April 16, 2014 | 1615 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by daisybu

I have one of BB bronze shimmer bricks, and its one product that I use most often when I wear make up. The different strips of colour can also be used as individual eye shadows as well, so its very convenient for when I go on holiday, I can just take the shimmer brick and I have my everyday palette.

The price for what it is, is well worth it. Im not sure how much I bought it for but it was just a bit cheaper than what it is priced on their website now. I would definitely re-purchase this product again, I originally wanted to purchase the different colour shimmer bricks... which I may in the future.

Overall, I love this product. I love Bobbi Brown!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by pcjo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First time I applied this Rose Quartz with the BB blender brush and the results were ghastly....too much shimmer. I put it aside and a few weeks later I took it out again and used a MAC "skunk" brush (a fain brush would probably work also) and applied it with a light hand. It is fabulous over my cheek gel!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by valenpeterns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mom got this for me in nectar. She said the pink one was too glittery & the beige was too neutral so she picked this cause it was more a sheen. I have it and i use it on my cheekbones. it's very beautiful and professional looking. I'm happy with it, and it last forever...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased the Summer Shimmerbrick set from Nordstrom for $80. It came with the Shimmer Brick, Face Blender Blush, Black Ink Gel Eyeliner, Eye Appicator, Extreme Party Mascara, Lip Gloss and Lipstick. Since I wanted to try it, I figured, why not?

I use this shimmer brick mostly as a multi-use eyeshadow. It is like 5 colors in one that blend very very well. Some of the warmer colors I use softly for day, or if I want to add pop I blend differently. I can also use it to highlight my face, but its rare that I do that. I am a woman of color, Bobbi Brown 6/6.5, Nars Toffee, Mac C7/NW43 and these shimmer bricks are great for those who are thinking of playing with eyeshadow and don't know where to start. While I could, I probably wouldn't use it as a blush, but I like it for a shadow and highlighter.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2011 6:45:00 AM More reviews by kristy88au

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The colors are really beautiful. I found them too shimmery in combination (which was pretty disappointing), so I've been using them as individual eye shadows. That is, until they all crumbled and fell out of the compact. I'm pretty delicate with all my products so I definitely think this is the fault of the packaging, and is the reason why I wouldn't repurchase. Lovely big mirror though!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by christina001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These are crazy amazing. I reviewed Beige and Nectar separately, too - these give the most subtle glow when swiped only once (I use the BB Bronzer brush, it is big but I swipe it only on top of the cheekbone, and it works perfectly - smaller highlighter brushes work well, too), and can be intensified for the evening.

I wore nectar for my wedding day - photographs in a lovely way. gives a subtle glow, nothing glittery. I like Beige even better, which promises candlelight glow and really delivers. Am in love, simply put!

P.s. I never use this heavily layered - on its own, but 1 to a max. of 3 swipes, this is a use I rarely do, though. Mostly I combine them with bronzer as a blush or contour, or with regular blush (for evenings bronzer+blush+shimmerbrick), on top of the cheekbone only. The BB mua said this could be used to spice up a dull blush on top, too, but I have not used it this way. Anyways based on some reviews who say their cheeks look muddy when they apply too much - I think this really shines when used as an extra to some other colour on the cheek - or solo, but sparingly used!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Danielleh

Absolutely wonderful! Really highlights the face! Expensive BUT it did last me almost 2 years - well worth the $80 i forked out for it in NZ.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Skylar100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased Bobbie Brown's Shimmerbrick in the pink shade and find it was a complete waste of money. I bought it on impulse at Sephora for $56.00 dollars as I loved the colors in the palette. However, when I wear it and I am medium complex, blonde with blue eyes, the highlighters don't show up enough to make a difference as check, face or eyeshadow highlighter. The brick just look pretty in the package and that's about it. Also when I have worn it, I haven't received any compliments probably because it doesn't really do much for me and no one seems to notice I have it on. The packaging could be better too, the brick is extremely fragile and can cause the shadows to break off. You have to be very careful when you use it and in storing the compact. I wouldn't bother to re-purchase the BB shimmerbrick again, as it doesn't do much as a highlighter for your face or eyelids, no real shimmer there. I can't find a use for it, would throw it out if it wasn't such a big investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Debi3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have found that using this with a fanbrush works best. I first put on BB cream blush in Stonewash Pink--which is kind of peachy pink/neutral, and then put the Rose Shimmerbrick over it. I can get away with a more pink blush if my cheeks are not really pink that day. I don't care for the brush that came with it. It seems to put it on in a streak and make it hard to blend, even without the cream blush under it. also, I like to use some of the pink shades at the darker end of the pallette on my brow bone, and the white on the eyelid, which opens up my eye. I am planning on getting Beach too. I think it will blend well over BB pale pink cream blush.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by rshim09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the Bronze one and been loving it so far. I use it on days when I want a little bronze with shimmer and don't use blush with it. I don't really like the lighter colors on top so I just just the bottom 3 colors. I think it's a great product and am thinking about using some of the colors as an eyeshadow.