July 30, 2014 | 1222 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Satinwear 02 ultimate blow-dry lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is genius! Background: I have very thick, VERY textured hair that I've put through the ringer for about 10 years. Coloring, stripping, bleaching...something different at least once a month since I was about 12. Put almost daily heat styling on top of this and my hair has been a complete damaged, frizzy mess for a very long time. I recently decided I wanted it cut into a piecey inverted bob. Needless to say I was on a mad dash to the store for some kind of product that would make my new style manageable. No product in the *world* could have done what this little bottle of magic does. Two pumps on towel dried hair, comb through and blow dry---absolutely stunned. My hair is so smooth, so soft and straight that I almost don't need to flat iron it! Even when I don't feel like blow drying it and just use the lotion and let my hair air dry this is wonderfully effective. My hair still has some curl, but it's still incredibly smooth and silky. My only regret is that it's taken me so long to find this. 5 lippies and an eternal recommendation from me. This stuff is flawless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This popped up on here once under "latest reviews" and it caught my eye. I used it today (with no other products) and I can honestly say nothing else has ever gotten my hair as soft as this has! I have used a lot of pre-blowout products but this is by far the best. I felt like it was protecting my hair from heat damage (I don't know why, but I did!), it cut my drying time by about 1/4 and once dry, my hair was smooth, shiny and unbelievably soft. Thanks to this stuff my hair is full of body and movement, whereas some products can make your hair more of a limp clump. It is not a serum, so not greasy or sticky - you can't feel it in your hair at all. I cannot recommend this enough; I am just sad it took me so long to find it! Definitely an HG.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by dinglingberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is REALLY the ultimate blow dry lotion!

I used this product for the first time today and I loved the results. I have long, very thick indian hair and I used about 4 pumps of this product and a large round brush to style my hair. The first thing I noticed was it cut the drying time down by about 25% which is amazing because it takes forever to dry my mane. It also transformed by frizzy hair into smooth, soft silk and I can't stop touching it! I then followed with Redken Glass serum to add some extra shine and to tame a few flyaways.

I will definately buy this product again... where has it been all my life!?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 8:56:00 AM More reviews by lilylamp

this really is a great product, as everyone here will tell you... it gives alot of shine, just the right amount of hold (natural looking) and makes your hair look totally healthy and super soft. I have used this from roots to tips, and blow dried so as to add volume (head upside down, or otherwise using round brush) and the results have been awesome. seems to eliminate alot of frizz, almost all (which is a major accomplishment in my case) i first tried it by chance in a sample size, and recently bought myself the massive full size bottle that should last me forever. it cost me AUD 20. inc postage, on ebay. i think thats pretty reasonable? but i know elsewhere it probably sells for more.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by 6rungirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

May be a little pricey, but so worth it to me. My hair feels so silky smooth when I use this! I have long hair, and 2 pumps is about right for me. I apply it to towel dryed hair, concentrating on the bottom half and then running my fingers through the scalp with whatever is left on my hands. It smells nice as well. I will 100% buy this again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by xkarlena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am not a Redken girl and I LOVE this product. I have been using it for years, from before cosmetology school to 3 years after. It is the perfect lotion for your hair to have it have a "base" , if you will, for your styling. Makes curling, straightening, back combing, braiding, crimping...EVERYTHING easier to do with a beautiful shiny outcome! I gave this a rating of three for price because I dont know what it is from a non-professional store.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by autumnus88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am in LOOOOVE with this product! It makes my hair soooo soft and manageable. I have fine, wavy hair and this does not weigh my hair down. I use this pretty much everyday and I can even not blow dry my hair and it isn't crazy or out of control. This stuff really is awesome and I would totally recommend it. It doesn't make hair gummy or gross like other blow dry lotions that I've tried and I find I can actually go longer between washes when I use this! LOVE IT!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by dddaza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a free 16.9 oz bottle from my aunt who does hair on the side, so maybe the fact that I didn't pay for it made me love it more.

Anywho, great for blowdrying natural/African American hair

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by miszdeniise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this! Makes my hair shiny,soft and pin straight. Ontop its a heat protectant which is great! I use it on wet hair when I blowdry my hair. Then when my hair is dry I put a tiny bit and flat iron it. My hair stays straight and nice. Get the smaller size at Ulta for $4 and try it out.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2010 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Jennifer22309

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I use to use Velvet whip by the all soft collection. I also use the Sham and Cond from the All soft collection.
So when i walked into Ulta and said they discontinued the velvet whip which made my hair silky sofffttt I wanted to shed a tear or 2. but i found this was probably the next thing i could use.
Well, It makes my hair soft...sure.. But not compared to velvet whip. Ill keep using this for now.