I wear it over my regular skincare and under makeup. I haven't had to change my regular routine to accomodate this sunscreen.

This sunscreen does not dry out my skin like my previous one did. I also haven't experienced any breakouts or clogged pores since I've started using it which is fantastic! Some sunscreens burn my face (particularly near my eyes) but this one doesn't do that.

Although the bottle it comes in looks very basic, I have to admit that I quite like it because it's very compact so its great for traveling with. This product is quite pricey (about 40$ for 50 ml) but I think it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by suukyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not like the typical creamy sunscreen, and a little goes a long way. This sunscreen has a powdery finish that looks well under my liquid foundation. It even makes my liquid foundation look prettier since it adds shine to my face. On the downside, if I apply this sunscreen under liquid foundation and pressed powder, I get breakouts! I'd weak up in the morning with happy and clear skin, and by the afternoon terrible breakouts would show up magically. As a consequence I only use this when I go to the beach or stay outside for extended amounts of time or when I don't use any makeup at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Clustertums

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ve been using the esp white lotion for about 3 months now and it has become my H G product.Gives great sun protection ,is as light as air on skin and acts as a fab makeup primer.I like the fact you can use your fav day cream first and put this light lotion on top(good idea if your skin is a little on the dry side) and it does nt feel as if your wearing too many layers. Its exspensive but worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by K2G999

I've got the new version with the cantaloup antioxidant. I like the application, but the after effect was good and slightly bad. It goes great with my makeup, which I love. It makes my makeup stay longer and shine free, but make sure you put moisturizer first or it will dry up your skin little by little. The scent is nice and the feeling is light and seem like barely there. There is a slight white cast, but it's not obvious, it give you a glow instead of a white mask. The problems I have are: # 1, I need to use alot more moisturizer at night to keep my skin supple. Before, my day moisturizer was enough to keep my skin hydrated 24/7, but now I need to use night cream (more moisturizing) to keep it nice and supple. #2 , my old sunscreen was heavier, but I don't get dark from the sun. Now I find that I get dark easier from the sun. Of course I am not sun bathing or anything, but I can usually keep my skin white as possible in the summer if I avoid the sun, but this one doesn't seem to do alot for my skin pigments, but I know it works since it doesn't give me blackheads like the others does. Is there a explaination to this? I read that it's PA+++ , but is this the same one as the one in asia with the PA+++?

__________________________________

new update:
I get darker because the sun screen doesn't last as long as my last neutrogena one. I need to reapply if I want the same protection after hours. I can't aford to take off my makeup and reapply when I am working during the day, so I am giving up this product. Oh, I did end up having blackhead, it didn't come for a while, when it came, it was alot. I noticed it a couple days ago.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by unioncityblue

I absolutely love the TINTED version. I got a few samples of it (to be honest, this product is so expensive there was no way I wanted to buy without trying first) and it was great. It kept my make-up, particularly my foundation, in place for way longer, which is surprising for a sunscreen. In the past I have only found them to make my face shiny and greasy. However, I then bought a small 10ml version and it broke me out a bit? Then I realised, the samples I had used were the pink-tinted version and the other was neutral, it came out as a white liquid, and the latter did not like my skin at all! Has anyone else found this to be the case?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 4:56:00 AM More reviews by mimita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm on my second bottle. I'm very acne-prone and subject to breakouts. This is extremely lightweight and, though it seems greasy when you first spread it on, it absorbs immediately, leaving no residue. You need the tiniest amount to cover your face (my first bottle lasted nearly a year and I apply it every day, so the price is not at all bad) and it works fantastically as a primer for foundation or just to even out your skin if you are in a good skin day or don't feel like having makeup on. Recently, trying to craft my own tinted moisturizer, I started mixing this with my Make Up For Ever HD foundation (something like 30-40/70-60% of each) and it works really well. Less coverage, obviously, but a much more dewy, natural and less powdery finish. I will always buy again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by svprior

This is the best SPF lotion to protect your face from the damaging effects of the sun. It's free of harmful chemicals as it's mineral based. I love it. My regime is moisturising serum, moisturiser, followed by this light lotion. I have no idea why a few folk have suggested that this is oily - it's not. The reformulated (the old bottle is pictured) fluid is fabulous - a light pinky colour and definately gives you a glow. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by forya

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have a love/hate relationship with sunscreen. I'm allergic to chemical sunscreen, so it's extremely difficult to find the perfect sunscreen. A co-worker, convinced me to splurge $40 on a tiny one ounce bottle.

The texture is very light and and feels oily when first applied, but quickly dries, leaving no greasy residue.
There is no tint, so it is truly invisible on my skin.

I am allergic to most fragrances, but clarins' rose scent, fortunately, did not cause me to break out in a rash.

I would highly recommend this sunscreen for anyone who is allergic to chemical sunscreens and wants a truly invisible, non-greasy sunscreen

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by ALim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wear this everyday and it's my HG product. You only need a little and it goes a very long way. I went to Hawaii recently and the sun was very, very strong. My cheeks and forehead almost always burn even when I wear regular sunblock. This time I just used a little extra UV Plus and re-applied every few hours and I came back home sunburn-free!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

On a recent trip to the Middle East, I was intent on taking excellent care of my face so as to steer clear of the hyperpigmentation that I managed to rid myself of (after diligently caring for my skin). I read upon this (also Laura Mercier's Flawless) and I went with this one (both are SPF 40). After spending endless days out in the sun, hiking and what-not, my face ended up with a very nice, ever-so-slight color -NO hyperpigmentation in sight! This works just awesome as a primer, too. Once you smooth it on, you do have to wait a few seconds for it to dry, otherwise it might feel oily. Believe me, I cannot stand any oiliness on my face and this passed the test with flying colors!
I've tried many others that everyone seems to like (Shiseido, MAC, etc.) but they all broke me out & felt icky-oily. Not this one!
CANNOT RECOMMEND ENOUGH. This is my HG from now on, price be damned. Keeping my face clear of hyperpigmentation is worth it for me.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No