Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

4.1

Caprylic/Capric Triglycerid. Zea Mays (Corn) Starch. Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate. Nylon 12. Dipentaeythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinare. Isostearyl Isostearate. Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate. Talc. Sorbitan Stearate. Water\Aqua\Eu. Polyacrylamide. C13-14 Isoparaffin. Polyvinyl Alcohol. Bytylene Glycol. Laureth-7. Tin Oxide. Sodium Benzoate. Sodiym Dehydroacetate. Phenoxyethanol. Methyparaben. Ethylparaben. Proplyparaben. Butylparaben.

on 8/10/2012 1:09:00 PM

Medium Tan Asian, yellow undertones
Mac Foundation Shade NC35, C4
Combination Skin, oily at t-zone & dry at cheeks

I tend to use this more as an eyeshadow than a highlighter, as I do not like my highlights too strong and shimmery. I like the 'shine' look more. I love the way it makes my eyelids very shimmery and shiny, with a little sense of metallic build to it. However, I feel that it doesn't really stick onto the skin very well, needing some help of shadow primers. Also, it is very flaky and has a lot of fallout, so I tend to do my eye makeup before I do my foundation, whenever I am using this. I personally wouldn't purchase such a product from bobbi brown since I like to save money on makeup that's just used, washed out and gone after time, but I like using it as a present from a friend (:

on 7/2/2012 4:54:00 AM

My mom got this for me in Pink Oyster (Asia exclusive). At first I was a bit unsure as to whether it would work on my skin because I am a medium tan (NC40) and dont have the oriental skintone to carry off such light colours. I have to say - it really does show !! I use it on my cheekbones with some bronzer below and it just sort of lifts my face and gives it an "ethereal" glow.

I would definitely buy it again!

This is the perfect day time highlighter for me. It's very subtle and delivers just enough sheen to make my face glow. I have tried this product under candle light, couldn't see it at all. I would use benefit's high beam or nars' albatross if you want it to really stand out.

on 5/28/2012 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I got my shimmer brick last year in a limited edition offer. First the SA was rubbish, really giving the impression he was not wanting to be there and not wanting to tell me about any of the products, but the offer seemed so good I couldn't pass it up. The shimmer brick was far too dark for my fair skin (bronze, beige and brown colours) but the reason it gets 3 lippies is it makes the perfect smokey eye for me. As a blush/bronzer I will never use this product but as an eyeshadow palette it is perfect and I use it over and over again. I wouldn't re-purchase this particular shade but I am tempted to buy a lighter pink colour to test it out.

on 1/25/2012 4:00:00 AM

I have the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact in the colour "Nectar". It has different shades of red/pink/peach and 1 shimmery beige colour, i use it as a blush daily, all you do is use a blush brush, swirl it around your compact to get a combination of all light and darker shades, and apply to apples of cheeks. I really like this blush because it gives you a natural glow, not too dark, not too light, not too shimmery and i love all the sweet colours that its made up of. Its versatile, you can also use it as eyeshadow, so its very good value for money as it not only has one shade but you've got a few which you can mix and match with. Packaging is really good, its a hard case, very easy to open and store, and just the right size for me to carry around in my bag.

on 1/23/2012 3:24:00 AM

This is a great face highlighter. I use the color palette "pink" It's very subtle and goes on smooth. The colors range from pink to pale cream. I sometimes use the darker pink color as a blush too.

on 1/5/2012 10:17:00 PM

Amazing, crease-proof eyeshadows. I have one brick in Pink Quartz and another in Pink Oyster (only available in Asia, similar to Pink Quartz but more brown). Overall, I find them too sparkly to use as cheek highlighters except at night, but the individual stripes are great as everyday eyeshadows. The lighest shade (pearly off-white) works for lining the waterline and inner corners for awake-looking eyes. The second lightest shade makes a perfect all-over wash that doesn't crease at all even without primer. Sometimes I apply the darkest color as eyeliner with a wet brush for a shimmery neutral eye that works for daytime.

on 1/2/2012 5:22:00 PM

I have one of BB bronze shimmer bricks, and its one product that I use most often when I wear make up. The different strips of colour can also be used as individual eye shadows as well, so its very convenient for when I go on holiday, I can just take the shimmer brick and I have my everyday palette.

The price for what it is, is well worth it. Im not sure how much I bought it for but it was just a bit cheaper than what it is priced on their website now. I would definitely re-purchase this product again, I originally wanted to purchase the different colour shimmer bricks... which I may in the future.

Overall, I love this product. I love Bobbi Brown!

on 12/24/2011 10:22:00 AM

First time I applied this Rose Quartz with the BB blender brush and the results were ghastly....too much shimmer. I put it aside and a few weeks later I took it out again and used a MAC "skunk" brush (a fain brush would probably work also) and applied it with a light hand. It is fabulous over my cheek gel!

on 11/4/2011 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Mom got this for me in nectar. She said the pink one was too glittery & the beige was too neutral so she picked this cause it was more a sheen. I have it and i use it on my cheekbones. it's very beautiful and professional looking. I'm happy with it, and it last forever...