July 22, 2014 | 1542 users online

Sunscreen - Clarins - UV PLUS Protective Day Screen SPF 40

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by kikulicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This product comes in 3 shades - beige, pink and white (colourless). I've read many of the reviews, and the opinions really vary. This is because the coloured ones have a different consistency from the white one, but you won't really feel this if you're using a sample (I received samples and used them in pink and colouress) I'll review both:

White (Colourless): This one's light, makes your skin velvety, and is worth every penny. I got this in a small bottle at first. The kind you get over the counter. No problems at all. I've repurchased the smaller bottles :)

Pink: Like all humans, I am greedy. I wanted a fresh tint to my complexion, and bought the LARGE one in a pink! What a horrid idea. The consistency was abit steely and powdery, but still wet. It felt slightly wrong to be using it, but it's so expensive, I'm just going to have to keep using it.

Packaging: I've rated the packaging as 1 because the screwcap isnt tight enough. Brought this with me on a 6 hour flight and it was SUCH. A. NIGHTMARE. 3 hours into it, I found that my expensive sunscreen had leaked ALL OVER my makeup (wetting my powder blush). On the return flight, I scotchtaped the bottle, but that didn't help. Clarins needs to review this. The smaller bottle doesn't have this problem.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by ashley2011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The texture is light. It does make me a bit white, which I hate so much. And it's hard to evenly apply. The worst thing is my skin still got a bit darker with everyday use of this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS SUNSCREEN!! IT DOUBLES AS A MAKEUP PRIMER! I used to use silicone primers but they make my skin break out like crazy and my skin hates it. This is great- it is very light, fluidy, and compatible with most foundations! It doesnt make me white at all (Unlike the HOURGLASS VEIL PRIMER)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 3:21:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Similar to Shiseido's Urban Oil-free, this sunscreen has a runny consistency that's easy to blend into the skin. You get a soft-matte finish and pretty decent oil-control. It's easy to put primer and foundation over this, and there is no noticeable white cast -- something I saw with the Shiseido. Again, the two are very similar. I would say this is the better product for those with oily skin because this has better oil-control (the Shiseido has none). The white cast issue makes this a better choice as well. Super oily skin might want to look for something better, but I think slightly oily or combination skin would do well with this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by swtxdreams

product is non-greasy and can be worn under makeup. You must apply a light moisturizer under this for optimal results. The two steps are a hassle but better than having a greasy face or makeup that slides everywhere. It is a bit expensive for the amount of product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by nellja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Found this drying on even my oily skin. Also, I tanned. And it's expensive for what you get.

However, it's not bad layered *over* greasier sunblocks, to dry them out.

nb was also advised by the saleswoman to use 'a dab'. i imagine they're told to say that to justify the price, but obviously, it's idiotic advice.

edit: I've stupidly gone back to this when my other sunscreen runs out. Because I'm cheap. EVERY TIME, I break out. Going in the garbage.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 6:27:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I also love this product, for the same reasons expressed in the review right before mine by shi1. What I like most is that this offers a really high level of SPF in a product that feels pleasant to use, is not heavy or greasy and works well under makeup. It is a thin, milky liquid that leaves my skin feeling matte - it feels almost like a mattifying primer. The price may be a little steep but for the level of protection it offers and for how nice it feels, I am willing to pay that little bit extra. It costs only slightly more than the Kiehl's sun protection lotion (which is very similar in texture, finish and high level of SPF) and is actually cheaper than Lise Watier's most excellent facial sun protection product. It's definitely a product I would repurchase (but not til I make my way through the 3 quite large sample tubes I have, which will probably take me all summer).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by shi1

This is the best sunscreen I've found for my face up to date. I was looking for a sunscreen that isn't greasy, won't dry up my skin or clog pores, and good for sensitive skin.

The formula is very liquid (like a milk formula), and you only need a small amount. I like to squeeze a little into my palm, gently rub my hands together, and then pat the product onto my face (as opposed to rubbing it in). It has a nice light smell and does not have that horrible sunscreen smell. It is not greasy and is barely noticeable on the skin. I wear it over my regular skincare and under makeup. I haven't had to change my regular routine to accomodate this sunscreen.

This sunscreen does not dry out my skin like my previous one did. I also haven't experienced any breakouts or clogged pores since I've started using it which is fantastic! Some sunscreens burn my face (particularly near my eyes) but this one doesn't do that.

Although the bottle it comes in looks very basic, I have to admit that I quite like it because it's very compact so its great for traveling with. This product is quite pricey (about 40$ for 50 ml) but I think it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by suukyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not like the typical creamy sunscreen, and a little goes a long way. This sunscreen has a powdery finish that looks well under my liquid foundation. It even makes my liquid foundation look prettier since it adds shine to my face. On the downside, if I apply this sunscreen under liquid foundation and pressed powder, I get breakouts! I'd weak up in the morning with happy and clear skin, and by the afternoon terrible breakouts would show up magically. As a consequence I only use this when I go to the beach or stay outside for extended amounts of time or when I don't use any makeup at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Clustertums

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ve been using the esp white lotion for about 3 months now and it has become my H G product.Gives great sun protection ,is as light as air on skin and acts as a fab makeup primer.I like the fact you can use your fav day cream first and put this light lotion on top(good idea if your skin is a little on the dry side) and it does nt feel as if your wearing too many layers. Its exspensive but worth it.